JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Job 37:14 "...Stop and consider carefully the wonderful works of God."

Some Careful Consideration

I gazed out my window through exquisite artwork made by the frost in fun

SMALL%20white%20frost_zpsna1bcfpy.jpg

The roof, capped with snow, held a palisade of icicles, glistening in the sun.

SMALL%20icicles%20glistening%20in%20the%

The lawn was covered with a myriad of diamond-sparkling flakes

SMALL%20diamond%20sparkling%20flakes_zps

And the trees were iced with frosting, the kind Jehovah makes.

SMALL%20Snow%20Covered%20Trees.jpg_zpssw

Job 37:10  "By the breadth of God, the ice is produced."

B) Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Originally posted by Rosanne Iho

Job 37:14 "...Stop and consider carefully the wonderful works of God."

SMALL%20Snow%20Covered%20Trees.jpg_zpssw

Job 37:10  "By the breadth of God, the ice is produced."

That would be the breath of God..

So why are you looking at frost and ice and snow when you're coming into Summer? Isn't it we poor antipodeans who are gaining this affliction now?

Mind you, I have no question in my mind that these things are all marvellous!

That would be the breath of God..

So why are you looking at frost and ice and snow when you're coming into Summer? Isn't it we poor antipodeans who are gaining this affliction now?

Mind you, I have no question in my mind that these things are all marvellous!

G'day Brother RaymondG/Ray  :wave: 

I am sorry for the mis-spelling, but I cannot do anything about correcting it. :shrugs:   I cannot edit my posts.  :no:  

As for the out-of-season subject...We like to tell people from other parts of the world that "Michigan's Upper Peninsula has 9 months of Winter and 3 months of bad snowmobiling."  :lol1:  Just two short weeks ago, we had over 5 inches of heavy, wet snow on the ground.  Or, as we also like to call it:  "Lake affect" or "Michigan Dandruff".

I hate Winter with the white-hot intensity of a thousand suns. :taz:   The past two winters have kept us trapped in a polar vortex of -30 and -40 below for weeks on end.   So I have to look for the BEAUTY in it, just to keep my sanity :wacko: . :D

:uhhuh: Ross  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

In some places, cold weather is approaching. In Maine we had 9 moths of winter, then mud season, then bug season, then 2 days of summer. There,the mosquito is the state bird. I could hear them in my back woods. It sounded, to me, like they were giving advance lessons on how to chew through denim. In the new system, they will all have little tags that read, "Abstain from blood."

Yes, when I commented on the endless miles of Interstate under repair in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois I was told the 'two seasons' line...

Winter and Construction. Then in Detroit one of the major arteries into the city was all torn up for several miles, that was devastating to traffic and held us up getting to the convention.

I have photos... but the problem spreads to the South too, I took this photo of a road under repair in Arkansas:

post-4283-0-66664700-1430461122_thumb.jp

A lot of bridge decks were being replaced in Wisconsin...

post-4283-0-59680600-1430461226_thumb.jp

This road destruction was in Minnesota:

post-4283-0-93421300-1430461632_thumb.jp

I don't recall seeing much of this sort of thing in Ontario or Quebec, nor in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, things were all good there. But road signage in Ontario was atrocious... I lost the highway and got stuck in a town trying to follow the signs!

Edited by RaymondG

Originally posted by kejedo

In some places, cold weather is approaching. In Maine we had 9 moths of winter, then mud season, then bug season, then 2 days of summer. There,the mosquito is the state bird. I could hear them in my back woods. It sounded, to me, like they were giving advance lessons on how to chew through denim. In the new system, they will all have little tags that read, "Abstain from blood."

Was the "3 moths of winter" deliberate, Pauline? Just to add to the 'buggy flavour'?

I must say that my one-day drive through Maine was devoid of all of these problems. A beautiful summer's day (June 14), as illustrated by these pics:

post-4283-0-66802100-1430466609_thumb.jp

I think this is near Pittsfield... and this is...

post-4283-0-31328400-1430466618_thumb.jp

...Mount Katahdin.

Edited by RaymondG

Oh my! Winter is wintery where you live!  Very pretty though.  Makes me really appreciate our mild winters here in Perth.  Lovely brisk mornings of 2C and tops of 18C on a typical sunny day in winter.  It's the long hot summers that can sap you.  Still, I don't think I could live in a very cold clime.

We don't have that much cold weather here in Florida so we don't have roads being damaged by it. We just have never ending road construction since they can work on them all year round.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Was the "3 moths of winter" deliberate, Pauline? Just to add to the 'buggy flavour'?

I must say that my one-day drive through Maine was devoid of all of these problems. A beautiful summer's day (June 14), as illustrated by these pics:

attachicon.gifME7river.jpg

I think this is near Pittsfield... and this is...

attachicon.gifME9mtkatahdin.jpg

...Mount Katahdin.

Beautiful pics, and there are many friends I miss from Maine. I make lots of typing errors b/c my laptop is broken; many of the keys are worn off, have fallen off completely, or are held on by tape. Also, it is one of those Gateways with 'power on' button in the spine which, of course, has been broken for quite some time. I have rigged this old laptop to stay 'on' if I keep the screen open. I am able to restart it in this stationery position for updates. If I forget and move it incorrectly or shut it off, I have always been able to get it restarted, somehow, by trail and error, until something works. I have resuscitated it too many times to deliberately challenge myself with digital calisthenics.  I'm going to hang on to old NellyBelle as long as I can get some use out of it. Our exiting CO said it is good to be frugal, but just plain 'cheap' is unattractive. I hope I am frugal. 

Edited by kejedo

It is, of course, hard to know whether your computer problem caused you to misspell 'exciting' or your CO was leaving you...

Nevertheless, Pauline, I would have to venture that you will never be 'cheap'.

Though I would appreciate a response to the PM I sent you...