JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How I Got Kicked Out Of The Local Supermarket.

Ashley, I know how you feel when people ask questions like that!  I hate it when people tell me that "you got your hair cut", like I didn't know I did and I needed someone to tell me!  Your story was hilarious, it's amazing what goes through your mind after being asked a simple question!  Wish you could beta test that whole story and tell us how it really turned out!  I do feel you could parlayed that into a witness somehow - what a lost opportunity!  (LOL - just kidding! you could of talked about a time when we don't need to eat dog food to keep weight off and BAM! show them the jw.org website!)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Some pet peeves of other people.............cleaned up somewhat. 9 Things I Hate About Everyone

1. People who point at their wrist asking for the time... I know where my watch is pal, where the heck is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?

2. People who are willing to get off their behind to search the entire room for the TV remote because they refuse to walk to the TV and change the channel manually.

3. When people say "Oh you just want to have your cake and eat it too". Damn Right! What good is cake if you can't eat it?

4. When people say "it's always the last place you look". Of course it is. Why the heck would you keep looking after you've found it? Do people do this? Who and where are they?

5. When people say while watching a film, "did ya see that?" No Loser, I paid $12 to come to the cinema and stare at the damn floor!

6. People who ask "Can I ask you a question?"... Didn't give me a choice there, did ya sunshine?

7. When something is 'new and improved'. Which is it? If it's new, then there has never been anything before it. If it's an improvement, then there must have been something before it, couldn't be new.

8. When people say "life is short". What the heck??? Life is the longest damn thing anyone ever does!!! What can you do thats longer?

9. When you are waiting for the bus and someone asks "Has the bus come yet?" If the bus came, would I be standing here???
- Unknown

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Very funny list Vernalee!  But I take exception to #2 - I have no one to change the channels on my t.v. without the remote (that's the way they make them now, especially if they are hooked up to a cable/satellite box).  I sure hope I can remember a few of these for the next time I encounter these types of questions!  Love it!!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D