JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1411 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

25 minutes ago, Doug said:

Isn't is obvious to you, brother?  He was quoting from your letter !!!    Congratulations , you're 'On the Record'  :shutup:

He said it better than I did. I'm sure we all said the same thing in different words...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

16 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

He said it better than I did. I'm sure we all said the same thing in different words...

....better than I did

“He that conducts himself as a lesser one among all of you is the one that is great.”—LUKE 9:48.

Well according scriptures and your humility you're

Tortuga the Great!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Old said:

I think we should keep our discussion serial.

Everyone knows that over use of oxymoron has become a great problem in the medical community.

Turtles are a minority group and we should limit offensive comments to those that can be confirmed.

In some areas 'Tortuglisky' could be a perjorative.

I ask you, where is the chocolate!

(Sorry, it's been a slow afternoon! :D )

Yes you are right. Tortuga I most humbly apologise for any quips or comments directed towards you in the future.

And ... since I live in New Zealand, this momumental apology also comes to you from the future. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, ishaya moses said:

and I'm concerned too about the effect the prevailing situation can have on the interested invited guests to the memorial.might they become fearful to identify with our brothers during the memorial? our brothers in Russia are really going to need to put up a hard fight against every form of discouragement that will try to rob them of the joy of this memorial occasion.
i understand it can be really hard not to feel discouraged and downhearted (like king Hezekiah) especially when there seems to be very little that you can do to help the situation.but always remember modesty,it makes you to have complete trust in Jehovah's ability to calm every storm and restore peace to his people.

Sent from my TECNO P9 using Tapatalk

Good points.

Well it will be a particularly good sign if newly interested ones attend despite everything. Then again, this might prove to be such a good witness that even more people end up attending...

Hello - anyone know?    ...   What is the name of this Brother and his role in the case?

an additional nice tidbit - it's a start   ...  https://www.ushmm.org/information/press/press-releases/museum-statement-on-jehovahs-witnesses-in-russia

Edited by timpin

2 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Yes you are right. Tortuga I most humbly apologise for any quips or comments directed towards you in the future.

And ... since I live in New Zealand, this momumental apology also comes to you from the future. 

Transmitted via wormhole in Australia :zipmouth:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

52 minutes ago, josb_ve said:

Hello to all my brothers and sisters! I'm glad to be able to participate with you now as registered member. I didn't knew the existance of jwt until recent events in Russia. Since the GB asked us to send letters, I have been more anxious than ever about what is going on. Just few days ago I found this lovely place and have been reading this whole thread since page 1. I'm very happy to see everyone effort to encourage each others and pray for our brothers in Russia. I have been using the data from this thread to keep informed brothers in my congregation about what's going on. I was deeply worried with what happened on the first day, and every prayer requesting to Jehovah to help the brothers did a great job. I love how they are using Jehovah's voice to put in his place the MoJ. And Jehovah controlling everything , best example they can have the memorial without worrying to much about this trial. My humble request to everyone reading here is: don't stop praying our brothers in Russia can have their memorials in peace, without disturbs from external people. It's a especial moment and we know Jehovah will help them, but He also wants we request it. Finally, because english is not my mother language, sometimes could be difficult for me to express myself. If any of you see any mistake in my words, spelling, let me know. I'm still learning this language and would like to keep improving myself with everybody help. Warm hugs for all!

Wow Jose! I was raised in the US and my English isn't as good as yours! Your concern for the Russian friends is heartwarming , especially considering what you are all going through in your country now! The brothers and sisters in Venezuela are always in my prayers too! Welcome and keep those wonderful comments coming!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

44 minutes ago, shali said:

Wow Jose! I was raised in the US and my English isn't as good as yours! Your concern for the Russian friends is heartwarming , especially considering what you are all going through in your country now! The brothers and sisters in Venezuela are always in my prayers too! Welcome and keep those wonderful comments coming!

Thank you sister Brigette for your kind words. Indeed, it's not easy the situation here, but thanks to Jehovah we have hold on. I have seen his hand helping many brothers, including my mom and myself. All that just makes my faith more stronger. I have learned from Joseph example (Ge 39:1-6) to not focus on my own situation, like what is happening in my country, but in what I can do to give good testimony about Jehovah and helping others to progress in faith. It was truly amazing to see my congregation working together to send letters. Witness was so big than DHL gave special price and expedited service to JWs who wanted to sent their letters to Russia.

One of my letters I asked them to  let the prison  records show what  religions fill the majority of those ones incarcerated in the Russian prison system for committing crimes? 

Let my words, like vegetables, be tender and sweet, for tomorrow these words, I may have to eat~

:uhhuh: 

49 minutes ago, Iron Stylus said:

For those of you who found the court proceedings hard to read or understand, I created a pdf document that remedies Google's rough translation, revises grammar issues, and uses everyday language to help you understand what is being said. I also developed the material by logical argument rather than strictly chronologically to help you grasp the reasoning of the lawyers.  I hope this helps you to better understand how each day's proceedings played out. If you have any questions or see an error please let me know. ;-)

The PDF I have attached is entitled The Watchtower Sessions.

The Watchtower Sessions.pdf

I love it! Thank you... :bouncing:

54 minutes ago, Iron Stylus said:

For those of you who found the court proceedings hard to read or understand, I created a pdf document that remedies Google's rough translation, revises grammar issues, and uses everyday language to help you understand what is being said. I also developed the material by logical argument rather than strictly chronologically to help you grasp the reasoning of the lawyers.  I hope this helps you to better understand how each day's proceedings played out. If you have any questions or see an error please let me know. ;-)

Thanks very much Jeremy. Very well done.

3 hours ago, timpin said:

Hello - anyone know?    ...   What is the name of this Brother and his role in the case?

The name of that brother is Yaroslav Sivulsky, he is  from juridical department.

You may see him and Br. Zhenkov  in this video.

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17022316-99.html

Edited by campanula

link added

"Absolute rubbish”

2 hours ago, josb_ve said:

not focus on my own situation, like what is happening in my country, but in what I can do to give good testimony about Jehovah and helping others to progress in faith. It was truly amazing to see my congregation working together to send letters. Witness was so big

Brother Jose, Welcome! We are aware of how hard it is in your country, though we can only imagine the hardship you are going through.  What a good encouragement you brothers are to us in more stable countries!  We appreciate how diligent you are with your worship, and it's lovely to have you join us here :) .  We have our love for our Creator Jehovah that binds us united and we pray for your well being and for the best outcome for our brothers and sisters in Russia this week.

3 hours ago, Iron Stylus said:

I really appreciate your work brother. Thnk u :)