JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Noah Film

Because the Eden was probably located near Iraq, sne probably had this tan ;)

a2yjejez.jpg

Did they not carry the DNA for all races today or was there another creation? But, I have to agree that their skin tone was probably darker than depicted in the movie.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

According to the review in the Hollywood Reporter one of the more startling aspects in this movie  is that the Nephilim helped to build the ark hoping to hop on at the last moment. 

Ahhhhhhahahahahaha!!! Whew!  Good one, Aronofsky.  TOTALLY possible. </s>

thumbs%252520yup-nope-fail.gif

Because this movie is going to  be released this next week I decided to go online to try and get a real

feel for the movie, how Biblically accurate it may be, and what other people who see it may be asking us

when we meet up with them in service or elsewhere.

I listened to Russell Crowe's interview on his perspective of the movie, since he plays Noah. He was put off

by the critics of whom he said are disparaging it and they haven't even seen the movie yet. So I think that  is

an important point that whatever we say, we need to have our facts  straight. Now one of the "facts" about the

movie that Crowe mentioned is that he played Noah as if he was an ordinary man, ( which of course he was ).

but in Crowe's mind this meant warts and all. So this will be a flawed Noah. And two "facts" he mentioned in this

regard is that he stood by and watched the world be destroyed ( clear implication he did nothing to stop it but built

an ark and told the people that there would be a coming Flood ). Nothing here about Noah being a "preacher

of righteousnes". So the concern Noah showed for his preflood contemporaries is apparently minimized. Second

Crowe talks about the fact that right after the Flood Noah gets drunk, so he really wasn't much different than

those God just destroyed, a flawed hero. Whether this was as a result of the change in climate after the fall, caus-

ing the grapes to mature into wine at a rate that Noah was unaware of, or this was a one time lack of good judgment

on his part, we know from the Biblical record Noah was not a habitual sinner. So Noah truly was what his name was

was prophetic of: " Rest ". because after the wickedness of that ancient world by his faithfulness to God he brought

rest to the human family.

On the positive side, in listening to the director of the film, he said ha had been fascinated by the story of Noah

since he was a boy. So they went to great pains to present the story as accurate as they could to the Bible record.

( At least from their standpoint ). So he correctly describes the ark as a big box, and said they built their ark to the

size the Bible describes. ( Russell Crowe describes that the first time he saw it on the set he was awed by its size ).

They also  show the fallen angels and the Nephilim. I don't know many details about that, but I thought that is sure

exceptional. He also said they obviously had to take some artistic licence because of how brief the Bible narrative

is and there is no dialogue. So they make Tubal-Cain, mentioned in Genesis as the first forger of metal, to be Noah's

arch rival and nemesis. As we can see from the previews, when the Flood begins, it shows, as the Bible says, the

"vast springs of the watery depths", erupting like volcanoes. and lifting the ark so it begin to float while the Flood

begin to drown all life on earth at that time. Several of the actresses that I heard interviewed spoke of what a pro-

found experience making the movie was for them, and how they felt it would leave people talking about their spiritual

beliefs. That said, this movie may provide an great opening for discussing the Good News. Because we can show

them from our own literature how we have known the correct condition about before the Flood. We can also show

them a picture of the ark draw years ago before they made the one in the movie ( but they are both the same ).

We can answer some of the challenges to their "Flawed Noah". And finally we can show what all of this means for

us today, and the coming of God's Kingdom, which will bring true "Rest" to this world.

GStorrs46

GStorrs46

Zeke,

You have posted a rather amazing video brother ! :deadhorse:

GStorrs46

Read this was the goal of the movie directed by an atheist.

"Noah the environmentalist: Adventure epic is 'the least biblical biblical film ever made', says director Darren Aronofsky"

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/noah-is-the-least-biblical-biblical-film-ever-made-says-director-9214686.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter & grandchildren just came from seeing it. Disappointment upon disappointment.

The angels that left their original position did so to humankind?

While on earth they were punished with rock bodies like in the "never-ending story" and were forgiven because they helped Noah build the ark.

Evolution is promoted.

Noah is depicted as a female infant murderer.

I'll not pay money to promote such blasphemy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Edited by palmhat

Don't forget about the reading of tea leaves to find out the sons girlfriend is pregnant and magic potions and healing powers from Methuselah.

