JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sure is Hot Down Here

pnutts

A note from hell ( superstition at its finest :devil2: )

Consider the case of the Illinois man who left the snow-filled streets of

Chicago for a vacation in Florida.

His wife was on a business trip and was planning to meet him there the next day.

When he reached his hotel, he decided to send his wife a quick e-mail.

Unable to find the scrap of paper on which he had written her e-mail address,

he did his best to type it in from memory.

Unfortunately, he missed one letter and his note was directed

instead to an elderly preacher's wife whose husband had passed away only

the day before.

When the grieving widow checked her e-mail, she took one

look at the monitor, let out a piercing scream, and fell to the floor in

a dead faint.

At the sound, her family rushed into

the room and saw this note on the screen:

DEAREST WIFE: JUST GOT CHECKED IN. EVERYTHING PREPARED FOR YOUR

ARRIVAL TOMORROW.

PS. SURE IS HOT DOWN HERE X(:devil2:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

:lol1:

Just a side note, Florida isn't far from the Cayman islands and Grand Cayman has a place called Hell due to some strange rock formations. You can mail a postcard from Hell. Google it, it's an odd looking spot.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria

It's all about context; or it's all about pronunciation, or it's all about geography. Whatever your theory, it will be partially wrong. Would love to travel to Austria, but not sure of the itinerary. At least I can speak a little German; maybe "booking" a trip soon.   Who knows? Already singing "Eidelweiss": Das ist meine Lieblingsleid." Deine Schwester, Paulina

Edited by kejedo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria

It's all about context; or it's all about pronunciation, or it's all about geography. Whatever your theory, it will be partially wrong. Would love to travel to Austria, but not sure of the itinerary. At least I can speak a little German; maybe "booking" a trip soon.   Who knows? Already singing "Eidelweiss": Das ist meine Lieblingsleid." Deine Schwester, Paulina

Translation Eidelweiss ( white ? ), That is my love? song Your sister Pauline :wheelchair:  I must have sometimers :exclamation: - sometimes I remember :unsure: , sometimes I don't :snoring:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Well, it may not actually be "that other place", but I will agree - IT SURE IS HOT DOWN HERE!

The weather this last week has been so hot and humid that the National Weather Service issued health warnings recommending you stay inside if at all possible.

Since I work outside, I cannot do that. By lunch time we look as if someone had turned a garden hose on us. I change my shirt to go to lunch and the one I take off is usually dripping and needs to be wrung out to put it in the truck.

In addition to the heat, we have been getting about a inch of rain each day - makes it even more muggy!

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Translation Eidelweiss ( white ? ), That is my love? song Your sister Pauline :wheelchair:  I must have sometimers :exclamation: - sometimes I remember :unsure: , sometimes I don't :snoring:

I thought i was writing, "That's my favorite song." (At least from the Sound of Music.) I wrote it off the top of my head, which hasn't studied German for over 40 decades. Maybe I should have checked an on-line translation site.  

After  seeing the movie "The Sound of Music" a sister told us that singing 'Eidelweiss' would be wrong for a christian because it was the Austrian national. anthem. She expressed the same reasoning for avoiding "Waltzing Matilda".  :)

She had some strange opinions about Smurfs also. :D

She could go on and on about demonic Keane paintings. :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

After  seeing the movie "The Sound of Music" a sister told us that singing 'Eidelweiss' would be wrong for a christian because it was the Austrian national. anthem. She expressed the same reasoning for avoiding "Waltzing Matilda".  :)

She had some strange opinions about Smurfs also. :D

She could go on and on about demonic Keane paintings. :lol:

Austria's national anthem is   Land der Berge, Land am Strome