JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thermography or Mamography

The article I read is here but there are more sources of information listed below the article. 

http://www.naturalnews.com/043960_thermograms_breast_cancer_mammograms.html

Considering how unnatural a mamogram is in procedure and in the use of unhealthy x-ray I'm happy to see this article, which I completely agree with. Excerpt:

Dr. Russell Blaylock, an oncologist, brain surgeon and neuroscientist, endorsed thermography. "Thermogram is also good because we know tumors are hot and benign lesions tend to be cool." He, too, criticized mammograms.

While thermography sounds rather new and unconventional, progressive physicians in Europe and the United States have actually already been using this technology since 1962. Once more women demand other screening protocols, the availability of techniques such as thermography should slowly increase.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Mammograms are horrid, and they also don't always give accurate details, this is why a biopsy is more effective.  Squamous cell carcinomas (SCC) aren't often caught by Mammograms either, while rare (0.1%) it is quite aggressive.  

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14659329

SCC On MR, it presented as a mainly non-enhancing, partially cystic mass with an enhancing irregular peripheral rim.

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/23/31/7827.long 

Yay for thermography!

I have not gotten a mammogram for at least 15 years. I hope I just had a lousy tech because that was truly painful!! I had a large cyst removed and also elected to have a breast reduction at the same time. Due to the extreme size of the cyst the doctor placed an implant so as not to be lopsided for lack of a better term. Anyway I was suppose to have this procedure/mammogram done at least every two years. When they place your breast in that contraption then smash and moosh it down then stretch it out into the next room- I was completely in tears. I was concerned that the implant would explode with such treatment. I just won't do another one. Maybe with this and the possibility of insurance I will try it again.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

We need to insist on Thermography! I'm looking for a local physician who does this. 

Mamagram's have always defied logic, in my mind. And in the minds of healers who opt for natural methods too. The reason it is so popular is Big Pharma and $$$. 

Barbaric treatment that's not even very effective.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 3 years later...
On 2/18/2014 at 10:53 AM, LeslieDean said:

Could you even imagine doing this procedure to check for testicular cancer???

:eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 2/18/2014 at 4:03 PM, ava said:

Lol, I don't think the men could handle it!!!!

I'd sound like Mickey Mouse on Helium...:scared:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My hat is off to our wives. They under go so much pain and indignity compared to us macho(?) guys. But they are still there to hold our hand when we get a splinter!  :crush:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Lol, I don't think the men could handle it!!!!

I agree on the mammograms, they are awful!!!!

I think they could handle it, but not willingly. Women gladly give birth more than once. But would men take a kick to the groin area more than once? Not really. Once you've experienced that, you've experienced real pain.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

My girlfriend confided in me after her first mammogram the following 'You know, Leslie, I use to think I was always flat chested, but they were able to take my breast and smash it on that cold metal plate then put that other metal vice on top of it and stretch it clear out to another room!  It was so painful!' :(

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Mine was ok.  I expected some discomfort/pain.  Our breast clinics are staffed by very kind nurses/technicians.  I had not heard of thermography, but will ask next time.  Of course it will not be free, as mammograms are free when you're over 50.  Ah the perks.....

I have to confess I haven't had one for 10 years.  They finally caught up with me and I got an sms from them about 4 months ago suggesting they hadn't got my current details and to contact them with my latest info. I keep forgetting to ring them. Freudian, do you think? :uhhuh:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

I've only had one, years ago, and I only did it because I was threatened to have my insurance discontinued for not getting it. Barbarians. (must be my new word, using it a lot lately)

Edited by bagwell1987

I have read that the scan using heat is not as effective as the  usual mammogram ..,..asked my NP Dr and he agreed , though it is safer it's not as good of detecting as one would think .  The mass has to be quit large for heat to detect but the original can detect a lump in its infancy.  Our  medical pays for them here in Canada we get letters in the mail to remind us when our next MG is due. 

I also have my Dr pushing flu and  Pneumonia shots ( paid for by the govt) I have refused . My Dr is not very happy  about my refusal.