JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NUESTRO PUEBLO EN IMAGENES (our people in images)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3637 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Friday, April 4

The king of Babylon came to Jerusalem and proceeded to lay siege to it.—Dan. 1:1.

Jehovah allowed the Babylonians to overthrow Jerusalem and to take his people into captivity. (2 Ki. 20:16-18) He foretold that the line of human kings who were said to sit on “Jehovah’s throne” in Jerusalem would be removed. (1 Chron. 29:23) However, Jehovah also promised that a descendant of King David, one who had “the legal right,” would come and reclaim that authority. (Ezek. 21:25-27) Another prophecy indicated that the Jews would still be worshipping at the temple in Jerusalem when the promised Messiah, or Anointed One, arrived. (Dan. 9:24-27) An earlier prophecy, written before Israel was taken captive to Babylon, stated that this person would be born in Bethlehem. (Mic. 5:2) If those prophecies were to be fulfilled, the Jews would have to be liberated from captivity, return to their homeland, and rebuild the temple. w12 6/15 1:9-11

1560456_630587243682766_294019211_n.jpg

Saturday, April 5

He who peers into the perfect law that belongs to freedom and who persists in it . . . will be happy in his doing it.—Jas. 1:25.

The original Greek word translated “peers” means “to stoop to look into,” which implies concentrated effort. Yes, if we want the law of freedom to affect our mind and heart, we must do our part by diligently studying the Bible and prayerfully meditating on what we read. (1 Tim. 4:15) At the same time, we must ‘persist,’ or endure, in applying God’s Word, thus making the truth our way of life. Jesus expressed a similar thought when he said to some who believed in him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31, 32) We “know” the truth in the fullest sense when we make it our way of life. Then we can rightly say that “the word of God” is “at work” in us, molding our personality so that we more closely reflect our heavenly Father.—1 Thess. 2:13. w12 7/15 1:10, 11

Saturday, April 5

11864_547266088705875_122125515557234295

Sunday, April 6

Happy are the eyes that behold the things you are beholding.—Luke 10:23.

In April 1881, a call for 1,000 preachers was issued in the Watch Tower. That call showed that the Bible Students recognized that an essential work of true Christians is to preach the good news. But the call for 1,000 full-time preachers was optimistic, since only a few hundred attended the meetings of the Bible Students at that time. After reading a tract or a magazine, however, many people recognized the ring of truth and readily responded to the call. For example, after reading an issue of the Watch Tower and a booklet published by the Bible Students, in 1882 a reader from London, England, wrote: “Please instruct me how and what to preach so as to accomplish the blessed work God wishes done.” By 1885, about 300 Bible Students were sharing in the colporteur service. Those full-time ministers had the same objective as we do today—that of making disciples of Jesus Christ. w12 8/15 1:8-11

1001948_631548043586686_1002774596080910

Monday, April 7

You will be bound to come up against my people.—Ezek. 38:16.

Knowing in advance about this attack on God’s people does not make us overly anxious. Rather, our main concern is, not our own salvation, but the sanctification of Jehovah’s name and the vindication of his sovereignty. In fact, Jehovah declared more than 60 times: “You will have to know that I am Jehovah.” (Ezek. 6:7; see footnote.) Hence, we look forward with intense interest to the fulfillment of that outstanding aspect of Ezekiel’s prophecy, trusting that “Jehovah knows how to deliver people of godly devotion out of trial.” (2 Pet. 2:9) Meanwhile, we want to use every opportunity to strengthen our faith so that we will be able to keep our integrity to Jehovah no matter what tests we may face. What should we do? We should pray, study God’s Word and meditate on it, and share the Kingdom message with others. By doing so, we keep our hope of everlasting life firm, like “an anchor.”—Heb. 6:19; Ps. 25:21. w12 9/15 1:8, 9

10155184_548183511947466_639685978340410

!Hola Mi hermano es realmente el texto Diario cobren vida. Me encanta este foro y sobre todo ver las fotos!

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Tuesday, April 8

God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred, because on it he has been resting from all his work that God has created for the purpose of making.—Gen. 2:3.

After God’s rest day began, disaster struck. Satan, an angelic son of God, set himself up as a rival god. He told the first lie and deceived Eve so that she disobeyed Jehovah. (1 Tim. 2:14) Eve, in turn, got her husband to join the rebellion. (Gen. 3:1-6) Even at that low point in universal history when God’s truthfulness was being called into question, Jehovah did not see the need to confirm with an oath that his purpose would still come true. Instead, in words that would be understood in God’s due time, he simply stated how the rebellion would be crushed: “I shall put enmity between you [satan] and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He [the promised Seed] will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”—Gen. 3:15; Rev. 12:9. w12 10/15 3:2, 3

1604836_632393026835521_4410417900161570

ITALY

195981_347943981947095_747143108_n.jpg

Brother Gutierrez,

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy all your pictures of the brothers and sisters all over the world...it brings tears to my eyes to be reminded of the brotherhood we all belong to...in reality, we are never really alone...we are all united in our worship to Jehovah...Thank you so much for your efforts on our behalf!

Wednesday, April 9

Make known to me the way in which I should walk.—Ps. 143:8.

We may face a challenging situation in which our associates try to pressure us into following their human reasoning instead of supporting us in doing Jehovah’s will. Some may even encourage us to take action without considering God’s will in connection with a particular matter. (1 Sam. 26:8-11) To stand firm, we need to have clearly in mind Jehovah’s view of the matter and to be determined to stick to his ways. David prayed to Jehovah God: “Teach me to do your will.” (Ps. 143:5, 10) Rather than relying on his own ideas or giving in to another person’s urgings, David was eager to be taught by God. He ‘meditated on all of Jehovah’s activity and willingly kept himself concerned with the work of God’s own hands.’ We ourselves can discern God’s will by delving into the Scriptures and meditating on the many Biblical accounts of Jehovah’s dealings with humans. w12 11/15 1:10, 11

10009306_632828563458634_322800886921523

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)