JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What type of secular work will you do in the New System to benefit Mankind?

New scrolls, yes ..... but does that make them a new "Bible"?

We get new letters to the BOE now but we don't bind them into a book.

The new scrolls could be new directions that are not used/carried/handled by every living individual - they could be available to the "Princes" to use when giving any needed direction.

Scrolls ... Codex .... Bible ... What's the difference ? The BIble was composed from the scrolls .. Especially from letters to the congragatons to Ephesians , Romans ... Etc ... They are all letters in the original state ... Can you see my point ?

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I see your point but my point is that just because we get new scrolls/books/Bible does not mean that we will get our own copy - just like we don't get our own copy of the letters sent to the congregation

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I see your point but my point is that just because we get new scrolls/books/Bible does not mean that we will get our own copy - just like we don't get our own copy of the letters sent to the congregation

This is a speculation now ... Let's wait for the New Scrolls .. Just keep in mind that letters that we receive now are not "inspired"

The New Scrolls will come from Jehovah himself .. Will they replace the Bible as a source of inspired instruction ? Probably yes.. But let's see what happens during the 1000 years.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 1 month later...

I don't see myself doing any secular work in the new system.  :)

Secular: denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

Will there be any work that is not a direct reflection of our worship, of our true religion?

Just as Kingdom Hall construction is not secular, it is an activity deeply tied in with our religious beliefs.

Everything going on, prior to the final test, will reflect attitudes, activities, or other things that are based on of our religious and spiritual basis.

What type of labor would I like to contemplate? Hmmm, got to think about that for a bit...

Maybe a combination pilot, sailor, builder, researcher, farmer, IT person and maybe a chef. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I don't see myself doing any secular work in the new system.  :)

Secular: denoting attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

Interesting. I had to look it up and I found some other definitions too.

I like the slow change in the motion of the sun or planets. I'd work on observing that for myself. I also like the idea of persisting over an indefinitely long period. That's a secular trend I'd enjoy.

post-574-0-59676200-1442622322.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I want to be a used Medical Equipment salesman. I'd spend my time traveling to all the hospitals and retirement homes selling used wheelchairs, canes, etc. I figure I'll make a killing because I'll get the old stuff for free. I wont need to sell very much of it to make a living, so I might do it part-time. I'd also like to manufacture vitamins and diet supplements, there are going to be a lot of really old people there... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D