JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

First Jehovah’s Witnesses Complete Alternative Civilian Service

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2797 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Good news for a change. :)

The first generation of young Witness men in Armenia to take advantage of the alternative civilian service program are productively working to fulfill their national obligation.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/armenia/jw-complete-alternative-civilian-service/

I was among the first groups of brothers that served social service in Greece in 1999. I served for 3 years in a psychiatric hospital cleaning and caring men and women. It was awful but it was my first experience that Jehovah really can give you strength to face the most disgusting situations. 

2 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

What my faithful brothers such as yourself Pavlos, have had to endure in fulfilling your service to Jehovah, is just so amazing. Yes, you must have seen and experienced things only Jehovah can sustain you through. An inspiration and encouragement for me to think about deeply. 

Thanx Lucy, but if you compare me with other brothers of the past or brothers in Eritrea, it was like I had holidays.

I understand Pavlos. Our situation just doesn't compare with the years of sustained faithful service to Jehovah those brothers have lived under with that much deprivation. Jehovah recently made our whole worldwide brotherhood aware of this through that list on the website. It is for an exchange of encouragement - our worldwide prayers help them, but keeping them in our thoughts and prayers helps us too. Likewise reading faithful experiences in our publications or seeing those moving videos does the same.

But reading it here in this forum adds another layer of encouragement, because we sort of know each other, like a virtual congregation. It helps me to see how it is real, the attacks on our faith can be deflected with utmost trust in Jehovah. We see how your endurance has worked out. We hear how our family are bearing up under much harder circumstances, and it encourages us. Our brother from Venezuela, for instance, has really opened our eyes to what hardships they are enduring. And they must be able to do this only with Jehovah's help. For me personally, I keep remembering the person faithful in least will also be faithful in much, when that is called for. Our trust is in Jehovah to sustain us whatever we go through. And the faithful examples you brothers leave us good reason to keep trusting in Jehovah :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, rbrown1205 said:

Well our Korean brothers are getting a little bit of legal relief...

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2016/08/170_212483.html

You beat me to it .. glad I checked first. :)  It is so good to hear our brothers are starting to get a little bit of consideration. 

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.