JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Lessons learned at JWTalks..

Based on a post in another topic I thought it would be fun to list some of the 'life's lessons' we have learned at JWT.

I think it would be interesting to create a bullet list of items that we could condense into a Top 10 list or the 10 Commandments of JWTalks. I'll start it off by plagiarizing from another thread..

Be a little less judgmental

Stop and think before posting

At times just move on and leave it. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Getting the "last word" on a topic does not make your viewpoint correct.

The longer the post, also does not mean your opinion is correct.

Using all of them big words don't help neither... :)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Look at the "spirit" of the post, not the "letter" of it - don't knitpick about spelling and punctuation but look at each post with an understanding heart and be ready and alert to give encouragement and help.

Another lesson learned: Never cross a mod that looks like a Borg - you WILL be assimilated!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Type out your response....read it aloud then walk away before hitting submit.  When you return, if you are still feel comfortable with what you've said, and the TONE is correct, then hit submit.  We have such a short window to edit our comments here.  Make sure you check the tone, snark/sarcasm and grammar before hitting submit and you will have few problems with others reacting unfavorably to what you have to say.

Edited by MzT

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

This is more a personal preference, but, unless you want to highlight a specific point in your post, please use black as your default font color. Especially if you want all members to be able to read it (or, want to read it)

Fancy script and wild colors, just make me move on to the next post. Take a lesson from our publications, the Branch strives to make them readable to all. 

Again, not a rule, just my opinion. 

A short post shows you fully understand the point you want to make and a long one shows you do not.

Also, very few if any read long posts - especially longer than 5 sentences.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Always, always, always - ensure you dignify each other and assume the best in your brothers and sisters (and don't call them people :) )

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Great responses!

Here are a couple in Olde English just for the fun of it.

Thou shalt ask questions to clarify thine understanding before thou doth reply.

Thou shall overlook others minor misspellings and grammatical errors.

Don't state an opinion as a fact unless you are ready and able to prove it is a fact

Don't pontificate!   :)

I think it would be interesting to create a bullet list of items that we could condense into a Top 10 list or the 10 Commandments of JWTalks. 

When this thread dies off, I'll collect all the comments and create a poll so we can create a Top 10 list from the poll results..

Does that sound like a good idea?

Oh, to stay on topic

- Ask for opinions..

:)

This is a JW forum .. Sorry this can't be counted as field service... Who said that..

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

This is a JW forum .. Sorry this can't be counted as field service... Who said that..

Are there unbaptized people here? 

If I PM them can I start my time?

:lol: