JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Caleb & Sophia 3D models.

Ah of course. Try out that archipelis demo. You draw around areas of an image and it makes the 3d and textures it from that photograph. Very easy. Just remember to break it down into pieces in your mind. of course as pointed out you would need to paint it manually yourself afterwards.

It's got me thinking that perhaps I might just give it a go if I get some time. Will see.

MWUAH-HA-HA-HA!!!

Things are working out according to my ultimate evil design! (you would get no argument from me if you wanted to take a swing at it.)

I've been watching the Archipelis videos and that does seem like a good solution that I think will work well for me.  Do you know if there's any way to integrate the multiple perspective viewpoints of Caleb that I have into one model?  It seems a shame to have nearly 180° of Caleb's head and shoulders available with no way to interpret them into one model.

caleb-model.gif

Some ancient models from around 2005, 2006. Only came across them when looking through some old forums. (Being careful as I don't recall half of what I did back then but I was out in the world when I started 3D.)

MooseFinalSmall.jpgBloke.jpgHorseClothesSmall.jpg

Ashley, is that you?  :D    ...   how to get a Brother mad at you 101.

Eh???

No way! Lol ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Cool. Cool cool cool.

I'm practically giddy. I think my brain is going to explode. So many yummy tools.  I haven't dug in yet, but I have been trying to visualize the different shapes that make up Caleb's features and how I would put those together.

From what I'm gathering, the images from the video aren't really going to help me at all, except to provide a visual reference.  It's still valuable, since having the reference for 180° is better than not having it. Maybe it will help me tell if I'm getting the model close or not.  Since I'm not animating, I'm hoping it will be more forgiving.

I think I have a plan. Apparently I can load reference images into Blender. At the very least I can insert them for the front side back and top.  But I get the impression that I can insert them along any place within any plane.  If this works the way I hope it works, this should give me some perfect boundaries from which to sculpt.  All I'll need to do is color inside the lines.  I think there is a workaround that will allow me to do something similar with Sculptris.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have a plan. Apparently I can load reference images into Blender. At the very least I can insert them for the front side back and top.  But I get the impression that I can insert them along any place within any plane.  If this works the way I hope it works, this should give me some perfect boundaries from which to sculpt.  All I'll need to do is color inside the lines.  I think there is a workaround that will allow me to do something similar with Sculptris.

So how did your plans go?

I had an hour free earlier and started a sculpt of Calebs head. Its a work in progress. Very early days as and when I have time.

Mike