JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I want to start watching JW broadcasting but not sure how...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3273 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Since my data usage is limited (on Excede Internet services for rural folks)  I do not know what 3G or 5 G's or 10G's mean.  I want to watch a broad cast but my internet says I can download from 12midnight to 5 am (my best time for catching Z's) unlimited.  What does that mean?  Do I have to be awake to watch?  How do I download without it effecting my limited usage?  How do I set the broadcast to record between those hours of unlimited usage?  Can someone please come over and set this for me?  ;)  I will fix you a wonderful meal and give you a comfy bed to sleep up on.  Can you explain this in a way I can really do this?  With MY limited data usage on my brain? 

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

It does not take long to download a program. Set your alarm for 12:01 AM, spend 5 minutes or so downloading a 480p file to your computer and then go back to sleep. Watch at your convenience. (probably good idea to move file to your desktop so you don't forget where you put it.) 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

My Father-in-Law has DSL and it is a bit slow - we downloaded the RC at the 240p to save time. He says he can view it just fine on his computer. So, I am sure any of the resolutions from 240p thru 480p would be fine.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Leslie, this is the link for August's broadcasting:

http://download.jw.org/files/media_broadcasting/16/jwb_E_201508_01_r480P.mp4

You can download it and watch it later when it is more convenient. Just click the click at 12:01, say "save" and go to sleep.

Every month the link to the files is published in the JW Broadcasting thread in the JW News, Encouragement & Public Information area of JWTalk. I can provide you the links for the previous months too if you wish.

my internet says I can download from 12midnight to 5 am (my best time for catching Z's) unlimited.  What does that mean?

That means that during those hours any data you use does not count against your monthly usage.

Error---I know I have to be awake to watch!  I mean do I have to wake up to record it--and how do you record it instead of just viewing it?

When you select a particular video on JW Broadcasting you have two blue buttons that appear: Play and Download. Click Play to watch/view it. Click Download to "record" it.

Start downloading at midnight. According to http://www.exede.com/faqs/exede-internet/ Exede offers 12 Mbps and 5 Mbps service depending on your area. Either way you should be able to download any video at any resolution during your 5 hour "Free Zone."

You can also download more than one video at a time, just click the download buttons and they will manage the downloads themselves as you sleep! I'd start with just a few the first time to make sure everything goes well and then you can gradually do more as time goes on.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Leslie, I don't know if you have a cell phone or tablet, but if you ever find yourself anywhere with free wi-fi, you can take advantage of it and download when you have access to it (at McDonald's or a grocery store or even at your Kingdom hall if they have it).

The brothers arranged for us to be able to downn load at the hall. Our internet service is less then stellar in this area. Yesterday, I clicked download on the August program, and went back to my lesson. It's ready to watch now. At home, it takes so long that I gave it up.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Yes, the brothers here invite everyone on the 2nd Saturday of each month to come watch the current broadcast at the Kingdom Hall.

If you can get to a meeting early, you can use your Hall's internet to download and then watch it all you want at home. Once it's downloaded, you do not need internet to play it back.

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Go back to JW Lib (I assume you downloaded them from "publications - video's (or "what's new).  If you see three little dots next to the program, then it downloaded.  Just click on the picture in the little box next to the dots and it will play.  

On jw broadcast just click on the video you want to watch and you will have the option to watch or download

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Oh, good grief.  I want to watch but where do I find the downloaded videos now?  so sorry to keep asking for help...

If you're using Internet Explorer on Windows 8 you can use this webpage and look under the section "Find files you've downloaded on your PC"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-files#ie=ie-11

Alternatively, If you have a folder icon on your main taskbar that opens Windows Explorer, you may see the "Downloads" folder under "Favorites" or "This PC".

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!   I am going to sign off now and listen to my DOWNLOADS (yes, I found where they are located) and be glad in the money I will save not paying for data I will not use!  Yeah!  Good night Family!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!