JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

5 hours ago, Iron Stylus said:

For those of you who found the court proceedings hard to read or understand, I created a pdf document that remedies Google's rough translation, revises grammar issues, and uses everyday language to help you understand what is being said. I also developed the material by logical argument rather than strictly chronologically to help you grasp the reasoning of the lawyers.  I hope this helps you to better understand how each day's proceedings played out. If you have any questions or see an error please let me know. ;-)

The PDF I have attached is entitled The Watchtower Sessions.

The Watchtower Sessions.pdf

Brother Jeremy

This is deeply appreciated!

Thank you!

4 hours ago, campanula said:

The name of that brother is Yaroslav Sivulsky, he is  from juridical department.

You may see him and Br. Zhenkov  in this video.

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17022316-99.html

Thank you - many here have previously translated Russian into English, would you please explain how I may learn how to do this also  - thank again.

54 minutes ago, timpin said:

Thank you - many here have previously translated Russian into English, would you please explain how I may learn how to do this also  - thank again.

- Go to https://translate.google.com

- Select Russian as the source language and English as the destination language.

- Paste the URL you want to translate.

- Click on the same URL in the English side.

Or if you are using Chrome the option to translate into English appears automatically and you just have to accept it.

36 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I've always thought it was bad that I am Russian speaking because English is the language of the organization. But now I am glad I am Russian:-) Don't need google:-)

Now you dear English speaking brothers and sisters can imagine how difficult it is for me to watch Annual meetings and other videos in English.

I sympathise

7 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

I love it! Thank you... :bouncing:

I was initially wondering if the Federal List of Extremist Materials even had an actual acronym to it because the court documents used 3 different sets of letters which I'm sure it was the court recorders mistakes. They used FEMC, FSEM, and I think one other acronym. I searched Google for the correct one and since I could not find one I settled on (FLEM). Then just last night I searched again and discovered the brothers used the same acronym on JW.org! So maybe we are both wrong  but at least we are in agreement. ;-)

Same with the use of Local Religious Organizations. The court documents kept using MPO which should have been just LRO. A Local Religious Organizations (LRO) is a Russian Kingdom Hall in local terms. Multiple congregations share most LROs, so an LRO should not be confused with a congregation individually, but the legal entity that owns and manages each building.

The most confusing part of the court proceedings was likely the part where the lawyers are talking about the structural subdivision of the Russian Administrative Center of JWs. The lawyer was pointing out the Ministry of Justice can NOT just warn an LRO of extremism, but they MUST send a notification warning to the head of the organization which is the Administrative Center. They have been liquidating and banning LRO's without notifying the Administrative Center which means that those LROs were banned unlawfully according to Russian law. They also can NOT liquidate one LRO and not liquidate the entire Russian brotherhood. That is very important, because this case could have ramifications for the LROs who were recently banned. Winning this case means the brothers would in effect win ALL of the LRO cases., or at the very least set a precedent for all other courts to rule in their favor. ;-)

"People don't know what they like, they like what they know."

2 hours ago, timpin said:

But are you asking how to translate Svetlana's link to the video?  I would like to know how to translate that video clip into English please?  You can't use google translate for audio/video, only for text, isn't that so?

3 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

But are you asking how to translate Svetlana's link to the video?  I would like to know how to translate that video clip into English please?  You can't use google translate for audio/video, only for text, isn't that so?

I think that will require a human translator. 

Interestingly Apple have just released an app called Clips that adds subtitles to video clips you record. I wonder if it is possible to play it the video then change the language of the subtitles.

Well I know what I mean anyway!

#moreConfusedThanUsual

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I will try Google Translate app when Emma wakes up!

#roughNight

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

2 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

I will try Google Translate app when Emma wakes up!

#roughNight

It wouldn't recognise the Russian.

http://uncova.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russias-case-falls-flat-at-supreme-court
uncova.com · 1 hour ago
stated while addressing the Court; “I want to remind the Ministry of Justice that your request to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses would hurt the very people who wish you a peaceful & happy

2 hours ago, futurepromise said:

http://uncova.com/jehovahs-witnesses-russias-case-falls-flat-at-supreme-court
uncova.com · 1 hour ago
stated while addressing the Court; “I want to remind the Ministry of Justice that your request to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses would hurt the very people who wish you a peaceful & happy

Hi Joan...I followed this link on Meekspace and commented there about virus warning for Android..it did not seem to be an ad..said if I did not click on to update antivirus, my sim card would be infected! I do not know if it is real, but it was scary! I turned off my phone and pulled the cards for an hour..seems to be ok now..:confused:

Screenshot_2017-04-08-14-50-38.png

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

Hi Joan...I followed this link on Meekspace and commented there about virus warning for Android..it did not seem to be an ad..said if I did not click on to update antivirus, my sim card would be infected! I do not know if it is real, but it was scary! I turned off my phone and pulled the cards for an hour..seems to be ok now..:confused:

Screenshot_2017-04-08-14-50-38.png

Yeah. I got similar warnings when I tried to click the Home page link. The About Us page for uncova.com says:

Uncova.com is a news portal, uncovering comprehensive up-to-date news coverage, breaking news, sport, politics, gist and top news headlines from Nigeria and worldwide.