My daughter & grandchildren just came from seeing it. Disappointment upon disappointment.

The angels that left their original position did so to humankind?

While on earth they were punished with rock bodies like in the "never-ending story" and were forgiven because they helped Noah build the ark.

Evolution is promoted.

Noah is depicted as a female infant murderer.

I'll not pay money to promote such blasphemy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

Seen it last night and was 2 hours wasted. Other than building an ark and having the name Noah, everything else was so far from the actual Bible account it almost became laughable.

I won't ruin it for those that haven't seen it yet but I am sure the Muppets would be money more wisely invested if one wants to be entertained at the movies.

My daughter & grandchildren just came from seeing it. Disappointment upon disappointment. The angels that left their original position did so to humankind? While on earth they were punished with rock bodies like in the "never-ending story" and were forgiven because they helped Noah build the ark. Evolution is promoted. Noah is depicted as a female infant murderer. I'll not pay money to promote such blasphemy! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Don't hurt ourselves, Save yourself time and money, the friends here have been very helpful ... http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/14415-noah-the-movie-be-careful-spoiler/

• 3 months later...

Saw this film tonight and laughed so hard!   It was just SO wrong on so many levels!

A real comedy.

I never expected an accurate reflection of the scriptural story, more so after the comments by the friends here, but I was surprised that the movie actually has nothing to do with the real story: there's a Noah, there's a Flood and there's an ark. That's all.

I understand that many of the additions (such as the fallen angels, or Cain's descendants eating animals) are inspired in the apocryphal Book of Enoch. Others are just understandable theatrical inventions: the fight scenes, the boy's girlfriend, or the stowaway in the ark that only serves to create the climax where Noah's children will have to decide where their loyalty is.

What I didn't understood is the purpose of that weird part where Noah definitely loses his marbles and is convinced that God's will for him is to kill the babies, so putting an end to mankind. Is it just to explain Noah's further behavior as a lonely drunkard ostracized from his family? It doesn't make sense at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I personally had no interest in seeing this movie after reading about the director bragging how this was the least biblical movie about the bible, ever. However, my fleshly brother had no qualms about it and went to see the movie. His comical review of the movie had me in stitches and was (probably) more entertaining than the movie.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

• 1 month later...

We actually had one brother argue that there was nothing wrong with this depiction and that the movie made the bible account much more believable. He went as far as saying that the bible account seemed far fetched and hard to believe.

I've seen this movie and it angered me it was so blasphemous! It was wrong on every level.

We actually had one brother argue that there was nothing wrong with this depiction and that the movie made the bible account much more believable. He went as far as saying that the bible account seemed far fetched and hard to believe. I've seen this movie and it angered me it was so blasphemous! It was wrong on every level.

Sounds like this brother has some serious problems!

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

He went as far as saying that the bible account seemed far fetched and hard to believe.

So according to this brother:

Bible: Jehovah saves Noah and his family, and cleanses the earth of his opposers, materialized angel, nephilim, and human. - Hard to believe, despite being the inspired word of God.

Movie: The demons build an ark for Noah and his family, are forgiven and accepted by God for their acts of heroism, and Noah attempts to kill off the human race entirely. - Accurate and believable, despite being made by someone who takes pride in making “the least biblical biblical film ever made”.

If he doesn't get some serious help now, he might end up falling under the prophecy of 1 Timothy 4:1.

My husband - who rarely reads reviews - borrowed it from our lending library.

This was a good way for an atheist to make a film claiming to be Biblical and making the Bible look ridiculous, Godly people look nasty and delusional and bad characters not look so bad and God to be a superstitious figment of one man's imagination that drove him to do one right thing in building an ark to avoid a flood, but he went so deranged after that, the rest of his family had to avoid him or risk being killed!! 

Reminds me of a section of Shakespeare I had to learn at school that included the lines "a tale told by and idiot -Full of sound and fury yet signifying nothing!"

Only the names were right the rest was violent fiction - wouldn't recommend it.

Sounds like this brother has some serious problems!

You have no idea. I refuse to speak to him about anything spiritual because he is so off-the-wall. This is a Witness who believes evolution, and has a hard time wrapping his intellect around accounts such as Adam and Eve, Noah, and seas parting. He's more apostate than Witness imo and others.