JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Temple Farm Development

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2438 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

A website was setup to enable registration. The elders give this out to interested publishers to register their interest.

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

Went to the event today.  It was held on site at Chelmsford, so great seeing the site first hand.  They explained all the work that needs doing, how it will all work with planning and invites etc.  Very good.  440 attended today, and about the same yesterday.   Date for completed build is March 2020.

Having heard the audio but not seen the video on Tuesday I would appreciate it if anyone has any pictures of recent activity.

:)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

5 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Went to the event today.  It was held on site at Chelmsford, so great seeing the site first hand.  They explained all the work that needs doing, how it will all work with planning and invites etc.  Very good.  440 attended today, and about the same yesterday.   Date for completed build is March 2020.

Thanksfor the update.  I got a A19 form at my meeting last week but in two minds whether to complete it before my regional event or afterwards.

Also, how were the 1 on 1 discussions arranged?

I was surprised to see on the website that it said "International Bible Students Association (IBSA) is the name of the charity which manages  Jehovah's witnesses printing, literature distribution and related administrative functions." I didn't know we still used that name for stuff.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I was surprised to see on the website that it said "International Bible Students Association (IBSA) is the name of the charity which manages  Jehovah's witnesses printing, literature distribution and related administrative functions." I didn't know we still used that name for stuff.

That is the name of one of the legal entities used in the U.K. It is quite old. We still use Bible and Tract Society in some names even though we do not primarily produce tracts anymore. We also use Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses for some purposes.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 hours ago, marcusth said:

Thanks for the update.  I got a A19 form at my meeting last week but in two minds whether to complete it before my regional event or afterwards.

Also, how were the 1 on 1 discussions arranged?

They do want the applications in as soon as pos.  At the event, they ask to make sure that the form is filled in completely and honestly.  Service committee should review the form to make sure it is.  A incomplete form will result in delays.   You may want to wait if you have questions with regard to the form.  Spiritually is empathized over skill.  The service committee has to fill in a part of the form as well.  No point in submitting a form for someone who is not spiritually qualified.  Rather, direction is to help him became qualified, then submitted the form.

The 1 on 1 - there were tables around for the various trades, with 2 or 3 brothers, so you discuss afterward with them any questions.

I went to one of the meetings like that back when Warwick had just gotten started. They used a Hall that was within travel distance of about 3 Circuits and had plenty of parking - one way out in the country in a small town that you would not generally end up in unless you were heading to that town.

This was a meeting for those wh had already qualified through the RBC (as it was called then). They had tables set up all around for the various trades. We were interviewed as to our trades, since all those there had already been approved on the Spiritual side.

I was recently contacted by LDC to update my trades since they need help in some of my areas of "expertice".

If you get the chance to help at Temple Farm - DON'T MISS IT!

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

They mentioned Warwick, and how these events are copying what happened with the Warwick build.  It worked there, and hopefully will do the same with Britain's new bethel.

Shipping of literature has now moved to the Germany branch.  I think most know that.  But now, it could be that printing may also be moved.  The new branch may, or may not have a printery.  Still waiting for a final decision.  Magazines have been printed here for many decades, and are printed and shipped to many countries.  That could all change with the new branch.

On 09/10/2016 at 3:53 PM, ChrisTheConfused said:

Having heard the audio but not seen the video on Tuesday I would appreciate it if anyone has any pictures of recent activity.

The best thing to do is ask one of your Elders if you could watch the video. They might be able to let you watch it on their tablet or something.  I worked with an elder over the weekend who replayed the video a few times for us to look at.

I asked my shift captain about photos/Instagram/social media and taking photos and posting updates and was told it is not advised and best to let photos of site work come through the proper channels. Okay to take photos for personal reasons but in the interest of security/privacy and health and safety best not to post those photos on the internet. Especially if like me you are part of the security team.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

On 10 October 2016 at 8:22 PM, Jonathan77 said:

They mentioned Warwick, and how these events are copying what happened with the Warwick build.  It worked there, and hopefully will do the same with Britain's new bethel.

Shipping of literature has now moved to the Germany branch.  I think most know that.  But now, it could be that printing may also be moved.  The new branch may, or may not have a printery.  Still waiting for a final decision.  Magazines have been printed here for many decades, and are printed and shipped to many countries.  That could all change with the new branch.

I thought printing was already shifting to Germany?  I was speaking with a brother from Bethel just a couple of weeks ago about this. 

• 7 months later...

Just visited the new Branch relocation site in Essex. We had the most uplifting experience you can imagine.

The visitor centre is brilliant with videos and a scale model, please book your visit and see from the viewing platform the residents buildings in rapid progress. Some 300 volunteers are working there every day. Please visit soon if you can, you can really see Jehovah's spirit in action.  Here is a visitor postcard because we are asked not to share personal photos on social media.

592702371aeb6_TFarmBethel.thumb.jpg.fb842464dc60a9a279ec4cead1d3ebaa.jpg

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 2 months later...

My notes from last night’s meeting:

“Letter

Temple farm visitor centre.

Bookings must be made by baptised publishers.”

I am surprised that there is a visitor’s centre at a construction site. I assume it is away from work areas?

When is it planned to be completed?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

12 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

My notes from last night’s meeting:

“Letter

Temple farm visitor centre.

Bookings must be made by baptised publishers.”

I am surprised that there is a visitor’s centre at a construction site. I assume it is away from work areas?

When is it planned to be completed?

Well the visitors Centre is situated on a non-construction area of the site & there's even a small pic-nic area! 

Then you are driven up to the 'viewing deck' area where you can see the whole development....

its amazing & everyone should go if they can. :-)

oh & it's estimated to be completed by Dec 2019.....

Edited by Jothob

Forgot to add information on completion!