JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Noah Film

I understand that there will be liberties and licenses taken with things left to the imagination, sometimes stretched to the limit, or worse, Biblically speaking. For me, I don't go to the theatre more then once a year, and this is the movie I've chosen. There are scenes that seem to present a realism to the account, and personally I can't wait to see what's been done, for better, or worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I love Russell Crowe (sorry, Leslie - when he had a band, I even went to one of his concerts in Austin<ducking>), so I will in all likelihood go to see it.  I heard an ad over the car radio on the way home, and I'm still thinking I must have heard it wrong because it said, 'No artistic license has been taken with this film.'  Huh?  That's sort of impossible, seeing as how young his wife and sons look, and there are characters in there who aren't in the account!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

So, I saw Anthony Hopkins in the trailer and thought to myself, "who could he possibly be playing? Could it be?"  IMDB confirmed: Methuselah. I thought that was a nice touch, though I've always wondered if Methuselah happened to die in the year of the flood or if he died in the flood. Only one way to find out for sure; but you better believe that if I'm there, I'm gonna ask.

The Insight book (page 389 Volume 2) says that Methuselah died the year of the flood (2370 BCE).

Quote: "But the Scriptures say that Methuselah "died", not that he perished in the Deluge as a result of Divine execution."

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

I do remember that now that you mention it and the Insight book specifically indicating that likelihood does provide a satisfactory answer; but I just can't get over the magnitude of coincidence that a man lives for 969 years, then just happens to die the year mankind is wiped off the earth...not a year before...but that EXACT year.  Then again, it's also logical that many other people were fortunate enough to die naturally that year rather than being taken by the flood, so is his natural death actually a coincidence at all?  I read various scriptures in Genesis and I keep going back and forth.  I suppose it's just a speculative curiosity that's picked at my brain since youth (since before the Insight book came out actually).

As I understand it, most people don't really believe in the flood account as revealed in the Bible, or they think it was a localized flood. The majority though, view it as an allegory or myth, much the same way they view Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. That's why I'm surprised so many worldly people are interested in seeing the movie. Maybe they will think of it as nothing more than enjoyable fantasy with good special effects, you know, just another superhero movie. Then again, maybe they're looking for a reason to believe, via Hollywood.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

With the way Hollywood does things, just think what they would do with the account of Adam and Eve .... and, what would it be rated :eek:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

According to IMDB there is a character called Eve, I wonder if they will have flashbacks to the garden?!

Ooooo, that sinches it. I wanna see how Hollywierd portrays the only woman made by God's own hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Ooooo, that sinches it. I wanna see how Hollywierd portrays the only woman made by God's own hand.

Lets hope they get it right.  Knowing this system of things they might show Adam and Steve, instead of Adam and Eve  ^_^

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1959490/

MV5BMjA4MzI2MDY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkz Ariane Rinehart ...

MV5BMTQxMjA5ODg0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg3 Adam Griffith ...

She is cute. A little too white to be Eve, eh?

I saw that they have a Cain and Abel as well. It should be interesting - to say the least.

post-272-0-48534300-1394226172.jpg

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1959490/

MV5BMjA4MzI2MDY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkz Ariane Rinehart ...

MV5BMTQxMjA5ODg0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg3 Adam Griffith ...

She is cute. A little too white to be Eve, eh?

I saw that they have a Cain and Abel as well. It should be interesting - to say the least.

attachicon.gifMV5BMjA4MzI2MDY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzkzNzEyOA@@._V1_SY317_CR18,0,214,317_.jpg

Not my first choice lol

There's an interactive page on the official website where you can navigate the various decks on the ark (mammalian, reptile, aviary), it's so cool! The visualizations alone could drive me to see this, but Russell Crowe and Sir Anthony Hopkins seal the deal.

Edited by Kevin Anthony

If one hasn't seen a movie, it is not wise to say how good, or how bad it is, right? See it, then make judgment calls, or don't see it, and assume, which is not wise. March 28th. Can't wait.

On second thought, a trailer may not show a movie is good, but it can show it is not. What can I expect?

On second thought, a trailer may not show a movie is good, but it can show it is not. What can I expect?

I have had the opposite experience. Have seen many movies based on how good the trailers looked and found that to be the only good parts of the movie.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

This movie has given me an opportunity to give a witness.  One of my husband's co-workers was saying how she is looking forward to it and asked if I was going to see it.  I replied that I probably would but might not if I hear it is severely inaccurate to the Bible account.  She seemed surprised and said she doesn't care if it is, and that she just wants to be entertained.  I was able to reason with her how that can be dangerous.  We talked a bit about how people can be mislead if they don't first have a firm understanding of the original Bible account.  Then I was able to share Matt. 24:36-39 and reasoned that that is a message for us today.  She agreed that she would want to know the truth if it applied to her and wasn't just a matter of entertainment. 

I thought I'd brush up on the account further.

Proverbs 16:3  "Commit to Jehovah whatever you do and your plans will succeed."