JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Charlie Sheen...in the news again

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3079 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Personally I don't think that everything in the news is newsworthy...

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/23491-hollywood-news/?p=340548

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

:sick: Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, Disgusting, and that is all I have to say.  :sick:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Yes, DISGUSTING! I second that brother. What is even more disgusting is this stuff is crammed down people's throats as news! I did not know there was a school massacure in Africa, I think in April. 147 dead. And the news is Trump, Sheen, etc. Poor Paris, yes, I do care, but, I also care about the 147 dead in Africa. News in this country is flat out censored. The media is almost becoming a conscious matter. How much do we want in our memory cells? Yes, I know there is balance. We have to talk in the ministry like we are the informed people that, in truth, we are.

Watch tv real time, and, oh, there is the soup commercial, two men argueing over whose the father of this poor innocent child. Makes me want to vomit. Sorry friends, rant over!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Bea I agree 100 percent! What is considered news today was considered tabloid trash when I was growing up. 

And yes, I can't stand most of TV/Movies cause it's so disgusting. And just down right sad. No one thinks of the poor child in that situation, and the disgusting people who put the poor child in that situation. :( Sad, sad, heartbreaking and gross! ICK! 

When we see people who flagrantly flaunt their immoral life choices, and then that person faces consequences, it is reinforcing to connect the dots. It is impossible to not notice these headlines, even for people who try to avoid them, like me. I don't watch movies, but would definitely avoid any with this person. 

I remember him from the movie Platoon. He was good on screen in it. That said, didn't know he was having a debased lifestyle. But sometime its one's follies that make them realize what they truly are in life. It makes them sit and re-examine. Hope he does so and learns about Jehovah's grand purpose for humans. :)

paradise.eternity.glory

I think the whole point that I was gently trying to make is we are all sinners, and Jesus' blood applies to him just as it does to anyone else. I don't sit in judgment of him or his choices, and I hardly think his skill or lack thereof as an actor is relevant to the fact this man was just dealt a death sentence. Regardless of his choices that led up to it, I feel pity for him.

Don't feel bad, it you didn't do it, someone else would have.

I alway thought he was a ticking boom shell. I thought the headlines would read: Charlie Sheen found dead somewhere due to drug overdose.

What a wake up call for the average Joe, but not Charlie, he just told his partners he had HIV, and kept doing it. The only reason he came out to the public, he was was being blackmailed, his money is running very low, so he had to tell the public, to stop the leak. Now, he thinks f his Childrens.

It sad to waking up from a stuper to find out you were not "Winning", you"re the biggest "Loser"

Doing anything Under the Influent is bag. Get it....DUI.

What get's me is the world's mixed-up values.  Ppl that speak out and rightly conclude that he deserves this are labelled as not being tolerant or evil for not accepting him. 

Same is true if we speak out against gay or lesbian - we are labelled as the bad ones for not accepting it!

I'm not saying to condone his actions. I'm just saying I never once seen Jesus put a sinner up for examination the way some people do here. We know his sins because he's in the public eye. We know what type of a debauched life he's lived. Yet, when someone experiences hardship due to a their own stupidly what do we see the bible saying?

Jehovah says my son if only you would listen!

He doesn't say you disgusting dirtbag look at what youve done, you deserve this......he shows regret and pity that his children don't listen to him.

What if this were any of you? Not one of us is without sin. Why are we even called to look at this?