JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1412 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170407d.html

Viktor Zhenkov: Our next session will be held on Wednesday, the 12th. On the basis of the volume of materials that must be examined, the trial will continue another several days, at a minimum.

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

13 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Don't know if someone has already posted this VOA Report. Very favorable.

https://www.voanews.com/a/russia-government-seeks-ban-jehovahs-witnesses/3794608.html

... and my thoughts...
xWBL5d.png

This photo should be displayed in the courtroom..... 

Even child can point the difference... 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Violence to our family or damage to property is what I worried about. 

I recall, a few years back,  somewhere in Bulgaria there was a Hall attacked by a bunch of thugs during the Memorial.
I think there were cops watching but not restraining anyone ..

In Russia,  that is what I worry about. .. 

There is no need to worry about such things. Worry about Jehovah's name being smeared if people consider us criminals because of our faith, but remember that Jehovah can fight for his own name and reputation. (Mt 6:9; Lu 21:12-19)

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

40 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

There is no need to worry about such things. Worry about Jehovah's name being smeared if people consider us criminals because of our faith, but remember that Jehovah can fight for his own name and reputation. (Mt 6:9; Lu 21:12-19)

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

Excellent point. One I often forget unfortunately.

Just would like to share with you something. An elder from the neighbour country of Russia sent me a link of very famous newspaper of of  Mosco city called  "EchoMoscow:

http://echo.msk.ru/polls/1957622-echo.html

as you see on its first page the Newspaper there made a Pole to find out what is the Russian's opinion about the ban. 

The question asks: should Jehovah's witnesses be banned?

1. Yes

2.No

3. Can't answer. 

The Pole shows that the majority of the participants don't want to ban Witnesses! :) 

11 hours ago, Adelin said:

http://www2.stetson.edu/~psteeves/relnews/170407d.html

Viktor Zhenkov: Our next session will be held on Wednesday, the 12th. On the basis of the volume of materials that must be examined, the trial will continue another several days, at a minimum.

Another several days?  That may work to the brothers' advantage, as many more millions of letters will be arriving in Moscow during that time! 

Oh to be a fly on the wall there! :shifty:

21 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Oh to be a fly on the wall there! :shifty:

I've been thinking and saying the same thing! Piles and piles of envelopes greeting them in their incoming mail bins. 

IMG_0167.JPG

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

What I don't understand is why are opposers concerned about whether or not this potential ban will "validate" our beliefs. Comments in the comment sections of articles are rife with them making this about the Governing Body and how they believe that persecution of this nature is prophetic. They're making this about the GB, when scholars and historians worth their salt are focusing on the suppression of religious freedom in Russia.

The issue is they are afraid that the evidence points to us being right, and hence, that doesn't allow them to justify themselves. They need us to be wrong for that justification to exist. An entire country, with the influence of Russia, moving to ban us is a big deal. This is no small town like Stratton, OH trying to stop our preaching. This is such a big deal that the Holocaust Memorial expressed concern.

https://www.ushmm.org/information/press/press-releases/museum-statement-on-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia

I just find this somewhat eye-opening that while everyone else seem to have humanitarian concerns about this, THEY are the only ones worried about us being right or validated. They are also afraid that this will cause the world to see us as what we truly are; peaceful, loving, nonviolent victims of yet another hate-mongering regime -- an stark departure from the fanatics opposers lyingly try to make us out to be.

Sunset in Moscow on Tuesday April 11th is at 7:28 PM (19:28), that is 09:28 AM (09:28) Tuesday morning in California. So as the friends on the west coast in USA are meeting for field service for the final day of the Memorial Campaign, hopefully our brothers and sisters in Moscow Russia are peacefully listening to the Memorial talk.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Memorial talks begin here in New Zealand  at 11pm Monday California time it is nice to know our brothers and sisters in Russia can also attend the memorial in peace. More than ever the Memorial brings us closer together as a family and to having a large section of that family missing would of been heartbreaking,

Sunset in Moscow on Tuesday April 11th is at 7:28 PM (19:28), that is 09:28 AM (09:28) Tuesday morning in California. So as the friends on the west coast in USA are meeting for field service for the final day of the Memorial Campaign, hopefully our brothers and sisters in Moscow Russia are peacefully listening to the Memorial talk.

If there are congregations in Vladivostok Vladivostok is 7:0 hours ahead of Moscow. That means when it is 8:00 am in Moscow, it is 3:00 pm in Vladivostok. Sunset there is 7:50.

8 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

If there are congregations in Vladivostok Vladivostok is 7:0 hours ahead of Moscow. That means when it is 8:00 am in Moscow, it is 3:00 pm in Vladivostok. Sunset there is 7:50.

This is my time. I am not very far from Vladivostok. There are many congregations there, they preach in different languages.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

And, as we tuck ourselves to bed tomorrow, with sweet dreams of another Memorial observance in the books, the trial resumes .  .

For some reason this conundrum reminds me of 2 Cor. 6:14 "What sharing does light have with darkness?"

" They originate with the world; that is why they speak what originates with the world and the world listens to them" 1 John 4:14

4 minutes ago, procarvalho said:

Several new updates on the Home page. Thanks for posting.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I don't know if our brothers will enjoy the memorial in peace. 

I was reading in forum18 that their rental hall contract was cancelled (will provide link later).

My guess is that they're going to have a private celebration. 

Edited by Bob

I don't know if our brothers will enjoy the memorial in peace. 

I was reading in forum18 that their rental hall contract was cancelled (will provide link later).

My guess is that they're going to have a private celebration. 

See post 1998 it has link for forum18

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk