JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

No Facebook Feels Fantastic!

i didn't think i could do it but i did! it has been almost 2 weeks since i deleted my account with facebook! woohoo! good riddance and be done with it! anyone else experiencing a sudden increase of time in the ministry/personal study/prayer/getting housework done/enjoying your dog/etc? how devious of a thief facebook is! i don't even miss it!:dance:

i didn't think i could do it but i did! it has been almost 2 weeks since i deleted my account with facebook! woohoo! good riddance and be done with it! anyone else experiencing a sudden increase of time in the ministry/personal study/prayer/getting housework done/enjoying your dog/etc? how devious of a thief facebook is! i don't even miss it!:dance:

I wish we had a like button here LOL!:ok:

Awesome! You set a fine example.

I am working on it. I have hidden most of those who I do not know in real life, and so now the "news" flows so much slower. I peek in once every day or two, and hardly spend more than a minute or two.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I have had set up my facebook to delete from 3rd of January so in Monday now it will be 2 weeks and my profile should be permanently deleted.

One thing what I can see I spend more time with my wife and kids.We have more time to do in spiritual ways.

Last week I set up together preparation for my family:Monday for Thursday meeting and Tuesday WT for Sunday meeting.

We have regular family worship on Saturday so we have more time to spend time together as a family.

I do have news for my family in Saturday new programs for my family:

1.Read Bible together on basis weekly reading

2.More interested in kids their life in school,private life and with spiritual grow.

3.From Wednesday til Friday read together our magazines Watch Tower and Awake

4.Practice demonstrations for field service and more activity in field service

5.Reading Year book 2011.

So I am keeping more activity in Jehovah ways!

I don't need facebook at all and I don't miss at all!I have active skype,msn,yahoo messanger so if anybody love to talk to me then they can.

My feelings are very encouraging and my faith are strong in doing what is RIGHT!

I am proud of you Dianne, what a great example! I must admit I didnt actually miss you as I hadnt been on there much myself lately. I mostly keep contact with travelling and other distant friends and go in to say hi to people every so often.

Its a useful tool but like any tool it has to be used with care....

Love to see all your comments on here tho.

Nothing bad can last forever!

I am proud of you Dianne, what a great example! I must admit I didnt actually miss you as I hadnt been on there much myself lately. I mostly keep contact with travelling and other distant friends and go in to say hi to people every so often.

Its a useful tool but like any tool it has to be used with care....

Love to see all your comments on here tho.

hi ruth! good to hear from you! i LOL when i read you hadn't mssed me! i knew what you meant, tho. i hope all is well down under. the flooding has been awful, we hear. has it affected your area at all?

hi ruth! good to hear from you! i LOL when i read you hadn't mssed me! i knew what you meant, tho. i hope all is well down under. the flooding has been awful, we hear. has it affected your area at all?

LOL I see how it looked now! But I didnt miss you only because I see you on here!!!!

I have never had any trouble with fb with any niggly squabbles coming to light like some mention, I just have nice people on there plus some family, but it IS a terrible time waster and would rather go straight to some interesting threads as we find here.

Re the floods, I live in the south of South Australia, at the mouth of the river Murray, which flows extensively throughout the country and the water is coming down toward us, but at this point I dont think we will flood. All the same, its time to review our flee bags, and we are having a local needs part on it at the next opportunity.

Nothing bad can last forever!

I have thought about doing this numerous times, just can't bring myself too. My husband and I live in a different state from our families, and FB is so much more convenient to keep in touch then having to make phone calls. I love posting stuff about our kids too so the family knows what is going on. We post vids of their talks and pics of them. I do need to spend less time on FB and I really, really need to work on that.

We did get rid of our satellite tv, and that has been surprisingly easier then I thought. I miss tv, but it's been almost 2 months and we are doing ok. I am studying more and reading bible more which is nice. I also have more time to do a thorough study for the meetings then before where I tended to rush it. Now I have time to actually read every scripture and think on it.

Congrats though.

LOL I see how it looked now! But I didnt miss you only because I see you on here!!!!

I have never had any trouble with fb with any niggly squabbles coming to light like some mention, I just have nice people on there plus some family, but it IS a terrible time waster and would rather go straight to some interesting threads as we find here.

Re the floods, I live in the south of South Australia, at the mouth of the river Murray, which flows extensively throughout the country and the water is coming down toward us, but at this point I dont think we will flood. All the same, its time to review our flee bags, and we are having a local needs part on it at the next opportunity.

how frightening! please keep us posted! i worry about our brothers in so many parts of the world. please know you are all in our prayers, both personally and in our congregations!!!

and i know what you meant about not missing me! i was being silly :clown:

ha - congratulations!!

I've firmly refused to have anything to do with social networking sites and don't regret it. (I still spend far to much time online though and am trying to cut down...). Anything that steals our time should be handled with care...

well done!

Facebook is fine, says Pope Benedict, but real faces are better

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2011/0125/Facebook-is-fine-says-Pope-Benedict-but-real-faces-are-better

I thought you'd get a kick out of this.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

He has a hard time finding someone drive his bullet proof vehicle in the territory.:devil2: I suppose if I was behind some of the things he has been I would be afraid of someone shooting me also.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

He should preach from door to door... :shifty: THAT is "real faces".

Have you seen that article about how his cousin is a Witness and he admits that they(catholics) should go door to door?

He said something like 'you people must be doing something right, people are going into your buildings, but out of ours'..not a quote, its been a while since I've seen that article....

Have you seen that article about how his cousin is a Witness and he admits that they(catholics) should go door to door?

He said something like 'you people must be doing something right, people are going into your buildings, but out of ours'..not a quote, its been a while since I've seen that article....

Do you mean this one?

http://www.noticiasteocraticas.org/pope-remembers-steffie/

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I must admit I'm spending less and less time on there, and have I died? NO. I have logged into my account twice in about 2 weeks. Got better things to do with my time...Ministry and Study!

quotes

"For I dipt into the future, far as the human eye could see; Saw a vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be" Alfred Tennyson

My wife and I decided to end our Facebook accounts once and for all!!! today will begin day one... I have heard of these terrible Facebook withdrawals. From my understanding they can be as powerful as heroin withdrawals. GRR!!! But hey, least I have more time to study with my wife and kids, personal study... I can start on my yearly goal that I have mentiond before. I actually feel a LOT happier!!! Like a HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders!!!

:rockon::punk::rockon:

My wife and I decided to end our Facebook accounts once and for all!!! today will begin day one... I have heard of these terrible Facebook withdrawals. From my understanding they can be as powerful as heroin withdrawals. GRR!!! But hey, least I have more time to study with my wife and kids, personal study... I can start on my yearly goal that I have mentiond before. I actually feel a LOT happier!!! Like a HUGE weight has been lifted off of my shoulders!!!

:rockon::punk::rockon:

you can do it! it has been week 4 for me!! i love this forum and it fills in the 'void'!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!:sweat: