JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1362 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2 minutes ago, Tbs77 said:

And how much is a dose of holy spirit? emoji6.png

I'm not an expert in measures.:wub:  I think Elisha could answer better. I only know that Jehovah can offer different "doses"...:D

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

I see no indication as of yet that the letters are even being delivered.  They are probably all in some warehouse somewhere.

what makes you feel that way sis. shali?although i sent my 3 letters to the nigerian russian embassy but im optimistic its gonna get right onto mr putin's table right in his office,and that is why i put great care and precision in my writings.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, shali said:

I heard an report that the officials have refused delivery of the letters and they are just setting in the post office storeroom. Russian embassies have been instructed to return any letters they get to sender.

Are you sure about that, Shali?  What is your source for that statement? I think, if Putin told them to get rid of the letters, they would rather prefer to burn them, than to spend money/or efforts  for returning them to sender.

Edited by Daniela

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

7 minutes ago, shali said:

I heard an report that the officials have refused delivery of the letters and they are just setting in the post office storeroom. Russian embassies have been instructed to return any letters they get to sender.

Wow!  :(:angry:

1 minute ago, Daniela said:

Are you sure about that, Shali?  What is your source for that statement? I think they would rather prefer to burn them, than to spend money/or efforts  for returning them to sender, if Putin told them to get rid of the letters.

Doesn't cost them money......if they don't open the letter and return to sender...

1 minute ago, Samira said:

Doesn't cost them money......if they don't open the letter and return to sender...

OK.  I agree on that. How would they know if the sender is a JW?

Anyway...what I want to say if there is a reliable source that they return the letters. 

Central Federal District

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" PROTEST AGAINST THEIR LIQUIDATION AT THE SUPREME COURT BUILDING

Печать

f27adb054d6df51dddd72a5cab2e34f2.jpgPhoto © "Civil forces.ru"

05-APR-2017 09:42:44

On April 5, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation, within the framework of the first meeting, examines the suit of the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation on the recognition of the extremist organization by the religious organization "The Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia".

If a positive decision is taken, the Jehovah's Witnesses and organizations controlled by it that carry out activities in the Russian Federation will automatically be liquidated, and all property belonging to it will be transferred to the state.

As it became known to the publication, the leaders of the "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia", with the coordination of the western maternal church, intend to re-register the real estate owned by the organization, to foreign Fifi and -Iurlits, and to withdraw financial resources abroad. Appropriate instructions have already been given to the leaders of the sect's regional cells. At the same time, she demanded that the parishioners destroy the literature received earlier, and collect donations allegedly with financial difficulties that the church faced.

As a response to the liquidation of the religious organization, its leadership decided to send to the leadership of the Russian Federation (the President of the Russian Federation, the Prime Minister of Russia, the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Justice, etc.) mass appeals of the adepts of the sect, allegedly written from ordinary citizens, "Witnesses of Jehovah."

On April 5, on the day of the RF Armed Forces meeting, "Jehovah's Witnesses" organized mass actions in support of their interests at the court building.

VFL.RU - ваш фотохостинг

VFL.RU - ваш фотохостинг

VFL.RU - ваш фотохостинг

VFL.RU - ваш фотохостинг

"Jehovah's Witnesses" are known primarily as active propagandists.

It is known that the adherents of the sect are engaged in propaganda of the idea aimed at destroying the family, inciting inter-religious strife. They also oppose the use of donor blood, service in the army. To recruit new followers, distribute religious literature and propagate their ideology, "Jehovah's Witnesses" use mainly the Internet.

In Moscow there are more than 20 such organizations, there are more than 350 in the country. The total number of followers of the cult in Russia is more than 170 thousand people.

Tags: "Jehovah's Witnesses", Supreme Court of the Russian Federation
Печать

•  

55 minutes ago, shali said:

Can we add that to the "Unconfirmed " list for now?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Daniela said:

Are you sure about that, Shali?  What is your source for that statement? I think, if Putin told them to get rid of the letters, they would rather prefer to burn them, than to spend money/or efforts  for returning them to sender.

14 railcar loads of letters scattered through six different offices? Whether they stamp them "Return To Sender" or just burn them unopened we provided employment for a few bureaucrats. :)

1 hour ago, Samira said:

I would think they would have to look at the letters, might be a check in the mail, after all, it appears that some in the US government might be owing some payments to top Russian friends.  8-)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

52 minutes ago, Margaret said:

"JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" PROTEST AGAINST THEIR LIQUIDATION AT THE SUPREME COURT BUILDING

I hate when they speak about us using words like "sect", "propaganda", their "leaders", recruit new followers, etc. I simply can not digest that!:angry:

This has nothing to do with you, Margaret.:kisscheek:

16 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

This is an interesting news item...visit planned around Memorial time..We wrote to this minister...maybe he will discuss some of his letters with the US representative..:o

Screenshot_2017-04-05-17-16-43-1.png

Do I see a hand off here?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

25 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

You're good,  Richard! I have to read that whole thread...tomorrow !

I have to go to bed now. It's very late here. :wave:

Edited by Daniela

36 minutes ago, Daniela said:

You're good,  Richard! I have to read that whole thread...tomorrow !

I have to go to bed now. It's very late here. :wave:

Don't give him too much praise ... if his head gets too big it won't fit in the shell in times of dire emergency ... and that could get messy.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

4 hours ago, Jahleadsme said:

It was officially announced after today's midweek meeting at the platform that Jehovah’s witnesses have won the case against Russian government. When I heard this I had to rush to the jw newsroom to read for myself.... I found no information about that ... I'm confused... Had the case been decided???

Sent from my TECNO_P5_PLUS using Tapatalk

Eesh.  I feel sorry for the brother who announced that. . .

2 hours ago, shali said:

Russian embassies have been instructed to return any letters they get to sender.

Did anyone here write a Russian Embassy?

Have the letters been refused or returned?

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D