JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NUESTRO PUEBLO EN IMAGENES (our people in images)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3635 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Monday, March 31

We are fellow workers for your joy.—2 Cor. 1:24.

With that expression, Paul referred to himself and his close associates. Why do we draw that conclusion? Well, in the same letter, Paul reminded the Corinthians of two of these associates when he wrote: “Jesus . . . was preached among you through us, that is, through me and Silvanus and Timothy.” (2 Cor. 1:19) Moreover, whenever Paul used the term “fellow workers” in his letters, it always referred to his close associates, such as Apollos, Aquila, Prisca, Timothy, Titus, and others. (Rom. 16:3, 21; 1 Cor. 3:6-9; 2 Cor. 8:23) Hence, by saying: “We are fellow workers for your joy,” Paul assured the Corinthians that he and his companions wanted to do all they could to promote the joy of all members of the congregation. Today, Christian elders have the same desire. They want to do all they can to help their brothers to “serve Jehovah with rejoicing.”—Ps. 100:2; Phil. 1:25. w13 1/15 5:4

10154390_545340088898475_44992034_n.jpg

Tuesday, April 1

I was making greater progress in Judaism than many of my own age.—Gal. 1:14.

Fluent in Hebrew and Greek, Saul had Roman citizenship, which accorded him much-coveted privileges and rights. Had he chosen to keep pursuing such worldly success, he could likely have gained personal prominence and financial security. Instead, he chose a course that to others—perhaps even to some relatives—seemed to be sheer folly. Why? Paul loved Jehovah and desired his approval more than riches and prominence among men. Gaining an accurate knowledge of the truth, Paul came to value the ransom, the Christian ministry, the hope of life in heaven—things that the world largely ignores. No matter what trials came his way, Paul was determined to be faithful to God, to endure in true worship. That is a goal that is lacking on the world’s agenda for success. Do you share Paul’s determination? w12 12/15 1:10-12

10169260_545741412191676_1316981949_n.jp

Wednesday, April 2

My son, know the God of your father and serve him with a complete heart.—1 Chron. 28:9.

God’s Word often refers in a figurative way to parts of the human body. For instance, the patriarch Job stated: “There is no violence upon my palms.” King Solomon observed: “A report that is good makes the bones fat.” Jehovah assured Ezekiel: “Harder than flint, I have made your forehead.” And the apostle Paul was told: “You are introducing some things that are strange to our ears.” (Job 16:17; Prov. 15:30; Ezek. 3:9; Acts 17:20) One part of the human body, though, is referred to figuratively in the Bible far more often than any other. It is the one mentioned in a prayer by faithful Hannah: “My heart does exult in Jehovah.” (1 Sam. 2:1) In fact, Bible writers mention the heart nearly a thousand times, almost always in a figurative sense. It is of utmost importance that we understand what the heart represents because the Bible states that we need to safeguard it.—Prov. 4:23. w12 4/15 3:1, 2

1011616_546118102154007_569735721_n.jpg

Thursday, April 3

Who has created these things?—Isa. 40:26.

In the physical world, precise timing can be seen on a microscopic as well as on a macroscopic scale. Atoms vibrate at consistent rates. International time-standard clocks regulated by atomic vibrations are accurate to 1 second in 80 million years. The movement of planets and stars is also precisely timed. Their predictable positions in the sky have been used to mark the seasons and to navigate. Jehovah—the Maker of these reliable “timepieces”—is indeed “vigorous in power” and deserves our praise. Precise timing can be observed in the world of biology. The life cycles of many plants and animals are regulated by internal clocks. Many birds instinctively know when to begin their migration. (Jer. 8:7) Humans too have internal clocks, usually governed by the 24-hour cycle of day and night. (Ps. 104:24) Yes, the Great Timekeeper is all-wise and all-powerful. w12 5/15 3:3, 4

1981989_630167587058065_1021845656_n.jpg

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)