JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1452 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

3:30 pm
 Witness Vilen Kantere, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Honored Worker of Science and Technology.  Representative of the plaintiff Toporov: "When you became a Witness of Jehovah 25 years ago, did you pursue extremist goals?" Witness: "God forbid!  No, of course! "The witness explains that this is incompatible with the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Axes: "Do you use the materials included in the FSEM?" The witness explains that, as a law-abiding citizen, he destroyed these publications.  (However, Kantere says that he leaves aside the question whether he agrees with the fact that these publications are included in the FSEM.) Dozens of his students defended candidate and doctoral dissertations.  His religion does not contradict his scientific activity.  Asked by the representative of the Ministry of Justice, he explains that his religion does not hinder the receipt of higher education.  As a scientific worker, he believes that education must be treated responsibly. 

AFTERNOON SESSION (Simplified)

14"30  The MoJ (their lawyers) continues to ask our Brothers question: 

- what did you do after the authorities declared you dangerous to prevent your members becoming extremists.

THE JUGDE intevenes:  If they did nothing, would that justify banning them? I mean are you a terrorist because you DIDN'T do something or because you did something?

MoJ: No, that's not what I'm saying

THE JUDGE :  Then why are you blaming them for "not acting"?

14"45 The MoJ wants to present an internal letter that proves the congregations are "branches" of the Bethel Headquarters.  The document wasn't sent to the congregations nor was it written BY the congregation and nobody has confirmed whether  it's fake or not so that is put aside for the moment.

14"58  MoJ asks to interview ex-Witnesses.  Judge says OK.  But first we hear from Active WITNESSES

- First active Witness confirms that they never studied banned literature and that the names of the banned books were posted in the Kingdom Halls.  They also checked that there were no banned books around before the meetings.

- Next Jehovah's  Witness (a college professor)  says he had been attracted to the JWs by our peaceful message and that absolutely nothing he learned was "extremist".

- The Next active Jehovah's Witness  (a Professor and scientist) is asked if he is currently using reading banned literature, he explains no he destroyed all banned literature. He explains that Witnesses are not "anti-education" but have a balanced view of education.

The Brothers continue to question active Witnesses

15"50 The Next Active Witness is Dr Kremneva.  Interestingly Dr. K does research on child abuse and extremist literature amongst young people.  She answers the brother's questions making it clear her faith is against hatred and extremism.  And that her religion as a Jehovah's Witness  helps her raise her child who is doing well in school.  She treats her non-witness colleagues well with no hatred or discrimination.

Edited by sunshine

13 minutes ago, Samira said:

upps...sorry

leave it to you then Brother João .........

13 minutes ago, Samira said:

upps...sorry

leave it to you then Brother João .........

No need of that Samira, I just waited for your post and thought you were not there... Keep on going ;)

Anyway, we can see if anyone as already posted the current staments. That way we have the information as soon as possible. I'm at work so I can't guarantee to have the information on time at every moment

Edited by jayrtom

29 minutes ago, Rhonda585 said:

Of course Satan has to add some people in there that he has control over but it is no problem for Jehovah.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

You watch. Our lawyers  With the help of Holy Spirit will expose them for what they are. Our lawyers are very clever and will probably tie them in all sorts of knots. They  will be exposed in front of the judges. It won't be pretty.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

15:50 Witness Tatiana Kremneva, doctor of pedagogical sciences.  As part of his scientific work, he is involved in the prevention of child abuse and extremist materials in the youth environment.  Confesses the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.  Representative of the Axes: When you became a Witness of Jehovah, did you become motivated to commit extremist acts?  Answer: No, the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses is incompatible with extremism.  Question of the court: why did not you become the founder of the LRO?  Witness: I do not see the need.  Trial: Do you excite discord in other religions in other religions?  Witness: No.  Advocate Zhenkov: Did the Teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses help you raise a child?  The witness tells that he is proud of his child, his success in studies and work.  Zhenkov: how do you feel about colleagues and students who do not share your religion?  Witness's response: Positively.  Without hatred, disrespect, contempt, discrimination.

I'm just wondering if they interviewed members of Al Qaeda and ISIS, if they'd find college Professors, Doctors, Scientists and Researchers...  Can anyone  really believe we really belong on the same list as such organizations?

Just a thought.

Edited by sunshine

16:05
 The Ministry of Justice invites its witnesses.  First witness Natalia Koretskaya.  The witness left the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses many years ago.  She can not explain to the court, where she could in that case be known "facts of extremist activity" of recent years. 

Here they come...

Edited by jayrtom

4 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I'm just wondering if they interviewed members of Al Qaeda and ISIS, if they'd find college Professors, Doctors, Scientists and Researchers...  

Just a thought.

They have gifted hackers and engineers so that they can do their mean work... I think that's not a valid argument. Btw, most of the witnesses don't have college degrees...

5 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

16:05
 The Ministry of Justice invites its witnesses.  First witness Natalia Koretskaya.  The witness left the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses many years ago.  She can not explain to the court, where she could in that case be known "facts of extremist activity" of recent years. 

Here they come...

:popcorn:

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

16 minutes ago, sunshine said:

The first one doesn't seem so bad- besides I can't see what they can say without incriminting themselves... what are they going to say, "Yes, I was a dangerous terrorist that was pushed to commit many autrocities?"

The Ministry of Justice apparently did not find a very good ex JW to support their side of the argument. So far they have struck out 3 days. This case should have been thrown out on Friday. Looks like Jehovah is keeping it going to so that Ezekiel's prophecy can finish being fulfilled. (Ezekiel 38:23)

Edited by Iron Stylus

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

I am wondering how much info our brothers in the courtroom will give us with regards to things the apostates say? I can't see them exposing us to everything they say if they bring up apostate type arguments. They will probably just give us the gist of what is said. It may even need to be run by someone before it is updated on the website. <--- me thinking out loud

Hmm ... that's definitely a possibility. Still it's been established what the connection is, both in terms of directives, recommendations and finance.  They were definitely trying to push to establish a legal basis for more.  We will see... I'm expecting "They let their babies die", "they disfellowshipped me and I subsequently suffered a nervous breakdown". etc etc  

Just now, MentalProject said:

I am wondering how much info our brothers in the courtroom will give us with regards to things the apostates say? I can't see them exposing us to everything they say if they bring up apostate type arguments. They will probably just give us the gist of what is said. It may even need to be run by someone before it is updated on the website. <--- me thinking out loud

I think you're totally right... the first comment seems a bit short in comparison to the others...

1 minute ago, MentalProject said:

As you say, I guess they will only give the gist of it, as they are doing with all other interventions.

Anyway, if the brothers publish it in the official site it should be safe for us too. :)

5 minutes ago, carlos said:

As you say, I guess they will only give the gist of it, as they are doing with all other interventions.

Anyway, if the brothers publish it in the official site it should be safe for us too. :)

Yes, even in the Watchtower they tell us about the false accusations of these people - I remember recently Brother Morris telling us that Apostates accuse us of not protecting our children and then going on to show how that is absolutely false.

.... then again its been a while since the last update...

Edited by sunshine