JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

College students will be facing mandatory ROTC

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2821 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/141711-duterte-mandatory-rotc-male-female-college

There's a 'consensus' in the Duterte Cabinet that making ROTC voluntary has eroded the 'discipline and love for country' of young Filipinos, says Chief Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo

PATRIOTISM.  President Rodrigo Duterte wants  to restore mandatory military training for college students.  Photo by Francis R. Malasig/EPA

PATRIOTISM. President Rodrigo Duterte wants to restore mandatory military training for college students. Photo by Francis R. Malasig/EPA

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte supports mandatory military training for male and female college students to instill discipline and patriotism among young Filipinos, and keep them away from illegal drugs, a Palace official said on Tuesday, August 2.

Rappler.com

Edited by Shawnster

Excerpts or highlights only. Do not post entire stories.,

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

Wow, I thought you were talking about the US.  I would not be surprised if it did happen here, since there is growing support for providing free college for students whose parents can't afford it.  I hope that if the college thing happens, the online courses are exempt.

Yes, it would have been nice if the thread Title had included the word "Philippines" - we live where there is one of the major US Universities and we had not heard about this - since it is in the Philippines, that explains why we had not heard.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

2 hours ago, bohemian said:

What is ROTC? 

Maybe a softer, more gentle version of UK's OTC?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.