JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Australian Cafe Overtaken by ISSI

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3439 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My husband just heard about this on twitter and immediately my heart sank! What are the chances that any of these hostages will get out alive?! Also heard that someone entered the Sydney hospital with a suspicious package but can't be located now.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Australian Seven Network said that at least 13 people are being held at the Lindt Chocolate Cafe.

It published a photograph of people inside the building holding a black flag with Arabic writing on it. The flag reads: "There is no God but God and Mohammed is the prophet of God."

Its getting really interesting how false religion is viewed around the world:

Imagine brothers and sisters following scenario:

Huge proclamation is being done by UN and supporting nations that ... IN ORDER TO ACHIVE PEACE AND SECURITY RELIGION MUST BE BANNED.

So "peace and security" saying or proclamation is a JUSTIFICATION of banning religion and then suddenly we are in a great tribulation. (as a thief in a night)

Leaders would present the message basically saying if we want to have peace and security we must remove religion etc .. etc ..

1 Thess 5:3 talks about "saying" not actually achiving peace and security.

So in what way They will be saying "peace and security" we don't know.....    and must wait until the time when this prophecy is fullfilled ....   but can't help myself thinking about different scenarios ....   and above scenario poped in my head. :)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

My Sister in law had to be evacuated.

My Brother was able to get in & out just before lock down.

so freaky.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

If it's happening in Australia, it can happen anywhere else.  People will be in fear, maybe not yet fainting out of fear (I  believe that is when the G.T., breaks out along when Armagadden starts).  Satan is certainly busy in his last moments of ruling this earth.   If he's working that hard, we must work even harder!  My heart goes out to these people stuck in there with those swords and guns/AK-47's.  Am sure they want to harm the hostages, since it is there aim to kill for Alla and Mohammed.  Sick and demented minds, twisted in their empty philosophies and putting their trust in a flesh and blood.    

If it's happening in Australia, it can happen anywhere else.  People will be in fear, maybe not yet fainting out of fear (I  believe that is when the G.T., breaks out along when Armagadden starts).  Satan is certainly busy in his last moments of ruling this earth.   If he's working that hard, we must work even harder!  My heart goes out to these people stuck in there with those swords and guns/AK-47's.  Am sure they want to harm the hostages, since it is there aim to kill for Alla and Mohammed.  Sick and demented minds, twisted in their empty philosophies and putting their trust in a flesh and blood. 

Up & til the Cronulla riots we had 5yrs ago. Seemed like Australia was the most faraway place in the oceans. But then a few months back we have Ebola on our shores. 

We take a little time catching up with the rest of the world. & then bang like today..

Sydney is only about 50 mins drive North from me.

I am so glad to have Jehovah & Know what he is bringing soon.

No more talks of Terror or anything freaky. that will be nice.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Any other type of hostage situation and you feel there is hope for all or some of the people inside to survive but those with ISIS have a brutal and bloodthirsty reputation - those 12 people represent 12 members of 12 families and so on and so forth - this will affect and perhaps change a lot of people by the time it's all over.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Knowing them (the terrorists) they will probably not let these dear people go.  They don't care if they die for their god alla and mohammed, their real god that they claim to worship.  Sad, I hope Jehovah's day is near!   You dear friends in Australia, please be vigilant where you go in stores, cafe's and or just about anyplace, even the our kingdom halls.  At some halls in the USA, the brothers lock the doors and watch on a camera television to see who's lurking out side besides one of the friends.    

Greg... I just love scenario's!!

Huge proclamation is being done by UN and supporting nations that ... IN ORDER TO ACHIVE PEACE AND SECURITY RELIGION MUST BE BANNED.

So "peace and security" saying or proclamation is a JUSTIFICATION of banning religion and then suddenly we are in a great tribulation. (as a thief in a night)

Leaders would present the message basically saying if we want to have peace and security we must remove religion etc .. etc ..

So in what way They will be saying "peace and security" we don't know.....    and must wait until the time when this prophecy is fullfilled ....   but can't help myself thinking about different scenarios ....   and above scenario poped in my head. :)

Edited by normaclutter

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Australian Seven Network said that at least 13 people are being held at the Lindt Chocolate Cafe.

It published a photograph of people inside the building holding a black flag with Arabic writing on it. The flag reads: "There is no God but God and Mohammed is the prophet of God."

Its getting really interesting how false religion is viewed around the world:

So in what way They will be saying "peace and security" we don't know..... and must wait until the time when this prophecy is fullfilled .... but can't help myself thinking about different scenarios .... and above scenario poped in my head. :)

While i love that idea, you have the order of events backward. The cry if peace and security comes first, then false religion is destroyed.

While i love that idea, you have the order of events backward. The cry if peace and security comes first, then false religion is destroyed.

The order is correct ! Saying of Peace and Security as a justification first and then they move against religion suddenly same day.

Anyway it's just a scenario ... Nothing important.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

It's over

Australians are very anti-ISIS ( he requested ISIS flag)

I wonder how government will react to this ( we had some police raids in a Muslim community prior to this event)

Australian government is not that tolerant.

Very sad what happened .

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- from 'Mostly Harmless' by Douglas Adams  :loopy:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2014/dec/15/sydney-cafe-siege-hostage-man-haron-monis-live-coverage

Poor people 3 were killed. The gunman was known to the Police. He is a loner who is Sheik. He went on his own.

He murdered his wife last year & Has been a link to other on going trouble through out Sydney.

I was preaching today down In Bulli & I am so glad we have left over Watchtowers for God's Kingdom. I know it would be a lot different in Sydney itself. 

My Sister in law went back to Work near by. Such a crazy feeling she said.

This guy was a loner and a self-made religious nut, who as noted above was on bail for being an accessory for killing his ex-wife (who had approached police before because he had threatened to kill her).  What this shows really is:

1. The system meant to protect victims of crime doesn't work
  2. The justice system that would let a suspected killer (with history of sexual crimes) out on bail for more than a year doesn't work
  3. The security system and spy network that had this guy under surveillance for years, then suddenly drops him, is not working
  4. The system checks that should have been done for gun ownership were not done (big question mark there), so that system doesn't work either.
  5. This guy is a 'lone wolf' but knew how to manipulate the media - I've seen him previously on news reports with his broken-record of Islamic rhetoric "Stay out of Iraq/Afghanistan" etc and the media give him air time (?????)  And he purposely planned to do this siege right across the way from a news media headquarters.  Easy media coverage there.
  6. The actual reporting of this sad event blew it way out of proportion - it was a siege, not a terrorist attack - and the media had this ad nauseum on every channel for over a day, every minutiae replayed over and over, as if it were 9/11.  It shows that true reporting is not happening here in this country, just sensationalism.
  7. The saddest part is, that the whole community became terrorised and felt quite sickened by this mental barrage, resulting in a deep outpouring of sympathy from the numbed fellow city workers who would be feeling "that could have been me!".

Thank Jehovah for letting us see who really is ruling this world and for the future we know is just ahead.  Just hope more will listen as we try to show them this!