JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

No more Bin Laden?

Jehovah's celestial chariot (Ezekiel 1) is on the move. We need to hold tight and be ready to move with it.

for my opinion i think that things maybe get worse. the economic situation of some countrys are a mess. if terrorists make a huge attack, or several spread in the world it can collapse the financial sistem and give a reason so the govermants finish all religion and take possetion of the wealth that they have.

only after it will be pronounced peace and security

A warning: please don't google "osama dead". There's a picture you don't want to see.

If you are referring to the picture I think you are referring too... unfortunately I have seen it already... however this picture is a fake photoshopped picture that has been circulated on the internet for a while, no official "dead picture" of him has been released...

Not that it matters much, just saying.

I'm just waiting to hear news about retaliating action from Al Quaeda... something is surely to happen.

(Proverbs 24:17) "When your enemy falls, do not rejoice; and when he is caused to stumble, may your heart not be joyful." thought this might be a good scripture to keep in mind when we see things happening as we see this old system coming to its end.

Jehovah's celestial chariot (Ezekiel 1) is on the move. We need to hold tight and be ready to move with it.

for my opinion i think that things maybe get worse. the economic situation of some countrys are a mess. if terrorists make a huge attack, or several spread in the world it can collapse the financial sistem and give a reason so the govermants finish all religion and take possetion of the wealth that they have.

Yes, I know Miro. It is not that time yet, I too think there is much more trouble to come. However with our April 30 hour campaign, the response from the brothers and sisters, world events, we need to ready to move with the organisation and it can move with great speed.

Yes, I know Miro. It is not that time yet, I too think there is much more trouble to come. However with our April 30 hour campaign, the response from the brothers and sisters, world events, we need to ready to move with the organisation and it can move with great speed.

yes you are right. we are going to need so much of each other in a couple of time. the 30 hour campaing served more than to spread the word. we as a congregation are more close than ever.

Bin Laden has a chance as ressurrection. Just... there won't be 70 virgins waiting for him. LOL!!!

I thought it was 70 Virginians. CIA agents from Langley.

(sorry, bad joke but couldn't resist. I must work on self-control)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Bin Laden has a chance as ressurrection. Just... there won't be 70 virgins waiting for him. LOL!!!

(groan):clown:

i understand :whistling:

The announcement that the Americans have killed Osama Bin Laden is followed by news that he was "buried at sea". Why does this make me suspicious?

CBS news reported that according to Islamic teachings, the body must be "buried" within 24 hrs of death.

That's a good point, sister, but since when did the US Government care about such things? Their treatment of Saddam's relatives showed no such consideration. Also, if they had the body, they did not need to 'bury it at sea' to fulfil Islamic law. They could have buried it in the usual Islamic way and scored points for their sensitive treatment of his remains.

Are there elections coming up soon in the US?

Are there elections coming up soon in the US?

unless this is a British thing...2 readers comments one right wing paper and one left wing...

peterooo

Yesterday 03:11 PM

Recommended by

62 people

"Why is this all so black or white? I'm simply yet to be convinced by this story. Given the complete lack of evidence, I'm surprised the national press is so ready to repeat it as fact.

I note it as mere coincidence that Obama's popularity has been at an all time low recently, with an election looming on the horizon."

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100085976/osama-bin-laden-dead-now-for-an-explosion-of-conspiracy-theories/

U00010

2 May 2011 11:20PM

Who wrote the script for this farce?

"Whose idea was it to dump the body like a South American dictatorship would?

Perfect timing... now let the innocent prisoners in Guantanamo Bay go free right?

Must have thought everyone was going to forget about that AND about attacking the wrong country (Iraq).

Maybe the base the BinLaden lookalike was kept at was a CIA sponsored site?"

We were told Iraq was Bin Ladens arsenal and we were minutes away from a nuclear terrorist attack hence the invasion of Iraq.

Scepticism is justified.

Resources needed for Iran so rabbit pulled from hat.

Scepticism is doubly justified.

"There is something rotten in the State of Denmark." W.S.

Not even Obama appeared to be convinced by his Tea Party speech.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/02/bin-laden-war-terrorism-afghanistan-us?commentpage=2#start-of-comments

I was sure this year 2011 would be interesting...

