JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Joan Rivers dies

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3525 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yep ..she was famous for breaking the bounds of propriety .. Not exactly a great epitaph .. Sad really

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

She was awesome. I did love her in Absolutely Fabulous, Good actress,

She wasn't in Absolutely Fabulous - I think you are thinking of the actress that played Patsy Stone?  Her name is Joanna Lumley. 

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Joan Rivers in the early stages of her career was a good comedian!   As time passed, she became more and more vulgar, and supported those condemned in the scriptures (if they don't change their thinking and lifestyles).  So the final curtain to raise may happen in the paradise if Jehovah will's it.  Can you imagine what she would come up with in saying things about Moses?  But it has to be very clean and not mean! 

Early Quotes by Joan Rivers:

On growing up:

- I was so ugly that they sent my picture to Ripley's Believe It or Not and he sent it back and said, "I don't believe it."

an Rivers: Queen of Comedy

- My mother never told me a thing. I asked my mother, "Where am I from? She gave me a fake address in Cleveland."

- I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw that my bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

- I was so flat, I used to put Xs on my chest and write, "You are here."

On home life:

- I hate housework. You make the beds, you do the dishes, and six months later, you have to start all over again.

- I told my mother-in-law that my house was her house, and she said, "Get off my property."

- Grandchildren can be annoying -- how many times can you go: "And the cow goes moo and the pig goes oink"? It's like talking to a supermodel.

I got a waterbed, but my husband stocked it with trout.

- I've had so much plastic surgery, when I die, they will donate my body to Tupperware.

She wasn't in Absolutely Fabulous - I think you are thinking of the actress that played Patsy Stone?  Her name is Joanna Lumley. 

I once stayed up and watched this show, it was a marathon or something on a BBC channel.  Those two characters had me in stitches.  Patsy Stone!  The part where she rolled out of the back seat and on the street (she was stoned by the drinks).   The one where she is in the kitchen and it catches on fire, and the firemen find out that it was Patsy all the time, she sat there with a smoldering cigarette in her mouth at the kitchen table, while her clothes were all burnt up.  Some of that show (early 1990's) was very funny, but as it got more and more ridiculous early 2000's.  I had to stop watching it.  it too became to vulgar for my eyes and ears!

Joan Rivers in the early stages of her career was a good comedian!   As time passed, she became more and more vulgar, and supported those condemned in the scriptures (if they don't change their thinking and lifestyles).  So the final curtain to raise may happen in the paradise if Jehovah will's it.  Can you imagine what she would come up with in saying things about Moses?  But it has to be very clean and not mean! 

You right, she became vulgar. Hope she will change when ressurection comes.

You right, she became vulgar. Hope she will change when ressurection comes.

Oh, she will, or else. She thought a lot of herself! A lot. Will be sort of hard for ones like that. Money and the world at their feet! Guess what. The world will be gone. And the prestige and glitter, too!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Oh, she will, or else. She thought a lot of herself! A lot. Will be sort of hard for ones like that. Money and the world at their feet! Guess what. The world will be gone. And the prestige and glitter, too!

I hope that people like Joan Rivers, and so many other famous ones who have died down through the centuries will be HUMBLED when they are resurrected, and realize it was never about them after all.

Rev 4:11 

Whether she receives a resurrection or not lays in the capable hands of Jehovah and Christ Jesus.

( John 5: 19 - 30 ). And just as the Bible say of all true Christians, it will involve a transformation of her

personality from many of the things noted by others in previous posts, to one in complete harmony

with the scriptures. ( Compare Romans 12: 1- 3 ).

GStorrs46