JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wierd Experiance

21 hours ago, Precision said:

Was it a gentle wake up call or a "wrestling with an angel" like a kick in the head that I sometimes need ?   :D

I wish I could sleep a whole night thru, not the naps that I get during the night.  

I  guess I  should be happy,  not everyone can have 2, two hour naps every night,  with an hour break between them..

That makes me special,  right?...:D

(go ahead, the door is open for anybody:raspberry:)

57 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

Ohhhh...my head hurts...

So much to say...so little time...I don't know where to start....

I will say, you have always been special to me....

:uhhuh:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

I wish I could sleep a whole night thru, not the naps that I get during the night.  

I  guess I  should be happy,  not everyone can have 2, two hour naps every night,  with an hour break between them..

In my eyes, you are fortunate to get that much sleep!  I would love to have at least 4 hours a night!  

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Ohhhh...my head hurts...

So much to say...so little time...I don't know where to start....

I will say, you have always been special to me....

:uhhuh:

Yeah,  that's kinda lame---disappointed,  I are...

More coffee,  try again later?...you know, when you're 'all' there?...lol.

1 minute ago, tekmantwo said:

Yeah,  that's kinda lame---disappointed,  I are...

More coffee,  try again later?...you know, when you're 'all' there?...lol.

Nope. I'm cutting back on the jokes and puns, trying to stay on topic, working on self control..yada, yada, yada....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, shali said:

In my eyes, you are fortunate to get that much sleep!  I would love to have at least 4 hours a night!  

I  hope you get it figured out and can get what you need. I'm just kinda going with it, it's been like this for 40 years  so, it probably won't change anytime soon.  May be an after effect of being a worker drone for all those years. 

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Nope. I'm cutting back on the jokes and puns, trying to stay on topic, working on self control..yada, yada, yada....

Most commendable. ..I wish you success. ..

You will need all the help you can get, I will do my best to not dissuade you...much...:)

Edited by tekmantwo

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Having had 'that' experience,  I would much prefer one of my Spiritual Brothers gently wake me....:blink:

Nothing worse than trying to explain to the on-site safety dept. how you got that big dent in your hardhat...sure messes up all those nice safety stickers.  !    :bringiton:

Just now, Precision said:

Nothing worse than trying to explain to the on-site safety dept. how you got that big dent in your hardhat...sure messes up all those nice safety stickers.  !    :bringiton:

You know,  it's funny,  I  hated wearing them and wouldn't unless the  site required it. I would 'accidentally ' forget to put it back on at times too.

It didn't make good sense to me,  I would be walking around on the highest beams on the jobsite and I still have to wear a hardhat...?

The one and only time something hit me in the head was a chipping hammer,  laying on a beam right next to the ladder, my partner had just gone up the ladder and bumped it off, right onto me....but I was being a good boy and actually had my hard hat on and just happened to be looking down, so it hit me.

If I had been watching,  head up, I would have just caught it....

I did get smashed by something one time and it did open my head up but a hat wouldn't have helped if I had been wearing one...

17 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

You know,  it's funny,  I  hated wearing them and wouldn't unless the  site required it. I would 'accidentally ' forget to put it back on at times too.

It didn't make good sense to me,  I would be walking around on the highest beams on the jobsite and I still have to wear a hardhat...?

The one and only time something hit me in the head was a chipping hammer,  laying on a beam right next to the ladder, my partner had just gone up the ladder and bumped it off, right onto me....but I was being a good boy and actually had my hard hat on and just happened to be looking down, so it hit me.

If I had been watching,  head up, I would have just caught it....

I did get smashed by something one time and it did open my head up but a hat wouldn't have helped if I had been wearing one...

I hear you Tim...We were working a mandated shutdown at the Shell Oil Refinery in the San Juan Islands. When we heard a tremendous crash, on the top deck of the CCU . The crane had just lost a live load. And a brother had just walked under and escaped within seconds of the load coming down. It put a rather large dent in the floor plating. His hardhat wouldn't have saved him. There were quite a few accidents there...tragically at times some were fatal. 

2 minutes ago, Precision said:

I hear you Tim...We were working a mandated shutdown at the Shell Oil Refinery in the San Juan Islands. When we heard a tremendous crash, on the top deck of the CCU . The crane had just lost a live load. And a brother had just walked under and escaped within seconds of the load coming down. It put a rather large dent in the floor plating. His hardhat wouldn't have saved him. There were quite a few accidents there...tragically at times some were fatal. 

Yeah,  you wouldn't walk away from one like that. 

It has been my misfortune to see a couple of men make that long step to the ground.  I  hope I can be there to welcome them back. ...

I was always very careful around cranes, especially so if I was in the cab. I  made it a personal policy to stay very much involved in what was going on outside and if someone looked over at me I would raise both hands, like 'hands up' just so they could visually verify I wasn't doing anything.  I wouldn't either,  unless signaled to move.

I got my hand smashed once because Boomer decided to help me by lowering the hook. I was having some trouble getting the hook and cables to cooperate and he figured to give me some slack. ..he almost got yanked outta the cab for that one, but I had a sore hand---didn't need two of them. ...

Just now, Precision said:

Crane operator, Rigging and Iron work ?   How's the bod holding up ?  Some days good...and other days  :angry_cursing:

Yeah, half my life as a heavy equipment repairman in the I.O.U.E., the other half in various weld shops, mostly big iron work....it took its toll....

Your last sentence sums it up fairly accurately. ...but thats ok, I  have a good medical plan. ..:bible2:

3 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

San Juan Islands looks like it would be a neat place to work. Shutdowns are usually an around the clock event so it would be tough to find any time to do any sight seeing.  I think I would be inclined to live on site, get some fishin in on my downtime....

Great place to live. but the weather in the fall and winter... relentless. And the hours...fatigued and exhaustive.  The fishing right now is not so great. a lot of the Tribal and sports fisheries are shut down because of the drought conditions from last year. Lots of fingerlings didn't survive. 

17 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

I  made it a personal policy to stay very much involved in what was going on outside and if someone looked over at me I would raise both hands, like 'hands up' just so they could visually verify I wasn't doing anything.  I wouldn't either,  unless signaled to move.

>:D< Been there, done that.

It doesn't have anything to do with this topic but I know what you are saying. I've been on both ends of the cable myself a few times...