JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Religious but not spiritual

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3617 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Never understood how people said they could be like that. Spiritual but not religous. What a pile of Bunk.

So much of what we encounter in our ministry is bunk. My curiosity lies along the line of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Somehow we are to see the U.N. turn against the world empire of false religion while the world's inhabitants allow it. An amazing thing that will not fail to occur.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Unless I'm missing something, this just seems to be the new 'politically correct' term for agnostic, someone who believes in the possibility of god but not necessarily religion.

In my experience, these people aren't against worship itself, but the pomp and hypocrisy of the clergy, which fits right in with Jesus true message.

So much of what we encounter in our ministry is bunk. My curiosity lies along the line of the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Somehow we are to see the U.N. turn against the world empire of false religion while the world's inhabitants allow it. An amazing thing that will not fail to occur.

Tony, I know the situation is different in America, but in most of Western Europe the UNO could destroy religion tomorrow and very few voices would raise against it. Most people here are indifferent to religion and they consider churches just some hypocrites avid of money and power. More or less what they are. "Christian" religion is dying down here.

Besides, before the destruction we possibly expect a campaing of discredit against religion, bringing to light their dirty secrets. Everybody will see what they really are, and Babylon's waters will become dry.

Tony, I know the situation is different in America, but in most of Western Europe the UNO could destroy religion tomorrow and very few voices would raise against it. Most people here are indifferent to religion and they consider churches just some hypocrites avid of money and power. More or less what they are. "Christian" religion is dying down here.

Besides, before the destruction we possibly expect a campaing of discredit against religion, bringing to light their dirty secrets. Everybody will see what they really are, and Babylon's waters will become dry.

Yes, this entire continent is deeply devoted to their flavor of religion. But as you say, that is the Christendom aspect. We've yet to see the Buddhist & Islamic flavors under assault. Thank you for the enlightenment.

I too am tired of hearing the line "I am spiritual but not religious." It seems over done. But if it signifies peoples growing detachment from organized religion then good!

Interesting that the author of the article is a Quaker. I dont think I have ever spoken with one before.

I look at the situation that is happening, twice now, with the Catholic Church going before the UN as being a major action against BTG. The UN has definitely brought out disgusting actions of her and made her look worse. And the big thing that these two separate committees decision did is make it possible for court actions against the harlot, depleting her of her wealth or fleshy parts. There have been locations where the settlements from subsequent court decisions have caused her to claim bankruptcy. There have also been many other religions spoken of in offensive manor such as the baptist for protesting at funerals and other events.

The one thing I wonder about is whether the cry for peace and security is the consecutive cries society has explained as a possibility or if it will be one huge claim or pronouncement, such as this trip to the holy land by the pope. Just waiting to see it work out.

Forgive, please.

1 Thes 5:3, "Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman and they will by no means escape." A minor distinction, to be sure, but one the branch has brought to our attention. If we are looking for the cry we may miss our target as they only need to be "saying' peace & security".

Regarding the thread title -- wouldn't it be "spiritual but not religious"?  I've never heard of anyone who is religious without being spiritual.  Or maybe I'm misunderstanding....

Regarding the thread title -- wouldn't it be "spiritual but not religious"? I've never heard of anyone who is religious without being spiritual. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding....

That was the point of the link article. "Spiritual but not religious" was one of the options the author had but it just didn't fit him/her. Of note was the discovery of another type of church goer. The one that didn't really care about God but was doing it for the social aspect of it.

In truth, there are some in our midst. How many youngsters or mates go to meetings because of family? "Make The Truth Your Own" is all about that, when one thinks about it.

Qwerky truth always grabs my attention. Lol.

I have heard it before. I had to try to keep from laughing. Sounds so stupid when someone says it to your face.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Forgive, please.

1 Thes 5:3, "Whenever it is that they are saying: “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman and they will by no means escape." A minor distinction, to be sure, but one the branch has brought to our attention. If we are looking for the cry we may miss our target as they only need to be "saying' peace & security".

That is a point I keep remembering.

However the instant destruction part may give us a huge clue when it has happened. :)

adjective:
instant
happening or coming immediately.

In my recent reading, I believe a recent WT, it defined the word, religion, as "service", from the old Hebrew language. This might be put into question form, as a way to pique the householder's interest, right? That is our goal, to really open their mind instead of closing the door to it. Jehovah can tell whose heart is open, and can impel them to listen.

He did impel my non-believing daughter to pay me more than double what I expected, so as to ease my mind about financing the international convention trip!  ^_^

If you review the news about the different religions, and how soiled their"skirts" are, you get a real eye opener as to how close the end is.

Almost choked whem I read that the Pope asked the U N, to not call child sexual abuse torture! That has to be the supreme form of torture for any munchkin subjected to it!

I have heard personally how a young man was abused, and how it has messed up his mind. Unbelievable acts, not to be even thought of. I have to put the memory, in the box, in the closet every time It tries to escape. I really hate you satan!!!!!!

Only that kind of evil mind could conceive of those happenings, that children put into someone elses care, had to endure.

Forgive me for venting, good people. A sister I am acquainted with has to help her brother thru trying times. I pray that Jehovah will get them both thru to the end.

Don't feel bad, you are not alone. I never knew of these types of acts being done by religious children's homes or while in the care of a priest until a few yrs ago when I was told about a small group that was organized and going around gaining members in Ireland and Canada and it made me so ill I couldn't even read or listen to it because it is torture of innocent babies.

Revelation 18:5 Her sins have amassed clear up to the heavens and Jehovah brings her acts of injustice to mind. So it being brought out is part of prophecy according to this scripture.

That was the point of the link article. "Spiritual but not religious" was one of the options the author had but it just didn't fit him/her. Of note was the discovery of another type of church goer. The one that didn't really care about God but was doing it for the social aspect of it.

In truth, there are some in our midst. How many youngsters or mates go to meetings because of family? "Make The Truth Your Own" is all about that, when one thinks about it.

Qwerky truth always grabs my attention. Lol.

I'm sorry. We are accustomed to hearing about SBNR, Spiritual But Not Religious. The article that is linked is about people that are not spiritual but go to church. They are Religious But Not Spiritual. RBNS. When you think about it most of our territory is inhabited by these. Think about nonpracticing Jews & all the people who go to church for business networking & family ties. They go to services but not with a real connection to God or the truth.

Edited by palmhat

Practice religion but proving false to its power. That sounds about right. Many Catholics profess being Catholic but don't even bother with church any more. Virtually all religions are in declining attendance.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green