JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Android EPub Reader help

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3622 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You know ezPDF? I have it on my iPad and do fine, but on my Nexus I am very frustrated. I bought the pro version but the Pen doesn't write, I can change color but it makes no marks, same with the highlighter, I change colors but the marker has a "?" on it and nothing happens. The other ones that work with long press or the icons will work, but only with the selecting text and it automatically puts it in. I can't change the color of either of them. I have deleted and reinstalled, I have deleted the books and reinstalled...nada! I can't see anyway to reformat anything. Like on my iPad it makes an annotating copy. Annoying but workable once I worked with it. But I can't see anything here to do that, and the automatic marking works so that throws me off.

If you know anything about this I would so appreciate your help.

Does the top of your app look like this?

Posted Image

If not try to change the settings... Try several options and see the result

Click the 3dot on the right, then the 3dot on the bottom, then "settings"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are lots of options to tweak.... It would be better if you could show some pics of your screen as I didn't understood very well the issue

As for the saving an anotation copy you should just ignore the warning and answer "no". If you choose yes it will make a copy and preserve the original, answering no will overwrite the original

@jayrtom I guess it's hard to see that. The 3rd picture, the highlighter pen has a "?" on it. Neither pen nor marker works.

Mine works, did you pressed the color button? You have to choose a color first

Posted Image

It's true that, in the case of the #2, the question mark is still there, but works good

Posted Image

Posted Image

So... I just can think of any incompatibility app/tablet.. Do you have the app updated? Sorry I don't know how to give further help...

Thanks, I just thought maybe you knew something or had a similar problem. I will keep searching. In the meantime, I am working with RepliGo Reader, maybe once I get that done I won't worry about ezPDF.

Thanks for trying.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this topic with interest. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2o14 and I have purchased the paid version of Moon+    

Reader, Before this I downloaded the PDF versions of the society's literature and find it to be very good with one flaw. The flaw being I

could NOT bring up cited scriptures.

I have found Moon+Reader to be a nightmare iy has been very unstable and jumps from one publication to another. 

I would appreciate any suggestions thjat would help me to get it running better. I am unable to find any detailed instructions on setting 

the program up

I have found the ibook reader used on ipads  to be flawless but I do not wish to replace my Tablet as I feel that in all other respects the                            Galaxy  Tablets is superior.

Hi Everyone,

I have been following this topic with interest. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2o14 and I have purchased the paid version of Moon+    

Reader, Before this I downloaded the PDF versions of the society's literature and find it to be very good with one flaw. The flaw being I

I have found Moon+Reader to be a nightmare iy has been very unstable and jumps from one publication to another. 

I would appreciate any suggestions thjat would help me to get it running better. I am unable to find any detailed instructions on setting 

the program up

I have found the ibook reader used on ipads  to be flawless but I do not wish to replace my Tablet as I feel that in all other respects the                            Galaxy  Tablets is superior.

Here is a video on setting up Moon Reader. What do you mean by "jumping from one page to another"? I have a Samsung Note 10.1 2014 as well and it performs flawlessly. If you provide details im sure I can help.

Hi Everyone,

the program up

I have found the ibook reader used on ipads to be flawless but I do not wish to replace my Tablet as I feel that in all other respects the Galaxy Tablets is superior.

The pop-up feature or the cited scriptures with a link only works with epub, not pdf.... I'm sure you couldn't do that in an ipad either ;)

Have you tried the epub files? For pdf I would recomend ezpdf (with the note stylus, even more) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=udk.android.reader

Moon reader is overall the best in my opinion also. But it has some annoying problems displaying images (at least for me in the Portuguese versions)

Try looking in the current study article, between paragraphs 13 and 15 and look how the two programs display the images... In my opinion it's much better on the Gitden (near the look of the pdf)

On moon reader I seldom have to slide 2 to 3 times the page in order to pass by the images...and sometimes I can't do it (have to go to the next chapter and slide back to the desired paragraph)

additionally moon reader always puts the images bellow the paragraphs overriding the original position (sometimes side by side the text, as the example above)

Gitden

8aba5e3y.jpg

Moon reader - Several slides

arygyhe3.jpgjy2evasu.jpgaqy5ysah.jpg

Edited by jayrtom

How do you have your paging set? I like the scroll paging much better than side swiping. With Moon reader I don't have the problem with pictures that you are relating.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

How do you have your paging set? I like the scroll paging much better than side swiping. With Moon reader I don't have the problem with pictures that you are relating.

Sideways... Maybe because I like to see the page turning realistically...:) Didn't try the vertical scrolling though

But I guess the image placing is the same, isn't it?

Sideways... Maybe because I like to see the page turning realistically... :) Didn't try the vertical scrolling though

But I guess the image placing is the same, isn't it?

Not really! The Images are in the same place in the print but I didn't like having to use the up and down arrows to line up the paragraphs and pictures every time I turn a page. Scrolling is a lot easier for me as i like to see the questions along with the paragraph without having to do do a lot of adjusting.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I also don't have image problems with Montano. They fit fine and one tap on them enlarges them to full screen and a second tap puts them back where they were, embedded in the article. 

I too like scrolling. In the page turning mode I often have the question & paragraph on different pages. In the scroll mode it's all on the same page. Of course, that's because I'm using my Galaxy Note & limited reading area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Due to the size I have my type I use the scrolling, since a whole "page" does not always fit on a single screen. I have mine set to scroll up/down with a side tap doing a "page up/down" but I do not have the bottom/top tap turned on ... gets in the way when I am reading from the platform. (I use MR+)

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~