JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1383 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Gregexplore,

My pleasure. I do understand how you feel brothers.

I'll try to make myself available for tomorrow as well.

Thanks ... don't try... Be Here LOL 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I think it is interesting that it isn't going to be resumed till 2PM tomorrow.  In the meantime they can all have a good old chat and see what they can come up with to try and bring us down.  Trouble is, they don't know who they're messing with.  I can just imagine Jehovah, Jesus and the angels all watching from the heavens  .. except for the angels who are assigned to the Memorial campaign of course.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

2 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Waiting for a report that one of the brothers to threw down his jacket so it became a snake. :D

Hahahaha..... Jehovah always does it in style. I would not rule out that...hahahah

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

59 minutes ago, sunshine said:

For Linda:

The brothers asked: Can the Jehovah's Witnesses from America, Europe and other countries speak take part, after all the Bethel buildings  you want to take belongs to THEM?

The court said: No.

The brothers asked:  Will you let individual witnessess that have been helped by the Jehovah's Witnesses

The court says, no, we are only against the Watchtower organization not individual witnesses.

The brothers remind the court that this law will say that individual witnesses become criminals so  it is not just our Watchtower printing.

The court says:  Don't care, the answer is no!

The Brothers ask: will you let us explain what we do to make sure we don't become "extremist"

The court say: ok.

Thank you Sunshine!

its been a really depressing day for me today constantly trying to imagine what's going on in the courtroom in russia and wishing i was there and being allowed to say something.its really hard for me to stop being afraid,but im clinging tight to my hope and trust in Jehovah.
please brothers does anyone have an idea how the hearing went today? i mean in detail please.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, ishaya moses said:

its been a really depressing day for me today constantly trying to imagine what's going on in the courtroom in russia and wishing i was there and being allowed to say something.its really hard for me to stop being afraid,but im clinging tight to my hope and trust in Jehovah.
please brothers does anyone have an idea how the hearing went today? i mean in detail please.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

Just go back a few pages in this thread and you can read the entire transcript.  

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Brother Ishaya, don't be depressed, even if we lose this particular battle, we will win the WAR (spiritually speaking of course, don't want my remarks to be taken as a call to "extremism").  The spiritual war, under Christ Jesus our king.

Here's the link to a summary of events (you need to use google to translate the page)

https://jw-russia.org/news/17040510-129.html

Read back on this thread from about page 40 there are some very encouraging comments and scriptures.  If the Russian brothers have the "Egyptians" in front of them and the "Red sea" behind them, they still have no need to panic, or be sad or depressed, because Jehovah is watching over them.

R.

Title:

Reporting: the Supreme Court is hearing a case on the prohibition of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses in the courtroom. 

Caption:
The Supreme Court of Russia started hearings on the lawsuit on the liquidation of Jehovah's Witnesses. A textual report is being conducted from the courtroom.

(using Google translator)

Edited by rbrown1205

addition of the title.

The BBC are reporting on today's court case. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39500648

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

54 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:
15:28 The court declared a break until April 6, 2017 14:00.

That will be 04:00 Thursday morning in California...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

And I'm back, so thanks to all keeping the fires brightly burning.  Seems like we can all go to bed, keep praying, stay focused on the end game.  We'll be back again 2pm tomorrow Moscow time, or

7pm Perth

9pm Melbourne

11pm Auckland

12 noon London

4am Los Angeles

7am New York

10:58
The large beautiful courtroom is crowded. There are more than 200 people, including numerous journalists, representatives of public organizations, foreign embassies. The hearing began at 10:30.

A little less than 250 people remained on the street to wait for the results of the hearing. Povarskaya Street in Moscow is filled with cars with TV transmitting antennas. Many cameras are taking off. From the police radios, the messages "Everything is calm, without incident" are periodically heard. In the hall, representatives of embassies and foreign organizations in the headphones listen to the translation of the process.

The case is heard by Judge Yu. Ivanenko. The party of the defendant, the "Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia", represents 6 people, including Vasily Kalina from the steering committee, as well as lawyers. Representative of the Ministry of Justice of Russia - Svetlana Borisova. The defendant's objections to the case are added together with the annexes in 35 volumes. The court allowed photography and video recording only when the final act was announced. However, for audio recording there are no obstacles. About 40 media representatives are present in the hall, they occupy the first rows in the hall.