JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1440 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Well it is 4AM here in the middle of the U.S. and I am sooooo tired.

So I have to go but please keep sending money to Sister Samira and Sister Rosie.  :)

They accept any kind of money, they are not picky. 

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

18 minutes ago, And_Ray said:

Open the page in incognito window. Solved the problem for me.

Doesn't work either.  (went fine for the first time, but then it's blank)

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

4 minutes ago, Beggar for the Spirit said:

Well it is 4AM here in the middle of the U.S. and I am sooooo tired.

So I have to go but please keep sending money to Sister Samira and Sister Rosie.  :)

They accept any kind of money, they are not picky. 

So nice to see your sense of humor (:P)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

12:30

The queue to ask questions passes to the plaintiff.  What is the role of the CA in approving the charters of the LROs and their members?  Omelchenko gives the following example.  The role of the CA in approving the MPO statutes is similar to the role of the Ministry of Justice itself: the Ministry of Justice verifies the statutes for compliance with the law, and the UC checks the statutes for canonical compliance.

New questions from the representative of the Ministry of Justice are devoted to clarifying how independent the LROs are in their activities, how important is the influence of the CA on the LROs, including in the approval of the governing bodies and charters of the LROs.

The court asks the representative of the Ministry of Justice a counter clarifying question: "From the point of view of legality, how does this affect the legal capacity and legal personality of legal entities?" The question turns into a rhetorical question.  Ministry of Justice: Who are the traveling ministers?  Who are the special preachers?  Representatives of the defendant explain that these ministers cooperate with religious groups, and not with the MPO.

12:50

Judge (addressing the representative of the Ministry of Justice): Does the plaintiff have evidence that the traveling ministers and special preachers are somehow involved in the decisions of the competent authorities that came into force on the recognition of individuals or LROs as guilty of extremist activities?  No, the Justice Ministry does not have such facts.

The court (referring to the representative of the Ministry of Justice): Does the Ministry of Justice still believe that judicial acts against natural persons and MPOs have a pre-judicial force for our case?  Yes, the Justice Ministry still thinks so, because the UC was aware of these cases.  The Court recalls that in this process it is necessary to verify the legality of the requirements of the Ministry of Justice, so please continue to bring the norms of the laws.

4 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

12:50

Judge (addressing the representative of the Ministry of Justice): Does the plaintiff have evidence that the traveling ministers and special preachers are somehow involved in the decisions of the competent authorities that came into force on the recognition of individuals or LROs as guilty of extremist activities?  No, the Justice Ministry does not have such facts.

:D

13:10
 The representative of the Ministry of Justice is trying to find out whether the fact that the UC is providing material assistance to the LRO, or that the UC and the MRO is a single organization subordinated to the CA, is not indicative of the fact.  Lawyer Zhenkov explains that if a person provides material assistance to his friend, this does not mean that he is dependent.  Ministry of Justice: Does the UC inspect the financial activities of the LROs?  Lawyers explain that there is no such duty at the CA, but it is the Ministry of Justice that performs regular inspections of the economic activities of the LRO, as evidenced by hundreds of acts of inspections of the Ministry of Justice that are available in the cases.  And none of the inspections revealed the use of funds for non-target purposes.

2 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

13:10
 The representative of the Ministry of Justice is trying to find out whether the fact that the UC is providing material assistance to the LRO, or that the UC and the MRO is a single organization subordinated to the CA, is not indicative of the fact.  Lawyer Zhenkov explains that if a person provides material assistance to his friend, this does not mean that he is dependent.  Ministry of Justice: Does the UC inspect the financial activities of the LROs?  Lawyers explain that there is no such duty at the CA, but it is the Ministry of Justice that performs regular inspections of the economic activities of the LRO, as evidenced by hundreds of acts of inspections of the Ministry of Justice that are available in the cases.  And none of the inspections revealed the use of funds for non-target purposes.

I guess The Ministry of Justice acted in rush. :D

"Do not rush into a legal dispute" -  says the proverbs. :) "For what will you do later if your neighbor humiliates you?"

Edited by Zacchaeus The Short

13 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

I guess The Ministry of Justice acted in rush. :D

"Do not rush into a legal dispute" -  says the proverbs. :) "For what will you do later if your neighbor humiliates you?"

I think they are stunned to see how well we are defending ourselves and how well we are organized.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, jayrtom said:

By the way it's going at this time, It seems to be going adjourned again...

It seems it will keep on beeing adjourned untill all letters that were sent reach them.

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

I was wrong, it was adjourned to the afternoon

13:25
 The representative of the Ministry of Justice is interested in the question of why the UC sent a letter to the LRO about recognizing one of the extremist books only after its inclusion in the FEMC, if by their own admission they knew about the decision earlier, from the information on the district court's website.  Lawyers explain that it is extremely difficult to monitor court decisions on official court websites, moreover, it was not clear from the brief information on the court's website that it was the publication of Jehovah's Witnesses, and not the same-named publication of a different origin. 

13:35
 The representative of the Ministry of Justice draws attention to the fact that, according to the obsolete (until 2010) copies of the "Fundamentals of the Doctrine of the Witnesses of Jehovah", the main means of disseminating the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses is the magazine "Watchtower".  The permission to distribute this periodical was withdrawn in Russia, and the document "Foundations of the Doctrine", submitted to the Ministry of Justice, was changed accordingly.  The representative of the Ministry of Justice is interested in what is the source of the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses now.  Lawyers explain that the Bible is the basis for the belief of Jehovah's Witnesses, and most of the Witnesses' religious books are based on the Orthodox Synodal edition.  The periodical itself was not considered extremist, but only a few issues.  Since 2015, no publications at all are imported into the country. 

13:40
 The court announces a break in the court session until 14:30.

END OF THE MORNING (Simplified if anyone is interested)

13"25  Their Lawyer asks:   Why did you send a letter saying to the congregations not to distribute a book AFTER the ban had appeared on the Court website.

The Brothers Respond:  Because it is difficult to keep up with everything on that site and the way the ban was put it wasn't clear they were talking about one of our books.

Their Lawyer points out that the main way to spread the beliefs of the Jehovah's Witnesses is THE WATCHTOWER which has been banned.  What do you use today to spread your teachings.

The Brothers respond:  The bible - we mainly use the Russian Orthodox Translation (touché)

The Brothers go on to point out,  ALL the Watchtowers were not banned, only a few and no literature has been imported into Russia since 2015

13"40 Break for Lunch until 14"30

Edited by sunshine

4 minutes ago, sunshine said:

The Brothers respond:  The bible - we mainly use the Russian Orthodox Translation

True. Brothers do use Russian Synodal Bible. This Bible contains the Divine name JEHOVAH in 9 times. Brothers also use other Bible translations such as Makarios Bible where you can find Jehovah's name thousands of times.  I guess the representatives of The Ministry of Justice soon will learn many good things about Jehovah and his People and will get baptized right in the Court Room :DDD

8 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

This could go on for WEEKS, at this rate.:wacko:

I hope not for the brother's sake.  Also I'm on Easter holiday (which is the only reason I'm able to follow this "live") I'm back at work next week so I'll only be able to see what  happened in the evening...

It's sure to go on at least a few more days...