JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1390 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I will go ahead and post my thoughts among friends.  I keep hearing friends say that Jehovah's Will will prevail.  I know that Jehovah wants his worshippers to be able to preach and live without persecution but does that mean that the verdict will be in our favor?  If Jehovah instills it into the hearts of man to do away with religion then could this not be his will?  Im just anxious for the verdict because I thought I would know by now....

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

11:00 The court refused to accept a counterclaim on recognizing the actions of the Ministry of Justice as political repressions. The judge considered accepting objections to the claim as a sufficient measure of defense for the defendant.
11:15 Representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses petition for the admission of representatives of all 395 local religious organizations to participate in the case. Lawyer Zhenkov: "If believers across Russia are deprived of their rights, let them hear it here in court." Local religious organizations, contrary to the logic of the Ministry of Justice, are not structural units of each other, but independent legal entities.
11:20 Omelchenko's lawyer gives an example: "According to the logic of the Ministry of Justice, it turns out, we must pass a sentence: Shoot the ataman. And his whole platoon. "

---------------AfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluEnglish
Open in Google Translate

2 minutes ago, shali said:

The trial should of already started.

It's over for today and will resume tomorrow.  The full text is available on jw-russia. org in Russian. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Here is the latest:

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html
10:58

Big beautiful courtroom crowded. There are more than 200 people, including many journalists, representatives of public organizations and foreign embassies. The hearing began at 10:30.

A little less than 250 people were left on the street waiting for the results of the hearing. Cook Street in Moscow is filled with cars with transmitting television antennas. Occurring remove numerous chamber. Of police radios periodically hear the message "All is calm, without incident." In the hall representatives of embassies and international organizations in the headphones listening to the process of translation.

The case was heard Judge Yuri Ivanenko. The defendant, "the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia" are 6 persons, including Vasily Kalin of the Steering Committee, as well as lawyers. The representative of Ministry of Justice of Russia - Svetlana Borisova. Attached to the case with the defendant's objections to the applications in 35 volumes.

The court allowed the photographing and video recording only when the announcement of the final act. However, there is no record of obstacles. In the hall there are about 40 members of the media, they occupy the first rows of the audience.

11:00 The court refused to accept a counter claim for recognition of the Ministry of Justice acts of political repression. The judge described the passage of objections to the claim sufficient measure of protection for the defendant.
11:15 Representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses apply for admission to participation in the case of representatives of all 395 local religious organizations. Lawyer little wife: "If believers throughout Russia will be deprived of their rights, let them hear it here in court." Local religious organizations, contrary to the logic of the Ministry of Justice, are not the structural units of each other, but separate legal entities.
11:20 The lawyer Lew gives an example: "The logic of the Ministry of Justice, it turns out, it is necessary to impose a sentence: Shoot chieftain. And his whole platoon. "
11:25 The court rejected the enlistment of the 395 local organizations as a respondent.
11:30 Jehovah's Witnesses have asked the court to allow audio broadcasting the trial. The court refused.
11:35 Lawyers for the Jehovah's Witnesses are asking the court to adjourn the hearing pending the outcome of another case in another court. It is an appeal to the Court of Justice order the suspension of the activities of organizations .
11:42 The Ministry of Justice objected, because it believes that the authorities had every right to suspend the activities of organizations.
11:45 The court refused to postpone the hearing.

16 hours ago, shali said:

For some reason I was thinking that "today" (to us) was tomorrow in Russian.

Russia includes in tomorrowland for US/Brazil sis Brigette... :) 

Edited by Alexa

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

3 minutes ago, shali said:

For some reason I was thinking that "today" (to us) was tomorrow in Russian.

Sometimes it is....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 minutes ago, LeslieDean said:

I work nights tonight so I will be watching at 0400!  Thank you all!

That's 04:00 tomorrow,  California time. Adjust that for your time zone.

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html
10:58

Big beautiful courtroom crowded. There are more than 200 people, including many journalists, representatives of public organizations and foreign embassies. The hearing began at 10:30.

A little less than 250 people were left on the street waiting for the results of the hearing. Cook Street in Moscow is filled with cars with transmitting television antennas. Occurring remove numerous chamber. Of police radios periodically hear the message "All is calm, without incident." In the hall representatives of embassies and international organizations in the headphones listening to the process of translation.

The case was heard Judge Yuri Ivanenko. The defendant, "the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia" are 6 persons, including Vasily Kalin of the Steering Committee, as well as lawyers. The representative of Ministry of Justice of Russia - Svetlana Borisova. Attached to the case with the defendant's objections to the applications in 35 volumes.

