JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I want a tablet but am kinda confused on which one to buy. Someone recommended google nexus 7( 2013 version) but i am not sure about the screen size whether it will be easy to use for meetings and study. My budget is around $250. What do you suggest?

I use that device, and functionally it does everything I need.

I personally wouldn't want a much larger size, since this is very convenient for me.

I have used the iPad mini and that to me is actually the perfect size, and in my view is slightly easier to use.

If you go for android, one advantage of a Nexus device is that it receives Android updates very quickly. Non-Nexus devices may not get any updates at all.

For me, I'm very pleased with mine and use it every single day.

I love my Note 8.0..it is an awesome 8" tablet and also has an app dreawe on the side as a tab..you can select 2 apps and place them side by side..like moon reader on one side and the music player on the other side! We select the Draw close book and the reading of it for Family Worship..a friend bought a refurbished one for $225 online..and right now they are on sale new for $299..The screen is as easy to see as the one on my husband's Tab 2...also you have the extra benefit of the S Pen!post-2322-0-11194600-1400679981.jpegpost-2322-0-72726300-1400680003.jpeg

Also..Big Lots has a case that will fit the small iPad and an 8" Samsung tablet for $8

Edited by SUNRAY

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I have a 10" TMAX tablet made by Apex and sold as SAM'S Club for under $100 - it is a bit limited in memory but I have found it does everything I need, especially for meetings.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Does anyone here use samsung galaxy note 10.1 (2014)? How is it?

Our family uses 3 of them that we got off Groupons (refurbished.) We like them a lot and they are among the best that I have seen. They are the 2013 model however.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I have 1 Asus TF 200 prime with keyboard and 1 Asus Memo 10 in and 1 Nexus 7 by Asus and Grumpy has a 10 in Acer. All but the TF were referb's and the only one I have had any problems with is the TF.

I really like the Nexus 7 for service. The rest I use for meetings.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Does anyone here use samsung galaxy note 10.1 (2014)? How is it?

My daughter has this one and is in love with it.

My husband just got the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, but that is pretty pricey.  Nice though.

Does it use SIM??

There are both versions but I supose it's better you stick with the wifi version and use a phone has an hotspot, or even a dedicated portable hotspot that I allways carry with me, the size of a credit card (but thicker)

It's a lot cheaper than the difference from the sim version to the wifi version

Mine are all wifi only too. Whatever you get, just make sure it has a long lasting battery, at least 6 to 8 hrs. Anything less won't last for the whole day at convention and if you record then for sure it won't last. Ebay, Amazon, and some of these types of sites have tablets for a couple of hundred and they are names you can trust. The rest I have had no success with. If the battery is OK then they skimp on the wifi connection. Better to put an extra little bit and by a name brand. Refurbished tablets are great.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Funny thing happened today, which was embarrassing to the W T conductor. His tablet was having senior moments. Then the W T reader had to ask him to read a scripture, cause his wasn't responding!  

I read a scripture and had not turned wifi off. While reading, i received several "pushes" from email because of of the ipad. My brother next to looked at me like i was crazy while i kept dismissing the alerts.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk