JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Donald Trump urges ban on Muslims coming to US - BBC News

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3025 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Can I ask why he is so popular?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

He is speaking to what I believe to be the 'silent majority' in this country.  People are fed up with your run-of-the-mill politicians, most of whom (as in most countries) have made promises they either knew they couldn't keep or had no intention of keeping, in order to get elected.  All talk, no action, and people feel as though what remains of everything they've ever known is going you-know-where in a hand basket.  Enter 'the Donald,' who has a reputation for getting things done. 

Not saying he will, just my reasoning.

Edited by Julsey

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

my opinion --- MANY feel the same as he does! They may not say it out loud, but they really feel just like he does and when they get in a booth where no one sees how they vote ....... they will pick the guy who sounds like they do. 

yep! ... u nailed it.

...   and He will probably buy some of our properties in Brooklyn  

we may never make it to the 2017 igauagration - I think the guy in there now will be the finale

I like March 23rd as an action date!

Edited by timpin

Trump is making things interesting. His call for no more Muslims coming to America is much earlier than I thought would happen.

He can't do anything until he is elected, which may be never. But it gets people thinking of religion.

Most likely I think that the Muslim religion may be the first to go, followed by the rest.

Hang on, it's gunna be a crazy ride!

Yeah, we'll see how far he gets now.  Either he can fan the flames of the voter's fears or he's just shot himself in the foot.  The media is even portraying him as an idiot. . .

crikey. . . it's nearly unbelievable that such a repulsive, ignorant, mean, immature and disrespectful person has ANY chance of leading a country... and yet, he gains.

it's sorta terrifying...

Can I ask why he is so popular?

We were talking about this in service this morning. Whether it's banning Muslims, or shutting down the internet, he's trying to make his name known. Such was the thought of one brother this morning. Come election day, the name that came up most often during the campaign will get the most votes because it's better known than the rest. It doesn't matter so much as to what he said, because people might not even remember who said what, they'll vote for whoever's name comes to mind.

I'm not saying I agree with that. But the name Donald Trump is already well known in the first place. He may be just trying to make it even more known.

But if that's how stupid people are, then yes, they're going to vote for him.

He might be favorable to JWs...

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/29/realestate/commercial/a-conversation-with-jared-c-kushner.html?referer=&_r=0

Maybe this was on another thread... This is the Donald's son in law.

Like I said Trump may be favorable... May!

Oh yes, Jared Kushner! I get it now. His company is one of the new owners of a five-building Watchtower complex in Brooklyn.

See this jw.org video (starting at the 42 second mark).

Edited by Sheep

Folks what we are seeing is simply put....Bible prophesy being fulfilled.  Babylon the great is starting to teeter.  The call goes out to "ban" a certain religion....this is very interesting for us.  Exciting times friends...we have the great privilege of seeing false religion go down.... and most importantly ...our father's name vindicated at long last.  May Jehovah be praised.  Now the challenge we have is to stay as close as we can to Jehovah's organization as follow closely the divinely inspired counsel and directives and to keep our "blinders" on.  Caesar is most certainly a busy-bee these days eh? LOL

It's the same reason why the fascist party National Front is winning the elections in France.

Most people feel that politicians do nothing to resolve the problems that really scare them. Now when somebody comes and suggest some radical measures, the same measures that many people have in their mind but few dare expressing, they are claimed as a messiah.

yep! ... u nailed it.

...   and He will probably buy some of our properties in Brooklyn  

we may never make it to the 2017 igauagration - I think the guy in there now will be the finale

And, yet, March23 is after the next Presidential Inauguration.

yep! ... u nailed it.

... and He will probably buy some of our properties in Brooklyn

After emblems are passed worldwide or no emblems passed at all?

Edit: Trump family (Ivanka) already bought some property. See previous posts.

Edited by Tbs77

There is now a petition of 50,000 signatures, so far, to ban Trump from entering UK.

Edit: I just checked and it is now over 100,000. This means that it has to be debated in Parliament.

There is also a petition to strip him of his honorary degree from Aberdeen University.

Edited by bohemian

What a Wild Wacky World we live in (currently) 

Hmmm...Maybe the new system will be boring, we won't have all of this 'entertainment'...

NOT!  :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

They just played a recording of Trump saying he doesn't care about religion. He might just be the one to make into office cause he has the perfect "who cares what's right" attitude towards doing anything. I could see him ban Muslims and then there will be a cry of injustice and It would be so easy for him to say, fine then no religion...he is just that kind of guy from his attitude.

He must think that just because he makes it into the Office of the President that he can do what he wants. He doesn't seem to realize that he'll have to fight the Congress/Senate/House every step of the way.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

He must think that just because he makes it into the Office of the President that he can do what he wants. He doesn't seem to realize that he'll have to fight the Congress/Senate/House every step of the way.

Not if he is the Emperor!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D