JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Time pass

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, Pjdriver said:

59dbf9238ffc76094c127ca10cceec41.jpg

*Move  1 match (bottom one) on the first digit to make it a 9

*Move 1 match (middle one) from the third digit to the 2nd digit to make it an 8.

*The last digit then becomes a :blink:

Making it a 4 digit number wont work because to make a 1 as a fourth digit on the end it takes 2 sticks, one is too short to make a one.

And  If you move 2 sticks to a fourth column it will leave the remaining sticks undefined.

Move the lower left match on the second digit  up to the middle to make it a nine.  Move the lower left match from the third digit up to the upper right of the first digit and make them both nines.  999 is as high as you can get with a 3-digit number.

The first time I taught middle school, I brought stick matches in for some similar examples. One of the  male students sneaked a match out and went into the boys' rest room and lit a fire. I was informed by the vice principal that I should have broken the heads off the matches before bringing them into school, duh. 

• 2 weeks later...

This was played at our congregation picnic last summer, so I thought it would be fun to play online.

Scripture Trivia:  Can You RECALL?

There are 12 books of the Bible that begin with the letter "J".  Can you name them ALL in your post?

Here are the rules:

1. Honesty policy: no peering into any JW or secular sources. Do not text/email/app anyone in your home, congregation, social media contacts, neighborhood, place of work, school, pioneer class, or anyone else on any other continent. (However, Antarctica is the lone exception.) :D

2. You have ONE chance to post all 12 names, so think carefully!  (Feel free to time yourself.)

3. Don't worry if you miss one or two or more, post the ones you DO recall anyway--someone else will get them ALL from the clues you've left.

Ready?...Go! :D

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

This was played at our congregation picnic last summer, so I thought it would be fun to play online.

Scripture Trivia:  Can You RECALL?

There are 12 books of the Bible that begin with the letter "J".  Can you name them ALL in your post?

Here are the rules:

1. Honesty policy: no peering into any JW or secular sources. Do not text/email/app anyone in your home, congregation, social media contacts, neighborhood, place of work, school, pioneer class, or anyone else on any other continent. (However, Antarctica is the lone exception.) :D

2. You have ONE chance to post all 12 names, so think carefully!  (Feel free to time yourself.)

3. Don't worry if you miss one or two or more, post the ones you DO recall anyway--someone else will get them ALL from the clues you've left.

Ready?...Go! :D

Joshua, Judges, Jeremiah, John, Jude, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Job, Jonah.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quiz Time

A girl went to school & the teacher asked how old are you? She replied I don't know, but I know that I'm half my mother's age. The teacher asked ok how old is your mother? She said I don't know but I know that my Dad is 5 yrs older than my mother. Teacher, how old is yor dad? She said I don't know but I know that if we add our ages the answer is 100 yrs...

1. How old is the girl?

2. How old is the mum?

3. How old is the dad?

All the best...

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

Quiz Time

A girl went to school & the teacher asked how old are you? She replied I don't know, but I know that I'm half my mother's age. The teacher asked ok how old is your mother? She said I don't know but I know that my Dad is 5 yrs older than my mother. Teacher, how old is yor dad? She said I don't know but I know that if we add our ages the answer is 100 yrs...

1. How old is the girl?

2. How old is the mum?

3. How old is the dad?

All the best...

1) The girl is 19

2) The mum is 38

3) The dad is 43

On 4/5/2018 at 1:57 PM, dilip kumar said:

Accounts department67e1c717362a0bfa9aeb9be598e22e91.jpg

“Every elephant saw 2 monkeys”. Were they the same 2 monkeys or did they each see different monkeys?

so it’s either 5 or 25?

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, dilip kumar said:

Quiz Time

1. How old is the girl?

2. How old is the mum?

3. How old is the dad?

All the best...

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 6:58 AM, Witness1970 said:

1) The girl is 19

2) The mum is 38

3) The dad is 43

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, dilip kumar said:

How did you solve it ?

Trial and error.  I started with the girl being 18.  The total was too low.  So I went to 19 and the total was 100.

• 7 months later...

1.  When they first met me they expressed dismay and delight
Soon they began to detest me and wanted me out of sight
Though I have power and backing of the powerful ones,
They abused me for which they were cut off from the land of living ones
I was assigned to teach them humility and spirituality for a time,
But I am nothing in comparison to the one who came after me in my name.

_riddle_...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, kejedo said:

Guess and check is a good strategy that I frequently use on age problems. But if you want the formula:  D = daughter; D plus D = MOTHER;   D plus D plus 5 = Father'

D +D+D+D+D +5 = 100

5D = 95

D =19

I like math. I use formulae like that all the time. But sometimes trial and error works for me.

Edited by Witness1970

• 10 months later...