JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What do you think about recording your life - locations and all - and saving that to a personal site - so you can review things later?

http://beta.lifelogger.com/private?kid=5V4A6 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I think it is a really great idea. I think I would have a lot of fun with something  like this. I seem to get quite a bit of insight from looking back at myself. For example look up the history of your Google searches. It kinda gives you a way to see yourself in black and white. I like having an objective way to look at how I spend my time and effort.

So often I am thinking - was that what I thought I saw, but it is too late to go back and look. OR did he (or she) say what I thought he said? Or did I just say it that way - or is that what you "heard" me say? 

Well, rewind and find out. :lol2: 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

One of my first work contracts here was working on an iPhone app for a lifelogging company that is still going and doing well. I found it creepy but fun for a while - it was when it started predicting things I was going to do that I got weirded out by it. 

Wow how accurate was the predicting and like what stuff would it predict, just general stuff or more detail and/or intimate stuff. I found it very curious how a program can get so much info from what we do or say. 

Makes me wonder about the subliminal messages that can be put into shopping malls or on the tv, etc.  and how much they really affect us. 

What do you think about recording your life - locations and all - and saving that to a personal site - so you can review things later?

http://beta.lifelogger.com/private?kid=5V4A6 

Possibly.  I used to journal a lot in my younger years.  I got into a habit of writing it all out, since about 13?  It helped me to see patterns, grieve, grow and so forth.  Photos/videos could do the same thing.  I just don't think I'd stick with it.  

I'm actually surprised I've lasted here this long, usually I don't keep returning to a place.  

Well, it's kinda late for me to start something like this ---- if I can remember enough to go back and create  log of it, I can just as easily "remember" it without the "cloud"

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Wow how accurate was the predicting and like what stuff would it predict, just general stuff or more detail and/or intimate stuff. I found it very curious how a program can get so much info from what we do or say. 

Makes me wonder about the subliminal messages that can be put into shopping malls or on the tv, etc.  and how much they really affect us. 

In about 2 weeks it picked up on when I usually left for work/home based on the law of averages. It also would scan my iPhone for apps etc. So for instance. I use netflix at home, and one day at lunch I wanted to finish watching a tv show so opened it on my phone. It gained access to my netflix list and started recommending things I may like. If i googled recipes it would start reminding me to pick up the components at the market. 

as i said...it got creepy and I was glad to finish working on it. 

I started my trip down memory lane but got bored and fell asleep. :(

I can't undestand why anyone would want to record all the details of their life, unless they wanted to write an autobiography. For me it is "been there, done that, got t-shirt". And there are many things I would much rather forget! Things even Jehovah has deleted from my record.

I think I would be creeped out as well. This thing would log good times and bad. Then there is the question of what happens to that info. Is it hackable?. Could it be used to help or hurt you from a legal standpoint?

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

I think I would be creeped out as well. This thing would log good times and bad. Then there is the question of what happens to that info. Is it hackable?. Could it be used to help or hurt you from a legal standpoint?

It really depends on how the application is designed. Most of the data I saw was completely anonymized - the only way to trace is was via a UDID number (which is a unique number each iPhone/iPad has) which Apple would be able to link to your apple id account, so in theory if the government want to - they could collect the meta data from the app database, and then collect device data from apple and put 2 and 2 together. 

But lets face, the government, through various schemes already knows more about us than they know what to do with, so them knowing I have to pick up shallots doesn't worry me too much.