JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russian Ambassador to Turkey shot dead at art exhibit

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2682 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I think this is going to be big.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/19/russian-ambassador-to-turkey-wounded-in-ankara-shooting-attack

Reports said Andrei Karlov was attending the opening of an exhibit at a contemporary arts centre when he was attacked. Karlov was several minutes into a speech at the exhibit when a man shouted “Allahu Akbar” and fired at least eight shots, according to an AP photographer who was present.

The attacker also smashed some of the photographs, AP reported. A source told RIA that Karlov had died at the scene.

Other witnesses have been quoted as saying he yelled "We die in Aleppo, you die here!"

He leaves behind a wife and a son.

More here

Perhaps another 'Shot that was heard around the world?"

1 minute ago, ChocoBro said:

Can you say "Franz Ferdinand"? (yes, I know it's hard for non-Germans to pronounce)

We had the same idea--you posted as I was posting!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

50 minutes ago, Doug said:

This won't help our situation in Russia.  The government already considers us as extremist.  If the government retaliates against 'religious extremism', we could be caught up in that.

Well, this, or some other situation,  we know what is heading our way, we are not ignorant of his machinations. ..

Yes, this is an excuse for political revenge by Russia, and others.  We know they don't "learn from the past", ie Franz Ferdinand.  They know what they want to do.  Satan knows this trick so well.  But Jehovah holds the last card.

No wonder our WT studies are so pointed on maintaining our faith NOW.  It's about to get pretty wild.

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

No wonder our WT studies are so pointed on maintaining our faith NOW.  It's about to get pretty wild.

What is the 2017 RC theme?...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

It's this the first terrorist attack against Russia or have there been others? 

Look up 'Chechen terrorists attacks'. There have been many. One involving  a school killed almost 400 people.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Remember the Russian plane filled with holiday makers that was blown out of the sky by "extremist terrorists".  That had a bearing in the intensifying of Russia's involvement in the Syrian conflict. Just don't poke that bear....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-crash-suspects-idUSKCN0V712V

"On 17 November 2015, in the wake of the Russian jet crash over Sinai[161][162][163][164] and the Paris attacks, according to the Russian defence minister′s public report to the president of Russia Vladimir Putin, Russia employed the Russia-based Tu-160, Tu-95MSM, and Tu-22M3 long range strategic bombers firing air-launched cruise missiles to hit what he claimed were the IS targets in Raqqa, Deir ez-Zor as well as targets in the provinces of Aleppo and Idlib.[165][166] The Russian minister of defence said that, pursuant to Putin′s orders, the Russian aviation grouping that at the time comprised more than 50 aircraft was intensifying their campaign" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Syria

On 12/19/2016 at 7:12 PM, Old said:

Look up 'Chechen terrorists attacks'. There have been many. One involving  a school killed almost 400 people.

16 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Remember the Russian plane filled with holiday makers that was blown out of the sky by "extremist terrorists".  That had a bearing in the intensifying of Russia's involvement in the Syrian conflict. Just don't poke that bear....

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-egypt-crash-suspects-idUSKCN0V712V

Thanks!  Forgot about the Russian plane.