JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

Enjoying new Android update. For morning worship it makes it easy to screencast to Roku the daily text and then the JW broadcasting videos. SEAMLESS INTEGRATION! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The link to the watchtower article at the foot of the 'daily text' seems to be broken, anyone else have this?

I have a Nexus 7 running Lollipop 5.0.2.

Yes, I have the same problem. Probably another bug for them to fix in a future update.

I've got the same problem. For me it's no big deal in comparison to the other features that was upgraded. I'm sure it'll be dealt with. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

This new ability to download videos from JW Broadcasting could be of great benefit to our brothers who cannot afford internet access.  They could a use tablet at the Kingdom Hall (before or after the meeting), or another place with free access, and download the latest videos to watch later at home.  Might be worth bringing this to the attention of some of our brothers.

I like the new updates ... however, I will continue to do what I have been doing.

• I d/l the videos onto my computer
  • I connect my tablet to the computer
  • I copy the files from the computer to the "external" SD card in my tablet
  • I play the videos from the SD card
  • I do the same thing with the Magazines and KM's

This frees up my tablet memory for things I cannot do this with.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I like the new updates ... however, I will continue to do what I have been doing.

I find it easier to download them to my tablet and use ES File explorer to move them to a folder on my external SD card. It saves the hassle of connecting to the computer, etc. Even "my files" will do the job.

Okay, let's look at this.

(1) There's a problem.

(2) Whenever there is a problem, someone/something has to be blamed.

(3) It is either with the software or the hardware.

(4) If the problem is with the software, then the blame falls on our hard working brothers. I don't see this as an option. I'm just tickled pink that we have this much!

(5) Therefore it is the hardware.

I do the same thing.  Too bad there isn't an option to download to your external drive.

I find it easier to download them to my tablet and use ES File explorer to move them to a folder on my external SD card. It saves the hassle of connecting to the computer, etc. Even "my files" will do the job.

Have to plug it into something to charge it ..... why not do two jobs at once

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

If you have a terminal app, you can also make a symbolic link from the default folder on the internal memory to a dedicated folder on the SD card, so you'll have room for all the files AND retain integration in the JW Library app.

Stavro, which Android terminal app do you recommend? I think ES file explorer has one integrated but I'm not sure and I'm not where my tablet is at the moment.