So much events in only 4 months...

yes, I was thinking the same! 2010 was full of happenings, but in this short time we had now in 2011, there's so much more.

Just think: the horrible earthquake in Japan, nuclear accidents (why don't we hear anything about this?), Egypt, Tunesia, Lybia; Cote d'Ivoire, floods in Brazil and Australia.....

I also agree that this year is momentous... we all thought how could 2011 be any worse.. and in 2009 we thought how could 2010... etc.

I agree with those saying that we should not speculate and have a sway towards any political opinion and such.. seeing's as how NOTHING

can be taken at face value... (and by the way let us not forget history: Al Qaeda and the Taliban was founded by the king of the south in the late 70's early 80's to fight the king of the North at the time in a proxy war)

We can see how valuble it is to not take a politcal stance or to give up our neutrality because the people of this world are in Satan's tight grip... people in general will literally believe ANYTHING... I don't know how to say it any clearer... the demons control the individual governments (remember the angel delayed going to talk to Daniel and Michael had to go and help him?) ...

Now is the time to focus more on the Kingdom preaching and disciple making.. because the end is so close we can all FEEL it... may we all do our utmost not to be sidetracked with these "expressions inspired by demons"

as some say "don't speculate, no political opinion"

do you have a feeling that some here or in your congregation do speculate, do have a political opinion?

in my opinion...on here and in my congregation...I have not seen or heard speculation but peoples... viewpoints...whether it is a current event or how we imagine the Paradise to be ...we can only give our viewpoint...tempered by Bible principles...

we are encouraged to think about being in the Paradise....now that can only be speculation as such...we have faith about the Paradise...but we have no empirical evidence ...

it is when we become dogmatic our view is the right view...

or...favour different political systems...or ways of doing things...

I like the preamble to the Awake... it is of the here and now... but it leads to a great future

THIS JOURNAL IS PUBLISHED for the enlightenment of the entire family. It shows how to cope with today’s problems.

It reports the news tells about people in many lands, examines religion and science.

But it does more. It probes beneath the surface and points to the real meaning behind current events,

yet it always stays politically neutral and does not exalt one race above another.

Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.

do you have a feeling that some here or in your congregation do speculate, do have a political opinion?

How do you separate speculate from keeping on the watch... they seem to be intertwined to a certain extent...however too much speculation can lead to disappointment.... everything has to be kept in its place and not focused unduly on

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

How do you separate speculate from keeping on the watch... they seem to be intertwined to a certain extent...however too much speculation can lead to disappointment.... everything has to be kept in its place and not focused unduly on

i agree. it is pretty hard to NOT speculate. i suppose it has more to do with our promoting our thoughts insisting we see events having a certain role, beyond what the 'slave' is telling us? perhaps?

Despite scenes of worldly people rejoicing in America over the death of Bin Laden, people in UK who are aware of the real news are a bit jumpy and scared. The reason is because someone imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay told the authorities that if Bin Laden was killed, then Al Quaeda or it's subsidiaries would let off a nuclear device in Europe in retaliation. Only hours after the announcement of Binladen's death,police in our area arrested 5 men from London, of a seemingly Muslim background, for filming and photographing around the Sellafield Nuclear (reprocessing and decommisioning) Site 15 miles down the coast from our town. Link to News item:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13268834

A terrorist cell from London camped and trained in the Lake District near here before trying to excecute a bombing raid in London UK, so we don't think there's much sign of Peace and Security here yet. News item:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-495455/Al-Qaeda-terrorist-took-Lake-District-training-camp-sentenced-years-prison.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7256859.stm

i suppose it has more to do with our promoting our thoughts insisting we see events having a certain role, beyond what the 'slave' is telling us? perhaps?

question then would be....Are we promoting our thoughts by posting them here on this forum?

I have not heard anyone insist that they see events having a certain role......

it is a fine line however.....we must be very careful.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

i suppose it has more to do with our promoting our thoughts insisting we see events having a certain role, beyond what the 'slave' is telling us? perhaps?

question then would be....Are we promoting our thoughts by posting them here on this forum?

I have not heard anyone insist that they see events having a certain role......

it is a fine line however.....we must be very careful.

i haven't seen that either. it is a very dignified forum here.