JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1362 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

10 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Don't give him too much praise ... if his head gets too big it won't fit in the shell in times of dire emergency ... and that could get messy.

:D Don't worry. ..I know that too much praise is bad... but not giving the credit to the one who deserves it is bad too...

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

10 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Did anyone here write a Russian Embassy?

Have the letters been refused or returned?

Yes, we wrote, but no returned letters till now. If there were any problems, the Branch would have announced that. On the contrary, the elders told us that they were announced that we could send the letters even after April 1st. 

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

10 minutes ago, Daniela said:

:D Don't worry. ..I know that too much praise is bad... but not giving the credit to the one who deserves it is bad too...

that rule doesn't apply to turtles. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

7 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

The media is being fed by those above, and have their agenda.  Call it fake news, call it conspiracy, lies, threats, whatever.  It's anything but the truth these days.  So, are we surprised that a controlled country such as Russia, (which felt it was ok to just annex a peninsula in Crimea because they needed more port space), would report the truth through their government controlled media?

We can anticipate this may go against us, and if it does, what comes next (in due course) will surprise them. Bring on the end. May Jehovah show them soon what the truth really is, and keep fortifying us all.  May you brothers and sisters in the front lines in Russia be blessed with abundant courage and know we love you very much.  It will turn for us too soon and your brave example will spur us on!

You know, I think we all should not believe what they say in the news. I am sure many things you heard about Russia are not true. It is called " information war"(smth like this:-)

6 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

You're right Victoria, all news is biased.  Except the Good News :)

With regard to your question above, since I've not had to think about it before, I think I need to research a bit.  Off the top of my head, all humans are entitled to live with basic freedoms, including freedom of religion.  How this specifically entails a Christian's relationship with Jehovah, I think it might not be a straight yes or no.  It depends on your own circumstances.  Balance that with not wanting to avoid the issue of supporting Jehovah's sovereignty, despite difficulties.  Many principles come into play.

Jehovah has prepared in advance what will happen remover the Israelites had Egyptians coming to kill them and no way would u expect the Red Sea to open up dry grown and Jehovah blocked the Egyptians to see. We all know the outcome....

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

in the instruction in dutch was also the address of the Russian consulate in Den Haag

I wrote a letter to them; no letter was returned also I helped my parents to sent one there was no returning there as well

I don't know what they did whith them maybe we will never know, nevertheless it was a privilege to have shared in this campaign and feal more connected to the worldwide brotherhood

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html

Court resumes in @ 1 and 1/2 hours, hopefully we can follow it again as we did yesterday - since it begins at 2PM Russian time, it should only be @ a three Hour session.  

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/lyudmila-alekseyeva-interview/

Lets continue to do our part be going full force forward with our Memorial invitation campaign! 

Stay focused - only 5 days left!

Edited by timpin

Anton Chivchalov, our brother who is a journalist, did a good job from the court room, it was absolutely thrilling to follow him: @Chivchalov.

Gesendet von meinem Z10 mit Tapatalk

Just to make sure that nobody gets it wrong the brother just confirmed that he is not at the court, not even in Russia, just translating from the official sources.

Gesendet von meinem Z10 mit Tapatalk

it starts .....

https://jw-russia.org/pages/17040614-132.html

12:00 Weather in Moscow is warm and sunny. Near the entrance to the court formed a large human place. Working television journalists. Among those present a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. A marked increase in security measures. Directly at the entrance there is a bus with the police. At the input it is carried out a thorough inspection. Inside the building are not skipped any liquids. The employees of the Supreme Court, organizing hearings, doing their job professionally and smoothly. Despite the large number of students, there are no failures.

Edited by Samira

12:00 The weather in Moscow is warm and sunny. Near the entrance to the court a large number of people were formed. Television journalists work. Among those present, there is a calm, friendly atmosphere. Noticeable increased security measures. Directly at the entrance there is a bus with police officers. At the entrance is a thorough search. Inside the building, no liquids are allowed to pass through. Employees of the Supreme Court, organizing hearings, carry out their work professionally and in harmony. Despite the large number of listeners, there are no failures.