JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Our Christian Life and Ministry—June 2016

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2795 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Oh my goodness! Because y'all keep talking about the June, 2016 workbook, I decided to check it out (post above was mostly based on hearsay though thoughts are true but you all, by your posts about the June '16 Workbook, encouraged me to look at it). And again, may Jehovah be praised! 

As y'all know, the week of June 6-12 under "Digging for Spiritual Gems" Ps 34:18, How does Jehovah respond to those who are "brokenhearted" and "crushed in spirit" shot at me! It's because my student is sooo depressed trying to cope with the pressures in her situation: single parenting (with a no-good baby daddy not giving any support), other family issues, etc. She's completely torn apart.  Upon seeing this part of the June'16 Workbook...isn't Jehovah sooo good!? 

She's coming over tomorrow for her study and I'm  going to go over just that part with her. She's  so depressed that, even though she came out today (she was running late so met in a park), she wasn't up to do any service. Being clinically depressed myself (bipolar), I completely understood so didn't pressure her. We just sat on the bench, talked, I did a little service in between so she'll see how it's done in the park, but no pressure. Later, we went upstairs to my apartment and boy oh boy! Did she let stuff out as she never did before! 

Anyway, as usual Jehovah came to the rescue...as he ALWAYS does!

• 2 months later...

Hi Brothers/Sisters,

I have a part on June 30, which is BIBLE STUDY (6min. or less) fg lesson3, 2-3 - Conclude by introducing jw.org video - How can we be sure the bible is true? Anyone can help me to do this part. Thanks a lot!

On 17 May 2016 at 4:32 PM, Jowe said:

Hi Brothers/Sisters,

I have a part on June 30, which is BIBLE STUDY (6min. or less) fg lesson3, 2-3 - Conclude by introducing jw.org video - How can we be sure the bible is true? Anyone can help me to do this part. Thanks a lot!

Read the paragraphs and b.texts, questions and then let him answer. Until you covered all, as someone said here you might just tell the video but unnecessarily watch through it. Maybe you can just pass it, when the householder agrees, Bluetooth or air drop it 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hhmmm. Like last month, the three sample presentation videos for this coming week are available on jw.org. But there is also a fourth video in that list about literature distribution in South Africa. Where did that come from? It doesn't seem to be referenced in the June Meeting Workbook. No doubt we will hear something about what it's for at a later date. But in the meantime we can look at it. Is this a scoop we've stumbled on?

Note that the videos in the link are different resolutions of the same three presentations and the South Africa video. The first four links are low-resolution 240p... the last four are HD 720p.

Thank you for the link Eric.  Wow, that South Africa video was indeed heartwarming to watch!

And to that I quote a very familiar scripture saying:  "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached  in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.  -- Matt. 24:14  :)

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

Hhmmm. Like last month, the three sample presentation videos for this coming week are available on jw.org. But there is also a fourth video in that list about literature distribution in South Africa. Where did that come from? It doesn't seem to be referenced in the June Meeting Workbook. No doubt we will hear something about what it's for at a later date. But in the meantime we can look at it. Is this a scoop we've stumbled on?

I can't remember when but there was a video shown at one of our midweek meetings a month or two ago that was not scheduled. The meeting even went a little overtime. The COBE said that this would happen every once in a while. I wonder if it's going to happen again.

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

It's part of the Organizational Accomplishment series that now comes every three months on the local needs part. Remember Sail Amsterdam in March? It's the same section.

2 hours ago, mserskine said:

I believe he is sharing a link that is available to servants.

I showed it to my husband and he said the elders link does not look like the one provided here. Also that the video on South Africa is for later in the month.

11 hours ago, outwalkin said:

How do you get to this link?  When I go to the Workbook I only see MP3, no video choice. 

10 hours ago, mserskine said:

I believe he is sharing a link that is available to servants.

Actually it was a link I got from another topic on this forum; I can't recall which one. You just have to modify it each month...

https://www.jw.org/download/?pub=mwbv&issue=201606&langwritten=E

...just change the "201606" to whichever year and month you want.

21 hours ago, mserskine said:

I can't remember when but there was a video shown at one of our midweek meetings a month or two ago that was not scheduled. The meeting even went a little overtime. The COBE said that this would happen every once in a while. I wonder if it's going to happen again.

19 hours ago, richietj77 said:

It's part of the Organizational Accomplishment series that now comes every three months on the local needs part. Remember Sail Amsterdam in March? It's the same section.

This sounds like the most logical explanation. Thank you both.

Thanks Jonathan and Tim!! I don’t use my Android phone for meetings very much - mostly for service and didn’t see the Show Media icon. I couldn’t find in on my Windows tablet until I swiped from the top to pull up the bar on the bottom of the screen. Always something new to learn!

Note that the videos in the link are different resolutions of the same three presentations and the South Africa video. The first four links are low-resolution 240p... the last four are HD 720p.

Thanks for the link, it works great. Could you please list the steps (what is clicked) from jw.org to get to this are?

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Where will be your house ?

Wonder if the new scrolls will have anything to say about our future addresses?:huh:

If so, my abode will be wherever Jehovah directs it to be.

Since the whole earth will be transformed into a paradise, this is fine with me. ^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif