JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes in USA West Coast.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2647 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

No .... but there's been three 5.5's and greater ... CNN not reporting yet, but the escmc sites have them all recorded. And people are in at dutchsinse on yt reporting them as they happen. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

45 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

You guys have just had a couple of large earthquakes, you ok?

This is the first I heard of it..In central CA it's all good,  didn't even know. .

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

No .... but there's been three 5.5's and greater ... CNN not reporting yet, but the escmc sites have them all recorded. And people are in at dutchsinse on yt reporting them as they happen. 

If it's only 5.5 I bet none of them even noticed. ...

12 minutes ago, tekmantwo said:

This is the first I heard of it..In central CA it's all good,  didn't even know. .

If it's only 5.5 I bet none of them even noticed. ...

Some are reporting a 6.0 and theres been three of them ... at mount Mammoth. Reported to be biggest quakes in years for the region. 

You guys should be ok if it just stays at this level. But enough to worry people.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/seismologist.php

There you go you will be able to see just how many 5.0's and greater you guys are getting.

Shallow quake of magnitude 5.8 hits Nevada - USGS

An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.8 struck 29 km (18 miles) west south west of Hawthorne, Nevada, in the United States on Wednesday, the United States Geological Survey said. The quake's depth was about 19 km, according to the USGS website, which also reported an aftershock of magnitude 5.7, given at a depth of 0.0 km.

Those pesky gold miners are blasting again....:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

Shallow quake of magnitude 5.8 hits Nevada - USGS

An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.8 struck 29 km (18 miles) west south west of Hawthorne, Nevada, in the United States on Wednesday, the United States Geological Survey said. The quake's depth was about 19 km, according to the USGS website, which also reported an aftershock of magnitude 5.7, given at a depth of 0.0 km.

Those pesky gold miners are blasting again....:whistling:

My son live just north of the epicenter in Carson City. He text me right after it happened.  I text back Matt.24 in one place after another.  It was his first earthquake and he said it rolled and he heard a rumble. I doubt if this is the one that will give Las Vegas Ocean views but I hope trottigy is keeping his chesterfield available for Musky just in case.  :lol:

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

1 hour ago, vern said:

wonder which thing the world has done to make earth quakes happen more often...  HARRP/   fracking....... something else?  rev. 11:18....

Camping my dear friend ...camping... people need to stop hammering tent pegs into the ground   :lol1:

And you know how many trampolines are sold around the world ? All these jumping kids are rocking the earth!  :loopy:

Not to mention parachutes making impact upon landing! LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

9 minutes ago, The Deej said:

It might have to do with everyone growing beards our west and tipping the earth off it's axis....lol?

It was close to the Calif/Nevada border so it might have been a rush of people leaving California or a bunch of people from Nevada trying to move to California. ..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

19 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

It was close to the Calif/Nevada border so it might have been a rush of people leaving California or a bunch of people from Nevada trying to move to California. ..

This is conspiracy theory and should be moved to a "speculation" section   :lol1:

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

13 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

This is conspiracy theory and should be moved to a "speculation" section   :lol1:

Isn't Area 53 located there? :o