JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

facebook hacking

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3234 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

so.. just a heads up about this. i dont want to discus the rights or wrongs of facebook here.. thats been done to death... just wanted to relate my experience yesterday...

so i gets a message from a friend who says ... im getting some strange links from you posted onto my page.. i said like what and he sends a pic of one of the more reserved links... so it turns out someone or something has hacked my account and is posting insppropriate material seemingly on my behalf to other peoples pages!

iv now changed my password... checked my secority etc.... and deleted the links from my end. iv prayed for forgiveness that no reproach will come on Jehovahs name because of it.

so..keep an eye on your activity logs. u csn see there wots posted or liked on your behalf.

be careful gang.

gu out

This happened to me once. Sometimes you can click on something and it has hidden code that posts stuff on your behalf from your Facebook account.

Other than that some people can hack accounts. A while back everybody was told to change their passwords as someone had stolen a load of data.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Many websites seem to be able to post things to your facebook account. If you go to one and click share it posts to your page. There was one link going around that if you clicked on it it would post something as if you shared it. And then other people would see it.

Another problem with Facebook that I don't like. I set up a Facebook account because I heard that my younger sister was having medical problems. All of my family has started using Facebook and stopped checking their e-mail. To check on my sister I used Facebook. Afterward I tried to cancel the account and delete all my information. The link kept failing and I was unable to delete the information. I could deactivate the account but that was all. Irritating!!!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Edited by Witness1970

I have never had to worry about anyone hacking my Facebook page ..... never had one - still don't

Me neither. Well, actually I have one but it's not in my real name. The only reason I have it is that I can look at other people's pages, mostly family members. And so there's absolutely nothing on my page, and even then the privacy settings are all at maximum. I don't think I'll ever have a problem with someone hacking my page. If I do I'll just delete it and set up another account under yet a different name.

It's not that easy to hack facebook. The majority of incidents are provoked by a lack of attention when authorizing an app to post in your behalf. Also, you should configure all the privacy settings and not leave it as is. Used correctly it's a pretty safe program

You don't need facebook to be hijacked... Someone can send emails on your name... Someone can even more easily send physical letters in your name... Someone can still your identity and do all sorts of things...

So I wouldn't be so afraid of Facebook...

Enviado do meu SM-T320 através de Tapatalk

I am not afraid of Facebook, I just don't feel the need to have an account .........

Same here. I spend all of my time here, I don't have time for a FB account.  :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Same here. I spend all of my time here, I don't have time for a FB account. :)

Strangely though Under someone you may know in Facebook, came up someone called.... Tortuga Richard. :). Seriously. As I don't friend folks on it, it's just for friends I know, I never looked.

In case you think I'm kidding.

https://www.facebook.com/tortuga.richard.77?ref=ts&fref=ts

Edited by Mykyl

Strangely though Under someone you may know in Facebook, came up someone called.... Tortuga Richard. :). Seriously. As I don't friend folks on it, it's just for friends I know, I never looked.

In case you think I'm kidding.

https://www.facebook.com/tortuga.richard.77?ref=ts&fref=ts

Wow, no wonder FB has so many members, they just make them up. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D