JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Family Worship ideas

Does anyone have any ideas for Family Worship for the week of the Memorial? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 4 months later...

I just want to thank you brother Richard for this fantastic idea! I'm a single mum in the truth and I needed a lot of help and support to raise my 11 year old daughter in a way Jehovah is pleased.I was groping for ideas - lots of them, and I came across this topic. Soo delighted!! Thank you!:):D

• 2 months later...

The 8/17 Study WT started a nine-part series that will consider each quality, or aspect, of the fruitage of the spirit. We decided to consider each article as part of our FW. The second article, Joy, is in the 2/18 Study WT and we used it for this weeks FW.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This is a brilliant topic, thank you. So many good ideas. We’ve started doing family worship with our 13 month old and it’s hard coming up with good ideas.

We usually read a story from the bible story book or equivalent, read the verses from the bible, and try to add in a prop to make it come alive, then sing a song. So Noah’s story: we got all of his animal toys out and put them in the ‘ark’ -basically a big tub. For Cain and Abel we got 2 chopping boards out, one filled with fruit and the other with his sheep toy to picture their sacrifices. It’s only 10-15 minutes long but I think he’s enjoying them. 

If anyone has any other ideas I’d be grateful for suggestions. We were thinking of doing manna- lay a sheet down, and sprinkle Cheerios on it, and we all try and collect it in little bowls. Baby Moses- fill up baby bath, add some ‘reeds’, put a toy baby in a tub and watch it go down the ‘river.’ David and Goliath- get a small and a big teddy to show the size difference. Etc etc. 

21 minutes ago, Luisabola said:

If anyone has any other ideas I’d be grateful for suggestions. 

Try this..

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/32611-maybe-say-good-by-to-legos/?do=findComment&comment=505629

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2017 at 12:03 PM, Tortuga said:

The 8/17 Study WT started a nine-part series that will consider each quality, or aspect, of the fruitage of the spirit. We decided to consider each article as part of our FW. The second article, Joy, is in the 2/18 Study WT and we used it for this weeks FW.

The next article in the series is in the latest study WT.

• 8 months later...

My wife was busy in the kitchen all day yesterday and didn't have a chance to look at JW.org, so last night for Family Worship I hooked my PC to the TV and showed her all of the new publications and their features. I plan to add the new book and brochure to our list of study items, I currently do something different each week so we'll add them to the list of things I draw from.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2015 at 6:03 PM, Dustparticle said:

Genesis 1:21, says God created sea creatures or sea monsters. So how can I fit this into my family worship? How about making a model of a city like New York, and have a rope hanged over it and a chair right beside the model too. Then I put on a costume of Godzilla and get on the chair and jump on the rope and swing over the city  and land on it and tear it apart. Now that would be a perfect family worship!!!

I love this 😂😂

• 1 month later...

Our CO has suggested using a Family Worship night to ensure everyone in the family knows how to use all of the features of JWLibrary on their device.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:58 AM, Tortuga said:

Our CO has suggested using a Family Worship night to ensure everyone in the family knows how to use all of the features of JWLibrary on their device.

Our CO recommended the same with a special emphasis on using  the Personal Study notes section.......We did this AND did the same with Jw.org..we went through all the features and then tested each other...to see how fast we could get to topics or if we could direct people without looking...it was fun

Our CO also suggested using FW time to make a Daisy chain of scriptures by cutting and pasting the Sample Presentations into notes attached to the scriptures.

• 3 months later...

I haven't done this yet however it sounds like fun. I saw it on a game show recently. 

Get individual pictures of each of the GB and Helpers, add members of your local congregation. Take turns seeing how many each person in the family can name in 30 seconds...

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of a weird one, but last night my husband for FW made me watch an interview Ben shapiro did with Stephen Meyer, he's written a book called the Darwin Doubt so it's basically some very intelligent arguements for why there has to be a creator. It was largely over my head... But then today on ministry I had a great chat with a man, who was very scientific and I was able to use loads of the points from the interview! There is definitely a seed of doubt in this guy's head and at the end of the chat he said if he does come to the memorial he feels there's a chance he may come out a bit converted! 😄

The other FW thing we did, our boys are very much into the video game Minecraft, so my husband printed out pictures of Minecraft things, sheep, boat, sword etc and then the boys had to take it in turns to think of a Bible story involving that thing.

• 7 months later...

For family worship yesterday, family went over what Watchtower study conductor suggested... All the new changes in the baptism questions. 

Had an amazing time with lively discussions. It's a lot of new points to consider. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 minutes ago, AH173 said:

For family worship yesterday, family went over what Watchtower study conductor suggested... All the new changes in the baptism questions. 

Had an amazing time with lively discussions. It's a lot of new points to consider. 

Is it still in the organise to do your will book??

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

Yes it's still there. It's at the appendix. 

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

2 hours ago, AH173 said:

Where can I find this

From app 

Screenshot_20191125-103946.jpg

Our daughter Lesie is visiting. Last night over a glass or two of wine she brought up that one of the projects we did for our family study, it is still fresh in her mind whenever Bible Lands come up. "Remember Dad when you had us draw maps of the Promised Land on onion skin paper?" I remembered that was a long time ago, 1974, 45 years ago. Leslie said she wished we still had those maps and Gertrude spoke up and said "I think we do." With a little searching she found few onion skins (tracing paper) that had survived many moves.

The kids had traced the maps the front and back inside covers from "All Scripures Inspired." These are the four remaining.  Top two by Brett age 10, 3rd down by Jerri Lee age 12, the fourth down by Leslie age 8. The map are of the route of the Exodus and of the Promised land.

Enjoy

Brett 1.jpeg

Brett 4.jpeg

Jerry Lee 3.jpeg

Leslie 1.jpeg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.