JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your Favorite Beer?

What is

post-204-0-59668900-1368828621.jpg

Internationally, people have different taste for beer. Some like it light, dark, green, lite or full flavor and cold or warm. How do the brother and sisters like their beer. I live in an area that grows internationally renowned `Hops' and the town just had their annual Hop Festival, so it always come up in conversation among the Brothers.

Edited by lynn

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

What is your

55404=2891-FavoriteŠBeeRý.png Internationally' date=' people have different taste for beer. Some like it light, dark, green, lite or full flavor and cold or warm. How do the brother and sisters like their beer. I live in an area that grows internationally renowned `Hops' and the town just had their annual Hop Festival, so it always come up in conversation among the Brothers.[/quote'] Oh boy.. my favourite topic .:loopy: well almost favourite I really like this one .................... Woodford's Wherry. and this is great too ... Norfolk Nog want one now ! :whistling:

55667=2909-wherry.jpeg

55667=2910-Nog.jpeg

It was Coors,but my livers gone kaput

so I mostly drink water and lemon.:sick:

I like Coors too. I have a sister-in-law with less than 5% of her liver left and it is really scary as she passes out and remains in a coma for days. Take good care of yourself and I pray you never get like her.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Corona. With Lemon. :)

Here it is Corona with a lime.

Corona = yuck.

Corona + lime = amazingly yum!

Although I haven't had it in quite a while, and the last time I had one I didn't care for it and was wishing for something else.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

We used to have this brewery as our neighbour when we had a shop on Cockermouth Main Street. Our shop is just around the corner, up the hill now.The brewery suffered dreadfully in the disasterous floods of November 2009 (on Youtube). Thankfully our shop was just above the waterline when the river burst in on the town, but they've refurbished and are back in business. There's been a brewery here belonging to the nearby castle for nearly a thousand years. Jennings bought it in 1874 as their Lorton village brewery was too small and the castle brewery well-water was purer. They make beers with funny and historical names. My husband's favourite is Snecklifter:In northern dialect sneck means door latch and a sneck lifter was a man’s last sixpence which enabled him to lift the latch of a pub door and buy himself a pint, hoping to meet friends there who might treat him to one or two more.

57282=3013-snecklifter..jpg

57282=3014-Jenningsbrewery.jpg http://www.jenningsbrewery.co.uk/beers/beer.aspx?cat=sea&bid=24

Chilling liquids changes how they taste, it closes down most of the bitter flavors, which enhances any sweet flavors and is refreshing on hot days. That's why white wine tends to be served chilled. Pilsners, lagers and other light beer are particularly noted for this. Pubs/Bars here serve light lager-beer chilled and dark beer at cool cellar temperature as they are kept in casks in the cellars and pumped up to the taps at the bar.

Many Brits prefer darker beer: stouts, porters and bitter ales which are very different from lager beers and have to be kept and treated differently. While most of the world drinks lager-style beers, in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland ale is very popular.

While lager beers are bottom-fermented, light-coloured beers that usually have a frothy head, ales are darker and many without the distinctive head. However, Ales are brewed by warm fermentation, and carry on fermenting in the cask, so cannot be kept too chilled and giving a more complex taste. Serving English ale too chilled would lose some of that flavour which makes it so enjoyable and kill the secondary fermentation. Therefore, ale is served at cellar temperature, between 10°C and 14°C hardly what you would call warm. http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=180651 (Campaign for Real Ale that has beer festivals in the bigger bars/pubs around the country every year):drink:

• 1 month later...

Tilford, the "Cask Marque" website has this to say:

Cask Ales

To experience all the smells and tastes that the brewer wants you to, cask ale must be dispensed at the correct temperature. If the beer is too warm unpleasant and unplanned aromas will be given off, too cold and the clean, fresh, vibrant tastes will be lost.

The recommended dispense temperature of the majority of brewers is between 11 - 13°C. Cask Marque audits to a required range of 10-14°C allowing a little leeway.

Some cask ales are meant to be dispensed at lower temperatures, particularly summer beers. These have been specially brewed in order that no chill haze ocurrs at temperatures where other cask ales might be affected.

Standard Lagers & Keg Products

Standard lagers and keg should be dispensed between 5 - 8°C.

Extra Cold Products

ice_cold_beer

The trend these days is towards colder products and many pubs and bars will be using glycol cooling systems and flash coolers in order to dispense 'extra cold' products. These are normally dispensed between 0 - 5°C depending on the equipment.

Bottled Products

Bottled beers should be served at between 4 - 6°C.

lookOut_02.jpg

Sneck-Lifter - great name for a great beer.

I also like Hopback Summer Lightning (in the summer), Marston's Pedigree, and Theakston's Old Peculier.

oldpeculier.png

Among lager-style beers, they just have to be Czech!

Pilsner Urquell, Budvar, Staropramen, Velkopopovicky Kozel etc. etc.

• 4 weeks later...