But I don't know where all those windows and pop-ups come from. :confused: 

47 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Yeah. I got similar warnings when I tried to click the Home page link. The About Us page for uncova.com says:

Nigeria!!!!!:o

cat2_e0.gif

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I am on Ubuntu 16.10, so I don't get virus attacks.  I did get many pop ups too. I managed to exit those windows and did copy the page.

Jehovah’s Witnesses: Russia’s Case Falls Flat At Supreme Court

Russia’s Ministry of Justice on Friday, April 7, 2017 failed to provide convincing evidence to support the government’s demand to declare Jehovah’s Witnesses extremists and outlaw their activities in the country.

It was the third day of the hearing before the Russian Supreme Court.

“The judge directed multiple questions toward the ministry of Justice, asking them to produce evidence regarding their accusations that Jehovah’s Witnesses are extremists and distribute extremist literature.

“The ministry of justice was unable to do so,” says a report on jw.org, the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The judge fired the questions after “the court heard the testimony of four of Jehovah’s Witnesses, who presented key arguments against the ministry of justice’s claim to liquidate the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses and ban their activities,” according to the report.

It says that Vasiliy Kalin, a member of the presiding committee for the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, stated while addressing the Court: “I want to remind the Ministry of Justice that your request to ban Jehovah’s Witnesses would hurt the very people who wish you a peaceful, happy life.”

The report says that the Court has declared a recess until Wednesday, April 12, 2017, at 10:00 a.m.

A Moscow court banned the group from operating in the capital in 2004. The ruling was declared unlawful by the European Court of Human Rights in 2010, who granted compensation of 70,000 euro ($80,000).

The Jehovah’s Witnesses are a Christian religious group with roughly 8.2 million members worldwide. Their faith differs notably from mainstream Christianity in several ways, with many members believing that armageddon is imminent.

Hattip to News Express, Moscow Times

The post Jehovah’s Witnesses: Russia’s Case Falls Flat At Supreme Court appeared first on The Trent.    http://www.thetrentonline.com/russia-jehovahs-witnesses-case/

Edited by futurepromise

spelled a word wrong ops instead of ups Lol

51 minutes ago, futurepromise said:

Jehovah’s Witnesses: Russia’s Case Falls Flat At Supreme Court

Thank you Joan for explaining and posting the info.! I sent you a msg. on MS just now too..The problem with myself and others is that we are not computer savy..some only have phones and tablets..I came within a hair of clicking the final deadly link!!:unsure:

cat2_e0.gif

1 minute ago, SUNRAY said:

Thank you Joan for explaining and posting the info.! I sent you a msg. on MS just now too..The problem with myself and others is that we are not computer savy..some only have phones and tablets..I came within a hair of clicking the final deadly link!!:unsure:

You reacted just like I would of.  When I am cautious of a pop-up window, I do not x (close), I shut down. You did alright.  Sorry I put you all through this, forgive me.  The post Jehovah’s Witnesses: Russia’s Case Falls Flat At Supreme Court appeared first on The Trent.    http://www.thetrentonline.com/russia-jehovahs-witnesses-case/  You shouldn't have problems with that site.

6 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I sent you a msg. on MS just now too

What is MS ?

Joan..of course I forgive you:wub:..I learned a valuable lesson about what a bad pop-up is!! I enjoyed the information..some points were new .. like about Armageddon!!:D

cat2_e0.gif

49 minutes ago, pnutts said:

A beaver? :shrugs:

There is a brother in our hall who manages to work beavers into 99.99% of his public talks.:D. You can't imagine the creative ways he comes up with to include them.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

We need more animals on this site, to go with the sheep, turtles, kiwi and anything else we have.

I'm doing my part.  I'm a you, er, ewe.^_^

Sheep-Eating-Grass.gif.fdf111a9f2d3a09fbcbee7c6a360e3ff.thumb.gif.4f28cac9a4496887b9abe2b3ea9fe947.gif.54d373c36754dce6c6562c834c38c192.gif

Here I am, munching on some of the tasty spiritual morsels to be found on this message board.

Its upbuilding posts supplement my regular diet, which already keeps me extremely well-nourished, and the humorous comments keep

me smiling.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

13 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

There is a brother in our hall who manages to work beavers into 99.99% of his public talks.:D. You can't imagine the creative ways he comes up with to include them.^_^

Ahhhh! You can't be talkin' about our friend, the jack-pine savage and dear brother Monte? :lol1:

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”