JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Temple Farm Development

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2410 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.templefarmdevelopment.co.uk/home

Our live/work balance creates a highly sustainable development with a mix of uses...

The purpose of the proposed development is to provide administrative headquarters for Jehovah’s Witnesses in Britain and Ireland. It will be occupied by skilled individuals who will live and work on the site.

The proposed uses will include the following:

• A printery for Bible-based literature;
  • Packing and distribution for national and international destinations;
  • Administrative and Language & Translation offices;
  • Video and sound production studios;
  • Auditorium and training facilities;
  • Building and landscaping maintenance;
  • An energy centre;
  • One and two bedroom apartments accommodating up to 1200 residents and visitors;
  • Residential services including catering and laundry facilities;
  • Health and aged care facilities;
  • Recreational facilities;
  • A visitor Centre.

lg_proposal_part2_lg.png

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Was it called Temple Farm beforehand,  or is it something we named it?  Perhaps we could call it Jehovah's Temple Farm.

From the various news reports - it has been Temple farm for a long time.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

• 2 years later...
On 6 September 2016 at 9:03 PM, Shines said:

I've peen interested to see the floor plans for this project, has anyone seen any?

Try here:- http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/templefarm

Follow the links in the top right Phase 1 and 2 seem to contain a lot of planning and construction plans.

I don't really understand most of the plans, there is a website that you can access when you start working at Chelmsford which contains all the plans and construction documents to do with the whole project. 

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

9 hours ago, marcusth said:

Is anyone here planning to go to any of the regional events over the next few months?

Although I am already working at Chelmsford one long weekend a month, I will be going to the Bristol event when we get the dates.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

We have a meeting in October on-site at Chelmsford. 

Question.  If a brother can only commit to doing odd days here and there, can he still do it? Should he still attend the meeting about it?  And by he, I mean me.

Yes please! I was talking to a brother today who is one of the organizers & he said they are in desperate need of many volunteers even if you can do one only odd days.....

It does the mention the regional events and encourages us to attend the event, and to submit our applications NOW!

I'm sure that your participation would be greatly appreciated even if you could just work a day or two.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

On 21 September 2016 at 7:26 PM, Jonathan77 said:

We have a meeting in October on-site at Chelmsford. 

Question.  If a brother can only commit to doing odd days here and there, can he still do it? Should he still attend the meeting about it?  And by he, I mean me.

They are looking for brothers to do night security now if your interested? If you email them through builder assistant and let them know your available on an odd day  or two here and there then they will get back to you. That's if you want to start ASAP helping out.

There is a meeting tomorrow at a London assembly hall for potential volunteers to attend and a program issued to those who registered....

"Thank you for registering to attend a Branch Relocation Regional Event. We are looking forward to meeting you at this informative and encouraging event, to be presented by members of the Construction Project Committee, Branch Committee and the Local Design Construction Department."

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."