JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Music thread!

"Why aye Man!" =Geordie greeting (North East England dialect) We hear this lilting dialect when we go to our District Convention on the shore of the Tyne at Newcastle and join our NE brothers. The Mark Knopfler (Local to the area, as is Sting and Hank Marvin)song is about all the men who had to go to Germany for work as builders during the recession when Mrs Margaret Thatcher was our Prime Minister and closed down local industries such as the collieries to break the Unions all over the country not just NE UK. Maggie's Farm (named after Margaret Thatcher ) mentioned in the song was the nickname of the massive Navy nuclear submarine building sheds - biggest buildings in Europe - in my old hometown of Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria that also provided work for thousands of unemployed men from all over Britain - but not JW's of course!

Here's another OTT spine-tingler = Queen - Who wants to live forever? (Feel free to shout Me! in the chorus:laugh:)

Brian May - a great guitarist and Professor of Astronomy

Gotta be Classical gas by Tommy Emmanuel .....sheer talent....

Go, Tommy!! Most talented guitarist on the planet...Saw him live here in San Diego last year--unbelievable talent...We were privileged to meet and chat with him backstage afterwards. And he signed one of my bro-in-laws guitars! What a genuinely nice, humble man.

Thanks for posting, Steve!

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Adele rolling in the deep

She also has 'someone like you' and 'chasing pavements' that I really like. I love the video, where they've done a contemporary dance piece, while LYING DOWN!

Like Simon mentioned above, I'm all over the board when it comes to music as well.

Find Yourself - John O'Callaghan

Egyptian Pop - Belly Dance Video

The one above, I couldn't find anywhere else but a belly dance video - if you're offended please report and then Bob can remove.

The one above, I couldn't find anywhere else but a belly dance video - if you're offended please report and then Bob can remove.

After much deliberation I decided to post this video of Pendulums - Slam.

This is a different type of belly dancing and is the official video of this artist. It could give people some ideas on keeping fit :eek:. Or Maybe not! Hope you enjoy the tune and the dancing. :whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWnpwV63KiY&ob=av3e