JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Noah Film

Release Date: March 28, 2014  :eek:

I would like to see. I will have to see what the ratings are.

note: I am still hoping this system will be over before then, but if it isn't .......

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The reviews are not good. It is a Hollywood remake and they are squabbling about how final cut will be. They also need to redo some parts. It is not accurate, well they got his name right at least.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

No, but I am willing to bet they focus more on the sex and violence of the people of the time - than on THAT being the reason why they were destroyed!

They did the same with "The Bible" minis-series and Sodom and Gomorrah. Although, I have to admit seeing the angels do karate and sword play on the way out of the city was :eek:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I will make a point to see it, as I do most films that have a biblical inspiration to them :-)

Can someone move this to the actual "music and movies" forum, and leave a moved indicator here?

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I will make a point to see it, as I do most films that have a biblical inspiration to them :-)

Can someone move this to the actual "music and movies" forum, and leave a moved indicator here?

OOps - done.

Soon .....

The trailer looked interesting, clearly a far leap from the biblical account. The animals coming to the ark however looked quite well done.

The Wikipedia page mentioned a character named Eve, I wonder if they will have some depiction of Eden?

There was also a character listed as "Fallen Angel"?

Something I do think I'll have to research, the wiki page mentioned six armed angels called "Watchers".

Is this the LGBT Noah or non LGBT Noah version? jk - Naturally Hollywood will not be using our new bible .. interested in seeing how it turns out.

UK Trailer -- Noah has gone superhero ...

Edited by Jordan

I will maybe watch this. The biblical accuracy will make or break it for me. Will probably spend some of the film going "that's not what happened" in my head. Worth a look though as long as the rating is okay.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

I generally avoid bible films because I can't sit still through all the inaccuracies, however the trailer for this looks pretty good. 

Noah doesn't look feeble with a long white beard, the animals coming to him was good (although the hundreds of snakes was overkill, one pair would have been enough)...it would be cool if they'd show the angels coming down from heaven and the Nephelim but from the trailer it looked like opposition came from just the local clan leader...  

I fear they'll have Noah and his sons being depicted as violent but yes, at least the ark is the right shape.

I'll wait for reviews and opinions on my brothers and sisters but this film is a definite "maybe"

(Like Crowe)

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in seeing it?

Ooooo, It looks good. It is bound to be blasphemous. You know they are catering to the audience of today. And they just have to take poetic license with it. But whoa, it looks good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I'm with Leslie on this one--I don't care for Russell Crowe that much---but I saw the movie preview in the theater last weekend and it looks pretty good! What I find interesting, though, is the fascination people have with end of the world scenarios--I think they can feel it coming, don't you?

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

• 2 months later...

Noticed this preview the other night when my wife and I were at the movies.  Cannot wait!  When I was a kid I always was fascinated by the story of Noah and what it was like in the Ark.  AND Russell Crowe is playing the part of Noah!  :D

here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qmj5mhDwJQ

Just use discernment.  I too was waiting to see what it was about, but a little more research on the internet about the movie shows that it is way off.  The only truth so far in the movie seems that there is a chracther named Noah, he builds an ark, save animals and his family and a there is a flood.  The rest of the filler is way out there.

• 2 weeks later...

As the director has correctly pointed out there is not much information to go on in the account of Noah to make a full length film, so of necessity there will have to be much artistic license. The question is, will that artistic license be in harmony with the Scriptural pattern of truth? I will only be able to give my opinion after I see this movie, and not before. Assuming it has a rating that my conscience can bear, I am seeing this, in fact it will be the only movie I see in a theatre this year. Personally I am excited, and have been ever since I heard about it. Someone already Bible mini-series produced by Roma Downey. This series exaggerated, downplayed, or downright changed events in a way that only someone who has read the Bible would know. I was especially bothered by the story of Abraham. They had him take Isaac a short distance from their home for sacrifice (Scripture says a 3 day journey) There was no attendant (Scripture says there were two) The movie depicted a lamb stuck in the thicket for the substitutionary sacrifice (Scripture says it was a ram) And Sarah was able to run to the site in a manner of minutes, it was a three day journey! (Besides, there is no record of this at all.) Lot and his wife were shown to have made the decision to move from Abraham's encampment. (Scripture says it was Abraham who presented the idea to Lot.) So yes, we should stay skeptical of this movie, but I for one will not assume anything until I see it.