The court allowed the photographing and video recording only when the announcement of the final act. However, there is no record of obstacles. In the hall there are about 40 members of the media, they occupy the first rows of the audience.

11:00 The court refused to accept a counter claim for recognition of the Ministry of Justice acts of political repression. The judge described the passage of objections to the claim sufficient measure of protection for the defendant.
11:15 Representatives of Jehovah's Witnesses apply for admission to participation in the case of representatives of all 395 local religious organizations. Lawyer little wife: "If believers throughout Russia will be deprived of their rights, let them hear it here in court." Local religious organizations, contrary to the logic of the Ministry of Justice, are not the structural units of each other, but separate legal entities.
11:20 The lawyer Lew gives an example: "The logic of the Ministry of Justice, it turns out, it is necessary to impose a sentence: Shoot chieftain. And his whole platoon. "
11:25 The court rejected the enlistment of the 395 local organizations as a respondent.
11:30 Jehovah's Witnesses have asked the court to allow audio broadcasting the trial. The court refused.
11:35 Lawyers for the Jehovah's Witnesses are asking the court to adjourn the hearing pending the outcome of another case in another court. It is an appeal to the Court of Justice order the suspension of the activities of organizations .
11:42 The Ministry of Justice objected, because it believes that the authorities had every right to suspend the activities of organizations.
11:45 The court refused to postpone the hearing.

I tried to use Google Translate when I did not see a translation anywhere, but the option is there now, so I will stop.

I appreciate, not only the translation, but after the translation of the transcript, the brothers responded to the accusations made by the Russian prosecutors.

Edited by rbrown1205

Ahhh. 0600 is not as conveient due to PICC lines, lab draws, iV antiobitics and preparing shift report.  I will give  someone my phone number if they plan on being up and watching at that time,  text me ASAP what you learn.  Sort of  sharing a special bonding moment re a historical event ?  I'll keep my cell phone in my pocket to receive the information.

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

15:28 The court declared a break until April 6, 2017 14:00.

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html     (using 'google translate')

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If you bring up the site in Chrome and right click the mouse, you can translate the page into English.

Thanks.  I think that I used another browser the first time.  I did not even know about the right click, but noticed the translate symbol in Chrome, which is also on the brothers' sites, and I appreciate how they made that available for us, and explained it.   At first I tried to use Babelfish, but it did not have a Russian translator.

I use Google products a lot, and have been planning to learn more about what they have.  This is a good time to do that, especially since Google and Yahoo are reportedly going to work together, with verizon and AOL.

I saw this on Twitter but I don't have a source.

" THE DECISION TO BAN JWs IN RUSSIA HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL THURSDAY. "

https://twitter.com/copeseticlady

~We were sent to preach not to judge~ 

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

:) 

VOROKHOBINO, Russia — A dedicated pacifist who has never even held a gun, Andrei Sivak discovered that his government considered him a dangerous extremist when he tried to change some money and the teller “suddenly looked up at me with a face full of fear.”

His name had popped up on the exchange bureau’s computer system, along with those of members of Al Qaeda, the Islamic State and other militant groups responsible for shocking acts of violence.

Read more.... https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/world/europe/russia-moves-to-ban-jehovahs-witnesses-as-extremist.html?_r=3&referer=https://t.co/vo1cODKalu

~Be kind to one another because all of us are suffering one way or another. This is our refuge from oppression~

3 hours ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I heardly believe that the world media keeps silence and doesn't say anything since morning about the court hearing in Russia. Even BBC didn't say anything. 

If this was a gay rights issue the media would be all over it.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

3 minutes ago, Sally said:

VOROKHOBINO, Russia — A dedicated pacifist who has never even held a gun, Andrei Sivak discovered that his government considered him a dangerous extremist when he tried to change some money and the teller “suddenly looked up at me with a face full of fear.”

His name had popped up on the exchange bureau’s computer system, along with those of members of Al Qaeda, the Islamic State and other militant groups responsible for shocking acts of violence.

Read more.... https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/world/europe/russia-moves-to-ban-jehovahs-witnesses-as-extremist.html?_r=3&referer=https://t.co/vo1cODKalu

I didn't know the consequences of our Brothers and Sisters situation to this degree if they are classified as extremists. How ironic and horrible for the most peaceful people on the planet to be viewed as and treated as the vilest of criminals! Isn't that how our Lord, Jesus was treated? 

“Happy are you when people reproach you and persecute you and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.”—MATTHEW 5:11

This is an appropriate Watchtower article for all of us: Persecuted yet Happy http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004803

Sending my love to all!

Sally