JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library 2013 available?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3687 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Glad it worked out for you! I would recommend upgrading to Windows 7 as it is a much more stable system then Windows 8 at this time anyway, maybe after a few service packs Windows 8 will stop being so buggy, Even Vista, if it has had all the updates is a pretty good system. i have it on one of my five systems and it does well. 

I have XP and it works just fine - but support, and upgrades, are about to be discontinued.

I have the library on mine. Also have it on my daughters .... even though hers is Windows 8 - she hates that "desktop" they introduced and uses the more "classic" view.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

I got some friends at Bethel; one of them is working in Computers Department..  so he gave me  :cool:

So i think this why i have it quickly...

waiting to receive from congregation will take more time....

Well, probably asking a question here that has been answered before but cannot find answer, so your patience is required. . .

I installed 2013 Watchtower Library on my pc, just like I do every year, and all is well.

I enrolled at Meekspace, but cannot find the program that I need to get the Library up and running on my iPad. I'm fairly tech literate (for an old lady) but could use some specific instructions.

Please and thank you!

‘So keep yourselves in expectation of me,’ declares Jehovah. (Zephaniah 3:8)

At Meekspace they have excellent instructions fro this. The software you need is called iSilo. Do you have that already?

EDIT - if you do - try this thread at Meekspace -> http://www.meekspace.org/index.php?do=/forum/thread/13/requesting-files/

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

No, I don't have iSilo. Off for Service Merting now. Will download iSilo this evening. Will ask for more help at that time, if required. Thank you for prompt response.

‘So keep yourselves in expectation of me,’ declares Jehovah. (Zephaniah 3:8)

As I find the isilo software very clumsy, and I think others think that to, I would like to ask if anyone know the brothers that prepare the wtlib pdb file personaly. My aim was to pass the suggestion that maybe they can create the database into another format instead of isilo.

I think choosing isilo, since the windows mobile days (I can recall a 10 yrs span of producing those files)

Was due mainly to these factors:

Security of database format against reverse engineer

High level of compression (the sd cards of the time started on 128mb)

Speed of data access

We now have high clocked mobile devices, huge memory cards, secure solutions and also free.

Could it be possible to use the raw files of wtlib to produce a database compatible with an app with a much better UI

Don't get me wrong, I highly appreciate the work done by these brothers and file as is is great. I'm just complaining about isili because it stopped in time and has nothing to do with modern apps standards...

I have spoken to one in the group that puts these together and it has taken them YEARS to come up with a algorithm that pulls that data from the CD and puts it into that format.

They are not interested in putting this into any other format. Every year they wait and get permission from the branch to put it into this format and they are all looking forward to no longer doing it! They are very hopeful that the new app from the branch will soon replace it.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

The brothers that convert the Library to isilo (pdb) are a group in Switzerland. Since the material is copyrighted, they must get permission from the branch to do the conversion each year and pdb is the ONLY format the branch will approve and give their permission to. The project started back when PDA devices were the most popular mobile devices available. I think the branch will stop giving permission for the conversion as they improve and expand the "JW Library" app. 

Jerry beat me again!  :angry:

Edited by Musky