JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Threads revisited...another meaningless topic

I don't know who changed the topic bar because it does not say who edited it.  But this was not my original title.  I could repost it but ---why bother? :unsure:

I was making a joke about how some people can not bear to resurrect "old" threads--but to many new ones they are not old.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

-but to many new ones they are not old.

I agree. Being fairly new here I often see a topic that is added to but is an older thread and have found myself reading though it. Sometimes it saves me from repeating something. Repeating, though, may not always be bad because there are other new ones here also.

Even Jehovah gives us constant reminders!  Many things require repeating.  I don't know how many times we study the same thing over and over--to impress/stress upon us certain points.  Just like a group of people talking and someone else joins the discussion they may need to be brought up to speed so things will be repeated.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

umm but the bible talks about the  resurrect "old" threads oh what umm let see no! 

hay some old thread need to be like

star wars

star trek

SCI-FI

eating

cooking 

sleeping 

meeting 

what tie to were on sunday

so what roung with  resurrect those "old" threads

And beards. :beard2:   Some of these categories lead themselves to humorous responses.  The humor is sometimes missed, as the written word does not always convey our intent.   How about, we give each brother and sister some leeway, please.   If the thread was all out serious, and I missed the focus, let me apologize ahead of time. :blushing:  If it was meant to be light- hearted, and I went all serious on you, again let me front load it with apologies.   :surrender: Two dimensional communication has its unique challenges, especially since we frequently have difficulty when all our senses are engaged.  

Edited by kejedo

I agree. Being fairly new here I often see a topic that is added to but is an older thread and have found myself reading though it. Sometimes it saves me from repeating something. Repeating, though, may not always be bad because there are other new ones here also.

Yup, some of us came late to the party.  :party:

Edited by kejedo

I don't know who changed the topic bar because it does not say who edited it.  But this was not my original title.  I could repost it but ---why bother? :unsure:

I was making a joke about how some people can not bear to resurrect "old" threads--but to many new ones they are not old.

Hmm, I wonder who changed the title   :unsure:  :lol1: 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I haven't...

There was a lot of things that Adam and Eve didn't do.

They didn't go to bars or dances to find someone for a mate. They didn't have to conceal themselves when they wanted a private moment. At least, not in the beginning. They didn't have to save up for a house and get a mortgage. They didn't have to go to the market to buy their food.

Have you ever wondered if Adam and Eve spoke in Palindromes?

"MADAM IM ADAM"

"NAME NO ONE MAN"

p.s. 666 is a palindromic number. 

Of course not, but this was started (I believe) in a humorous vein, not the jugular. "Ha, I kill me" (80s saying)  :yawning:

Yeah, I see the humour in that...

Don't you see the humour in mine?

"Ha, I kill me!"

'80s? For teenagers, I guess. Probably developed slowly in the late '60s or early '70s. I'm only guessing, of course, I've probably only ever heard it a couple of times.