JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016

Wednesday, December 7

The word of God is alive and exerts power.—Heb. 4:12.

The Bible contains God’s promises concerning the things that will occur under the rule of his Kingdom. All of Jehovah’s promises are dynamic, not static, because he is constantly working toward their fulfillment. (Isa. 46:10; 55:11) Once a person realizes this about Jehovah’s Word, what he reads in the Bible can exert a powerful force in his life. Yes, Jehovah has put in our hand his living written Word with which we can prove that our message is credible and is from him. No wonder that after writing to the Hebrews, Paul urged his spiritual protégé Timothy to ‘do his utmost to handle the word of the truth aright.’ (2 Tim. 2:15) How can we apply Paul’s counsel? By reading aloud well-chosen scriptures that can touch the hearts of those who will listen to us. The tracts that were released in 2013 were designed to help us do just that. w14 8/15 2:6, 7

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and as the WT comment stated, this needs to be done even inside the congregation as well, sad to say. Of course, this applies to close friendship or intimate association on a social level.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

It is sad but true that we must be careful with our association in the congregation. I know of a whole family who left the truth because they associated with a brother who caused them to have doubts about the goodness of Jehovah. How sad!

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Thursday, December 8

Take your stand against him, firm in the faith.—1 Pet. 5:9.

To do that, we need to prepare our mind and heart, to train ourselves now to do what is right. We do not know what our spiritual warfare may involve in the future. Therefore, would it not be wise to do some significant training during a time of relative peace? Paul wrote to the Corinthians: “Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are.” (2 Cor. 13:5) One way that we can heed Paul’s inspired advice is by making a serious self-examination. Ask yourself such questions as: ‘Do I persevere in prayer? When faced with peer pressure, do I obey God as ruler rather than men? Do I attend Christian meetings regularly? Am I bold in speaking about my beliefs? Do I really try to put up with my fellow believers’ shortcomings—just as they put up with mine? Am I submissive to those taking the lead in the local congregation and to those responsible for doing so in the worldwide congregation?’ w14 9/15 2:16, 17

Friday, December 9

This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood.—Luke 22:20.

When did the new covenant go into effect? Not when Jesus made reference to it on his last night on earth. For it to go into operation, Jesus’ blood had to be poured out and its value had to be presented to Jehovah in heaven. Moreover, the holy spirit needed to be poured out on those who would be “joint heirs with Christ.” (Rom. 8:17) Hence, the new covenant went into effect at Pentecost 33 C.E. when Jesus’ loyal disciples were anointed with holy spirit. Though the former Law covenant was in a sense made “obsolete” when Jehovah announced through Jeremiah that He would conclude a new covenant with Israel, it did not actually end until the new covenant went into effect. (Heb. 8:13) When that happened, God could view both Jewish and uncircumcised Gentile believers in the same light, since their “circumcision is that of the heart by spirit and not by a written code.”—Rom. 2:29. w14 10/15 2:8, 10, 11

Saturday, December 10

Strengthen the hands that hang down and the feeble knees, and keep making straight paths for your feet.—Heb. 12:12, 13.

When Israel’s priesthood was installed, a ram’s blood was applied to the right ear, thumb, and big toe of High Priest Aaron and his sons. (Lev. 8:22-24) This use of blood signified that the priests would obediently do their best to carry out their duties. Similarly, High Priest Jesus set a perfect example for anointed ones and the other sheep. His ear was attuned to God’s guidance. Jesus’ hands were used in carrying out Jehovah’s will, and his feet never strayed from a holy course. (John 4:31-34) Anointed Christians and Jesus’ other sheep must follow the integrity-keeping course of their High Priest. All worshippers of Jehovah must obediently comply with the directives found in God’s Word and thereby avoid grieving his spirit. (Eph. 4:30) They must ‘make straight paths for their feet.’ w14 11/15 2:7, 8

I wonder how the Apostles felt when Jesus made a new covenant with them and then nothing happens for 50 days after he died. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Sunday, December 11

The Kingdom of the heavens is like a dragnet let down into the sea and gathering fish of every kind.—Matt. 13:47.

Jesus likened the preaching of the Kingdom message to all mankind to the lowering of a large dragnet into the sea. Just as such a net indiscriminately catches large numbers of “fish of every kind,” our preaching work attracts millions of people of all kinds. (Isa. 60:5) Not all those attracted to the truth will take a stand for Jehovah. Many have associated with us at our meetings. Others have been willing to study the Bible with us but are not willing to make a commitment. (1 Ki. 18:21) Still others are no longer associating with the Christian congregation. Some youths have been raised by Christian parents and yet have not developed a love for Jehovah’s standards. No matter what the situation, Jesus emphasized that everyone needs to make a personal decision. Those who do are viewed by him as “the precious,” or “desirable,” things “of all the nations.”—Hag. 2:7; ftn. w14 12/15 2:9, 10

Monday, December 12

The one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats and drinks judgment against himself.—1 Cor. 11:29.

Paul warned Memorial partakers: “You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons.” (1 Cor. 10:16-21) If a person who partakes of the emblems at the Lord’s Evening Meal has committed a serious sin, he should seek spiritual assistance. (Jas. 5:14-16) If such an anointed one has produced “fruits that befit repentance,” then he is not showing contempt for Jesus’ sacrifice by partaking of the Memorial emblems. (Luke 3:8) Therefore, as we personally prepare for the Memorial, we would find it beneficial to give prayerful thought to our God-given hope. No dedicated servant of Jehovah and faithful follower of his Son would want to show disrespect for Jesus’ sacrifice by partaking of the Memorial emblems if he or she actually lacks clear evidence of being an anointed Christian. w15 1/15 2:11-13

Someone must be 100% that he has the heavenly hope so he can partake. But even if someome has been called with the heavenly calling he must struggle to enter the narrow way (and the heavenly hope is much narrower!!!) 

Nobody is sure about the final judgement whether of the anointed or the other sheep. We must all work our salvation in the fear of God and until the end(Math 24:13)

Tuesday, December 13

[Be] always ready to make a defense before everyone who demands of you a reason for the hope you have.—1 Pet. 3:15.

Young ones, at school you prove yourselves courageous when you readily identify yourselves as Witnesses of Jehovah, even if doing so means being teased by classmates or others. You thereby show that you are proud to bear Jehovah’s name. (Ps. 86:12) You may face pressure to accept evolution as a fact. But you have sound reasons to be confident of your Bible-based belief in creation. You can use the brochure The Origin of Life—Five Questions Worth Asking to give a convincing answer to those who question your beliefs. Then you will find satisfaction in knowing that you have upheld the truth of God’s Word. As true Christians, we all need to keep “speaking with boldness by the authority of Jehovah.” (Acts 14:3) What reasons do we have to preach with boldness, or courage? We know that what we preach is the truth because it is based on the Bible.—John 17:17. w15 2/15 2:7, 8