JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Donald Trump urges ban on Muslims coming to US - BBC News

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3021 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

He is SURE to win the election now :lol1:

On a serious note, it is hard not to stereotype :yes: I just remember my boss and how kind he is. That usually does it.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Well looks like Trump got his way - just heard on NPR that the U.S. has banned Muslims from entering the country.  Thought it was interesting that they said "Muslims" instead of Syrian Refugees.  By using the term "muslims" they make it all about the religion.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Well looks like Trump got his way - just heard on NPR that the U.S. has banned Muslims from entering the country.  Thought it was interesting that they said "Muslims" instead of Syrian Refugees.  By using the term "muslims" they make it all about the religion.

I think you misunderstood what you heard.  I cannot find any news where the US has banned Muslims from entering the country.  Can you find a link for us?

He is SURE to win the election now :lol1:

On a serious note, it is hard not to stereotype :yes: I just remember my boss and how kind he is. That usually does it.

Yeah, we'll see how far he gets now.  Either he can fan the flames of the voter's fears or he's just shot himself in the foot.  The media is even portraying him as an idiot.  

I don't see this man lasting until the RNC Convention in July.  

crikey... i swear, if Trump is elected, it will only be to fulfill some sort of prophecy (half joking).  it's nearly unbelievable that such a repulsive, ignorant, mean, immature and disrespectful person has ANY chance of leading a country... and yet, he gains.

it's sorta terrifying...

Sorry but I'm speculating... And loving it! Obama is last USA president. I got until Friday, January 20, 2017 to be on point.

Then they change the title to Dictator? Emperor? 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Overall, Trump has 33% support among likely GOP caucusgoers, followed by Cruz at 20% with Carson at 16%, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio at 11% and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at 4%. The new poll shows Trump up 8 points, Cruz up 9, while Carson has faded by 7 points, compared with the last CNN/ORC poll, conducted in late October and early November.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-ted-cruz-iowa-poll/index.html

As is the case nationally, Trump holds big advantages as the candidate more trusted to handle the economy and illegal immigration, with smaller though still substantial leads on handling ISIS and foreign policy (30% Trump to 21% Cruz, 13% Rubio and 9% Bush). On foreign policy, Trump has increased his advantage on that issue since the early-November poll, when 18% said they thought Trump would do the best job and 14% each Cruz, Rubio and Bush, with Carson at 11%.

Do you wonder if this is an attempt to pull the "Christian conservatives" to Trump - so a person who does NOT pander to that portion of the Republican party can win the Primary?

IF a person who hasn't had to pander to the "Christian Conservatives" in the Republican party won - they might be a better match up for the Democratic party - that CERTAINLY does NOT pander to that portion of constituents - maybe?

To me it is amazing the percentage of the US population that thinks his ideas are GREAT!   :nope:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

This is a new season...people are fed up...even with politics, people want action and change....they are desperate...they see trump as a man of action. I won't be surprise if he wins...stranger things have happened, the iron and the clay not mixing..the people are speaking loudly....America is a democracy, so what the people say goes for the most part.

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

I think you misunderstood what you heard.  I cannot find any news where the US has banned Muslims from entering the country.  Can you find a link for us?

Oops, sorry. Came in on the middle of the story, very possible that I misunderstood.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I don't see Trump pulling "Christian Conservatives" to his camp.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/06/which-presidential-candidate-leads-among-evangelicals-right-now-its-donald-trump/

According to a Washington Post-ABC News poll conducted July 16-19, 20 percent of Republican-leaning voters who are white evangelicals support Donald Trump, compared to 24 percent of GOP voters overall and 25 percent of other white Christians (non-evangelicals and Catholics) who support him.

Evangelical voters appear split between other candidates who are trying to catch up to Trump. Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee depends on evangelicals for support, but he does not lead among evangelicals as he has in the past. Huckabee (12 percent) is closely competing for evangelical support with former Florida governor Jeb Bush (11 percent) and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (14 percent).

For many Christian theologians, however, there's another group in Trump's corner that has them scratching their heads.

Christian conservatives—particularly in Iowa, where they make up the largest voting bloc every four years in the first-in-the-nation Republican Caucus—have become another strong component of the Trump Coalition. Iowa evangelicals who were willing to talk about their support for the candidate have a surprisingly pragmatic view of the Republican front-runner.

Jeff Moorman is a politically engaged Christian from Ankeny, Iowa, where he attends Prairie Ridge Church, an evangelical congregation with historical ties to the Reformed Church in America. He said there are several quality Republican candidates in the field, but that Trump is the only one he feels confident will make positive changes in the important issues American faces.

http://www.charismanews.com/politics/primaries/53522-why-are-some-iowa-christians-backing-trump-here-are-some-answers

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Can I ask why he is so popular?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

my opinion --- MANY feel the same as he does! They may not say it out loud, but they really feel just like he does and when they get in a booth where no one sees how they vote ....... they will pick the guy who sounds like they do. 

Soon .....